Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

What goes for the players, goes for the coaches. Suspend him indefinitely until this gets resolved. Zero Tolerance.

I am hearing that this was pre-meditated, Kromer set these guys up, caught them red handed. Kromers son stayed behind to help the minors gather their belongings, while his dad stormed off in a fit of rage. Wow!!

Exciting yet embarrassing.

Imo

what you are "hearing" is what the kids said in the police report posted a few pages back

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stopped reading after you put thecollective we

Many of us here do not fall in to that "we" because mmany of us believe in due process.

Well it's impressive that you guessed what I was going to say after stopping at the 10th word :P

You're right though, I shouldnt assume that we could all agree on anything. We're like herding cats that way.

But seriously, people do get suspended from their jobs (I'm thinking of cops) while undergoing review or an investigation. If Greg Hardy had new charges pop up we'd likely be in favor of that.

Well it's impressive that you guessed what I was going to say after stopping at the 10th word :P

You're right though, I shouldnt assume that we could all agree on anything. We're like herding cats that way.

But seriously, people do get suspended from their jobs (I'm thinking of cops) while undergoing review or an investigation. If Greg Hardy had new charges pop up we'd likely be in favor of that.

A cop would be a totally different story. Similarly If kromer were teaching high school it'd be a case where it would seem his offense created doubt about an ability to perform his job tasks effectively.

As an offensive line coach in the NFL? The amusing part of course being that if he doesn't coach in the NFL I bet he ends up coaching kids.

What happened is pretty clear to me.

Kromer heard some kids playing on the beach at night and went out because he was concerned for their safety. He found three drunk, 285 lb lineman having sex with each other and smashing his favorite beach chairs. He politely told them to stop, when they went berserk. They threw their fishing poles into the water and charged him in a steroid induced rage. He raised his hand to his face to protect against a head butt attempt by one of the "kids" and the lineman struck his hand with his eye. He then tripped over the leg of one of the chairs. Terrified, Kromer and his son retreated back to his home, telling the kids that he was going to "tell their family and call the police", which they mis-heard as "kill their families if they called the police."

Couldn't be clearer.

What happened is pretty clear to me.

Kromer heard some kids playing on the beach at night and went out because he was concerned for their safety. He found three drunk, 285 lb lineman having sex with each other and smashing his favorite beach chairs. He politely told them to stop, when they went berserk. They threw their fishing poles into the water and charged him in a steroid induced rage. He raised his hand to his face to protect against a head butt attempt by one of the "kids" and the lineman struck his hand with his eye. He then tripped over the leg of one of the chairs. Terrified, Kromer and his son retreated back to his home, telling the kids that he was going to "tell their family and call the police", which they mis-heard as "kill their families if they called the police."

Couldn't be clearer.

Is Doug Marrone his neighbor?

In the 24 hours since this story broke I've come to the conclusion I don't really care whether this guy is coaching the Bills' OL or not -- but I keep coming back for the jokes.

So true. After an initial story breaks, the real value of online media sources or MBs are the comments section. They're a never ending source of amusement / amazement...

Its equally impressive that he made it 12 words into a paragraph before giving up out of frustration. That has got to be a new personal record.

Edited by Jauronimo

I think it's more likely that he is suspended, either by the league, team, or both, than fired. AP beat his own 4 year old son over a video game and claimed he didn't know it was wrong. All he got a was a paid vacation. Ditto Greg Hardy who apparently paid off the girlfriend he roughed up so she wouldn't talk. Even if the Bills do decide to fire him, I think he will work again in the nfl.

He may have some anger or mental issues though. Perhaps the Bills were even already aware.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think it's more likely that he is suspended, either by the league, team, or both, than fired. AP beat his own 4 year old son over a video game and claimed he didn't know it was wrong. All he got a was a paid vacation. Ditto Greg Hardy who apparently paid off the girlfriend he roughed up so she wouldn't talk. Even if the Bills do decide to fire him, I think he will work again in the nfl.

He may have some anger or mental issues though. Perhaps the Bills were even already aware.

I think it depends on the ages and sizes of the kids and whether they believe that he couldn't tell they were minors and really felt threatened because of their size. Why those were redacted from the report is curious.

I'm guessing the kids were drunk. Why else would they be on the beach that late at night? Some guy comes out of the dark, confronts them, and things got a little crazy. If he punched the kid in the face, don't you think he would have hurt him? I'll bet Kromer packs a punch hard enough to hit a kid.

The kids lied. That's why the cops sent him home.

we'll hear the truth sooner or later.

I'm guessing the kids were drunk. Why else would they be on the beach that late at night? Some guy comes out of the dark, confronts them, and things got a little crazy. If he punched the kid in the face, don't you think he would have hurt him? I'll bet Kromer packs a punch hard enough to hit a kid.

the cops did say that the kid had visible swelling on one eye

As much as I'd hate for the chaos of losing your offensive line coach, I don't think the Bills should be wishy washy on this.

Seriously? This is barely an incident.

And Im sure that:

1. The kids are lucky that they have Aaron Kromer next door, and not Buddy Ryan.

and

2. Kromer is lucky he isn't dealing with teenage Rex and Rob Ryan.

Doesnt seem like much of a thing to me.

I wonder if the police tested for alcohol and drugs. I have a feeling that they did not.

Seriously? This is barely an incident.

And Im sure that:

1. The kids are lucky that they have Aaron Kromer next door, and not Buddy Ryan.

and

2. Kromer is lucky he isn't dealing with teenage Rex and Rob Ryan.

Doesnt seem like much of a thing to me.

Right. Can't you actually shoot someone in Florida for coming onto your grounds and stealing your property?

How late were they out?

the cops did say that the kid had visible swelling on one eye

I suppose the question would be, is that from a punch? Or was Aaron trying to take a chair back and tried grabbing it and the "kid" didn't let go and there was a bit of back and forth and he got knocked in the face in the back forth struggle.

Not saying the kid is lying but this whole account thus far is from him, after the fact.