Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

As facts come to light the outlook for Aaron Kromer is not improving. That he punched one minor in the eye and pushed him to the ground doesn't seem to be in question. Nor does that he threw one of the minor's fishing poles in the ocean. That's not good. It sure doesn't paint a picture of a guy who was in control of his emotions. That the minors were using Kromer's chairs isn't in debate either. Kromer has alleged self defense, but hasn't made any specific allegations against the minors. I'd have to think that if one had hit him we'd know about it by now, so that's out. After Kromer hit the minor, his son stayed to help the minors try to get their fishing rod back so it makes no sense to think the minors were even threatening anyone (much less attacking anyone physically). If they had, there's no way he'd have stuck around to help them. This is bad.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As facts come to light the outlook for Aaron Kromer is not improving. That he punched one minor in the eye and pushed him to the ground doesn't seem to be in question. Nor does that he threw one of the minor's fishing poles in the ocean. That's not good. It sure doesn't paint a picture of a guy who was in control of his emotions. That the minors were using Kromer's chairs isn't in debate either. Kromer has alleged self defense, but hasn't made any specific allegations against the minors. I'd have to think that if one had hit him we'd know about it by now, so that's out. After Kromer hit the minor, his son stayed to help the minors try to get their fishing rod back so it makes no sense to think the minors were even threatening anyone (much less attacking anyone physically). If they had, there's no way he'd have stuck around to help them. This is bad.

I think this kind of thinking jumps to huge conclusions.

If Kromers son is a decent person, there is every reason to believe that he would help the kids, even if the kids were punks and started it. Obviously his dad went off the handle even if the kids were 100% idiots. But chances are great that the kids did something really stupid, too, to provoke it. Guys don't just walk out and start swinging at teenagers and threaten or allegedly threaten to kill their family without provocation. Kromers kid probably knew his dad went overboard, it probably wasn't the first time he saw it, and then was trying to diffuse the two aggravated parties. And stop them from going further.

That doesn't at all mean the kids weren't responsible. Or didn't start it. Or weren't as bad as Kromer. We just don't know.

I'll tell you this I will not rush to judgment until I know the age of these boys who were fishing at 1:30 in the morning. This seems like more irresponsible reporting. i.e hit a child. In all likelihood these were three loud mouth 17 year olds (technically minors) who were sipping daddy's whiskey and learned a life's not to talk sh*t to a man or f*ck with his possessions.

I'll tell you this I will not rush to judgment until I know the age of these boys who were fishing at 1:30 in the morning. This seems like more irresponsible reporting. i.e hit a child. In all likelihood these were three loud mouth 17 year olds (technically minors) who were sipping daddy's whiskey and learned a life's not to talk sh*t to a man or f*ck with his possessions.

life's lesson

Exactly. And I still think that the teen's black eye was caused by him trying to head butt Kromer and accidentally hitting his fist. Plus, these kids were probably huge high school lineman hyped up on steroids anyway. What was Kromer supposed to do?

Edited by vincec

Exactly. And I still think that the teen's black eye was caused by him trying to head butt Kromer and accidentally hitting his fist. Plus, these kids were probably huge high school lineman hyped up on steroids anyway. What was Kromer supposed to do?

Ha! Funny but I don't think he was hitting an eight year old either. May not be totally innocent but there is more to this story.

I find it hilarious that people who are saying we shouldn't make Kromer guilty until he is proven guilty, but they are condemning this kids for underage drinking when there has not been a single report saying that they were drinking.

"yup, they were 17 year old kids out past 11, they were probably drinking daddy's whiskey."

Because you know, if they are teenagers and they are out and about at night, they have to be drinking. cause that is the only possibility.

The kids probably paid off those cops so they didn't get in trouble for underage drinking. kids these days are loaded with cash.

Maybe this isn't about beach chairs. Maybe kromer when out there to lecture these young people the dangers of alcohol and what it does to the brain. Then these little ***** got mad and went after him. Kids never listen

I find it hilarious that people who are saying we shouldn't make Kromer guilty until he is proven guilty, but they are condemning this kids for underage drinking when there has not been a single report saying that they were drinking.

"yup, they were 17 year old kids out past 11, they were probably drinking daddy's whiskey."

Because you know, if they are teenagers and they are out and about at night, they have to be drinking. cause that is the only possibility.

The kids probably paid off those cops so they didn't get in trouble for underage drinking. kids these days are loaded with cash.

Maybe this isn't about beach chairs. Maybe kromer when out there to lecture these young people the dangers of alcohol and what it does to the brain. Then these little ***** got mad and went after him. Kids never listen

I think most people remember how they acted at 17 and project. I mean, teenagers do stupid things all the time. It's a law, like water or dinosaurs. Edited by FireChan

It's really a matter of percentages. What are the chances that polite, sober, 17 year olds fishing at 11:30 pm at night, caused a middle aged guy to punch their faces and want to kill their families by sitting in a beach chair. That's believable.

