Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

I don't know about unraveling, but I do think Pegs will be quick to lower the boom on Kromer if there's any substance to the charge, much to the chagrin of some of the bleeding hearts around here.

Huh? The only bleeding hearts I see are people that want to wait for all the facts to come out. They seem to be outnumbered by the rush-to-judgement croud, but that's to be expected at TSW...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Florio doubts Kromer but believes the kid. LOL! What a tool.

I'm curious what the height and weight of the minors were. For all we know they were farm grown baseball/football players that were 6'1" 200lbs.

I've seen my share of 16 year old kids that do.

Now if they were 5'2", 120lbs I would probably call bull on the self defense. Even if he was outnumbered.

I don't know about unraveling, but I do think Pegs will be quick to lower the boom on Kromer if there's any substance to the charge, much to the chagrin of some of the bleeding hearts around here.

If it's all true and accurate, let the chips fall where they may. The "bleeding hearts" just seem to want due process.

I'm curious what the height and weight of the minors were. For all we know they were farm grown baseball/football players that were 6'1" 200lbs.

Now if they were 5'2", 120lbs I would probably call bull on the self defense. Even if he was outnumbered.

Three average sized teens could take most 50 year old men I'd venture. even a large one.

Meh. 215 is skinny for 6'4. I'd take him down.

Yea- im not saying I want to fight the guy but I don't think 6'4 215 is as intimidating as it sounds at a glance. From about 4-5 years ago

New+Orleans+Saints+v+Tennessee+Titans+aD

Edited by NoSaint

“It was dark out. He couldn’t see the people,” the source told Marvez. “The kids were belligerent and threatened him. Bottom line, they stole his property and he couldn’t identify them because it was dark out and they threatened him.”

It’s possible the source was Kromer himself. If so, it’s hard to accept such a self-serving account at face value. Indeed, Kromer is a big guy — six feet, four inches and 215 pounds, according to the booking report. How “threatened” was he by a group of minors?

Nothing good happens after 1am. They say

Three average sized teens could take most 50 year old men I'd venture. even a large one.

Yep. And as has been said, 6'4" 215# is tall but wiry. And considering it was dark, you don't know what weapons they might have on them. Which is probably why he took his (adult) son with him.

And (allegedly) threatened to kill their families, for good measure.

That claim's not worth much. It's he-said he-said.

I have a hunch that this will end up Not being a big deal.

In the meantime, it looks like Kurt Anderson (who appears to be a holdover on the staff), will have more responsibility until this gets sorted out.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/anderson_kurt/1dd1c30e-01e4-4b05-86b2-339e6d4652fe

I wonder if the Bills bring in someone like LeCharles Bentley to help out in the interim.

I also wonder how this impacts the offensive line competition- particularly between Seantrel and Cyrus.

Rob Quinn tweeted Bentley to (jokingly, kind of) ask if the Bills would give him "all the monies" to be the oL coach if Kromer got fired. his response:

@LeCharlesBent65: And only red M&Ms, Perrier Water, Organic Great White Shark Filets & OL flys private jet to ALL away games. #Deal https://t.co/h39veDsqiX

How old is Kromers son? If he was kind of young, and the two of them were threatened by 3 guys, I can see him hitting one in self defense to protect his son.

I ask this question of myself. If I were him and they were acting in a manner injurious to me and my son you better be sure Id have knocked one of them down to even the odds a bit. That is why I say lets see how things plays out. Not because of any "bleeding heart" but because the story hasn't been told.

Did the fishing pole get swung at him? Did they start calling out to him? Was there a provoked conversation that mad him feel threatened?

Edited by fansince88

Okay--this is it for me on this thread.

I don't care about the final resolution of the facts. The guy put himself in a situation where the end result has already reflected badly on his employer. He has likely violated his employment agreement which has "behavior unbecoming" as a standard not "conviction". Seven months ago this employee embarassed another employer in the same association by trying to cover up and lying about inappropriate comments about one of the organization's employees to the media. Said employee would be now terminated if he worked for a company I ran.

Don't confuse the legal standard with the employment standard and don't give this idiot the benefit of the doubt.

This is the fricking first headline on ESPN.com right now: Bills assistant arrested for allegedly punching boy

I don't want to be the Cowboys, Patriots, Vikings..behavior unbecoming...

How do you know that kid wasn't talking ****?

Huh? The only bleeding hearts I see are people that want to wait for all the facts to come out. They seem to be outnumbered by the rush-to-judgement croud, but that's to be expected at TSW...

People who want to wait for the facts are such a buzz kill. You'll never rally a good lynch mob with that attitude.

I ask this question of myself. If I were him and they were acting in a manner injurious to me and my son you better be sure Id have knocked one of them down to even the odds a bit. That is why I say lets see how things plays out. Not because of any "bleeding heart" but because the story hasn't been told.

Did the fishing pole get swung at him? Did they start calling out to him? Was there a provoked conversation that mad him feel threatened?

All very good questions.

P.S. There are very few things that I would not do to protect my sons.

The more I think about it, you're probably right. I'd imagine even two average sized teens could give a 50 year old a run for their money.

I do wonder why he's out there at that hour with his son. I'd want my son out of the mix, especially if I'm there to calm things. I had a strangely simliar situation once, but my oldest was only 10-12. I almost decked the punk, but called security instead. Sadly, the trouble maker died less thsan a year later in an alcohol related crash. Only then did I feel badly. I've been firmly on the "let's get the facts side", but had it been a night of adult beverages that impaired judgment and restraint?

My sons OLine in high school averaged 285 lbs. None were 18 at the time. All could be intimidating and none looked like minors.

And I ask why? Its basically like me asking what does 2+? = and you say 10 without knowing the other number. Dumb.

Because they can't live with uncertainty.

Well, isn't that a piece of journalistic crap! I don't know what happened, but neither does Florio. I, at least, know better than to pretend I know. I hope this tale turns as much for Kromer and the Bills as I do to see Florio twist in the wind. Even if he's right, he's wrong to go about it that way. He loses, period.

But Florio knows we can trust the kids, but not Kromer.

On the other hand, we now know what the "F" stands for in JoeF's name.

I do wonder why he's out there at that hour with his son. I'd want my son out of the mix, especially if I'm there to calm things. I had a strangely simliar situation once, but my oldest was only 10-12. I almost decked the punk, but called security instead. Sadly, the trouble maker died less thsan a year later in an alcohol related crash. Only then did I feel badly. I've been firmly on the "let's get the facts side", but had it been a night of adult beverages that impaired judgment and restraint?

My sons OLine in high school averaged 285 lbs. None were 18 at the time. All could be intimidating and none looked like minors.

Point of note: he was arrested at 1:30am, but that doesn't mean the altercation occurred then. Given that the police report says they took the kids' statements, and Kromer was "later identified," it's possible there was a significant amount of time between altercation and arrest.

Its interesting to me, that the internet exposes the mentality and morals and ethics of some folks. whether intentional or not.

Love this Quote, very fitting in a situation like this.

Thanks 3&12.

Imo

In one side you have a guy that's in the middle of a rare week off at his beach house- the other side 3 teens taking someone else's furniture to go fishing at 1am.... If both sides were completely sober I'd be pretty surprised. Heck, if either side was stone cold sober id be surprised, just playing the odds at that hour and with the contextual clues.

Point of note: he was arrested at 1:30am, but that doesn't mean the altercation occurred then. Given that the police report says they took the kids' statements, and Kromer was "later identified," it's possible there was a significant amount of time between altercation and arrest.

Point well taken, and another reason we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves judging this situation. Again, let the chips fall where they may.... when we know facts and the time comes. That will lead to a whole new discussion over what is appropriate, but for now we don't know enough to condemn.

How old is Kromers son? If he was kind of young, and the two of them were threatened by 3 guys, I can see him hitting one in self defense to protect his son.

He's college age and maybe out of college. I read in an interview that Kromers son volunteers coaching QBs at one college and his daughter volunteers helping an AD at Texas A&M. So I imagine that his son is in his early to mid 20s.

Also we have no idea how big the teens were. In the Hans Solo fiasco when she was arrested for punching her 17 year old nephew, she is 5'9" 150 and he is 6'8" 240 (or one report said 270). At 17.

He's college age and maybe out of college. I read in an interview that Kromers son volunteers coaching QBs at one college and his daughter volunteers helping an AD at Texas A&M. So I imagine that his son is in his early to mid 20s.

Also we have no idea how big the teens were. In the Hans Solo fiasco when she was arrested for punching her 17 year old nephew, she is 5'9" 150 and he is 6'8" 240 (or one report said 270). At 17.

:D:lol:

if that boy is more beat then her box I would be surprised. that box been thru some stuff.

FWIW, this is what this guy wrote in the comments to the Alex Marvez article:

Chris Sutter Kampfer

I have lived around this area for over 20 years. That part of the beach is pitch black at night. This will turn out to be high school kids. Walton and Okaloosa county’s both have a problem with kids on the beach at night drinking, drugs and sex.

It's interesting watching the evolution of this thread. :lol:

That's what happens as more stuff comes out.

Probably didn't happen then (boys had to get home, concoct a story, call the cops, they had to get out there, etc., but it happened after dark.

Hans punched first.

Chris Sutter Kampfer

I have lived around this area for over 20 years. That part of the beach is pitch black at night. This will turn out to be high school kids. Walton and Okaloosa county’s both have a problem with kids on the beach at night drinking, drugs and sex.

I saw that. And wasn't there a report that the boys were between the ages of 16 and 17?

In one side you have a guy that's in the middle of a rare week off at his beach house- the other side 3 teens taking someone else's furniture to go fishing at 1am.... If both sides were completely sober I'd be pretty surprised. Heck, if either side was stone cold sober id be surprised, just playing the odds at that hour and with the contextual clues.

There are no sides. I'm the biggest Bills homer. he made a terrible decision. He's a 50 year old man and these were teens. Bottomline you can call the police. If I was a decision maker for the Bills he would be fired already period.

Chris Sutter Kampfer

I cannot believe that for teenagers sex, drugs and drinking are a problem. I have never met a teenager that said they were.

Did this make anyone else miss their childhood?

oh my god yes. I missed all of this in my childhood. :(

oh my god yes. I missed all of this in my childhood. :(

OK, trade beach for quarry, and I'm having flash backs. I must admit, good times, even if I was a young fool. I hope I'm much better now.

Because in the wonderful internet world, everyone has an opinion that can be shared and essentially no consequences for doing so. Extremely annoying, but will never not be the case.

There can be consequences. We provide them here on a relatively routine basis.