Obviously they have buyer's remorse if they're going to bench him after paying him a ton to re-sign him. That adds nothing. And anyone could have been the source for what was likely a widely-held belief among the Bears' coaches and brass. So if he told Rapoport to quote him anonymously, I still don't see why he'd cry over it. Whereas saying something to Rapoport he didn't want to/think would get out, it got out, and he felt bad about it would produce that kind of reaction.

Was there a witness to the punch other than the victim? If not, no other witness and no marks on his hand casts doubt. If he admits to hitting the kid though, that issue is settled, but if I was his lawyer, that's how I'd play it.

He admitted he was the anonymous source. I don't know what your point is. This has been well reported.

The witnesses are the other kids and Kromer's son.

No it hasn't. Maybe Kromer grabbed one of the chairs from the kid, the kid grabbed it back, Kromer let go, and the chair hit the kid in the eye.

Furthermore...no one's seen any witness statements. Read the police report. The witness statements - all of them, including Kromer's - are redacted. The only available statement in the police report is from the arresting officer.

It amazes me that someone who will twist themselves into absolutely impossible contortions to defend Tom Brady somehow believes this is an open-and-shut case. You are one serious whackadoodle.

Well, other than the cops...

So, you are raising the possibility that it was the chair that did the damage to the kid----and I'm the contortionist? Even Kromer's "sources" haven't ventured that bit of silliness. What I've said is that if he punched the kid, he's done.

You know I've repeatedly said Brady is guilty as charged. So why keep pretending otherwise? Your tank is empty.

As I recall, it was not a state secret that the Bears regretted the contract they gave Cutler. Anyone with any sense would regret givingCutler that contract.

It was not exactly giving away state secrets, he was basically telling the complete truth, that everyone knew already, about a guy everyone hated and already had buyer's or fan's remorse. String 'me up!

Well keep laughing at the hysterics because your world of rainbows and unicorns doesn't exist either. Those poor innocent boys who were victims of an unprovoked attack by an NFL coach with no prior history of this type of behavior. Thank god for those boys exposing this evil man. You are right makes way more sense than spoiled expectant little turds getting their just desserts.

Well, other than the cops...

Yeah, I thought "outside of the cops and DA's office" was understood. You sure as **** haven't, despite acting as though you have.

So, you are raising the possibility that it was the chair that did the damage to the kid----and I'm the contortionist? Even Kromer's "sources" haven't ventured that bit of silliness. What I've said is that if he punched the kid, he's done.

No, I'm using an example to make the point that you don't know what you don't know. And it's still orders of magnitude less silly than the ridiculous leaps of insanity you take to defend Brady.

Just face facts: you're an intellectually dishonest hypocrite.

Walton County is the Destin, FL area of the state. Not all that far from Jacksonville. Not only were three of the six beach chairs covered by a tarp, but does anyone think that perhaps these punk losers were saying what a great coach Dave Marrone is, and Kromer just HAD to punch their faces and kill their families?

Just face facts: you're an intellectually dishonest hypocrite.

But if you just ignore all that, at least he's relentlessly negative about anything to do with the Bills.

Well keep laughing at the hysterics because your world of rainbows and unicorns doesn't exist either. Those poor innocent boys who were victims of an unprovoked attack by an NFL coach with no prior history of this type of behavior. Thank god for those boys exposing this evil man. You are right makes way more sense than spoiled expectant little turds getting their just desserts.

I never said they are innocent. I have no idea. But it seems hypocritical for people to post "don't condemn kromer!" then they turn around and condemn the boys. The hypocrisy is disgusting. People can't have it both ways. a lot of people here are being sensible. But there are some that are defending kromer to death with little evidence and then condemning the kids on even less evidence.

I never said they are innocent. I have no idea. But it seems hypocritical for people to post "don't condemn kromer!" then they turn around and condemn the boys. The hypocrisy is disgusting. People can't have it both ways. a lot of people here are being sensible. But there are some that are defending kromer to death with little evidence and then condemning the kids on even less evidence.

Who here is defending Kromer to death?

He admitted he was the anonymous source. I don't know what your point is. This has been well reported.

My point is that if Kromer said to Rapoport "I don't care if you make my comments public, just keep me anonymous," it's highly unlikely he cries when he's found out. Versus telling Rapoport in confidence thinking it won't be published, it is, and he feels betrayed and/or embarrassed that it got out.

I wouldn't be surprise to learn they were drinking, but I wouldn't bring it up unless/until there is some evidence for it. These kids could have been punks without being under the influence of anything.