Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

His own wiki lists him as O-line coach for Raiders 2002-4. He was also hired as "offensive line coach and offensive coordinator" for the Bears when he got there in 2013, later handing over O-line duties to Pat Meyer.

my mistake as he was hired at oakland as assistant and was promoted later, and likewise chicago tripped me up with the change in title.

feel like you sidestepped the players listed....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His own wiki lists him as O-line coach for Raiders 2002-4. He was also hired as "offensive line coach and offensive coordinator" for the Bears when he got there in 2013, later handing over O-line duties to Pat Meyer.

He was OL coach in 2013. In 2014 he was promoted to OC and the other guy took over the OL. He was generally regarded as a very good OL coach and a very crappy OC.

To be clear, i think they originally gave him the title of OC/OL coach to get him from New Orleans. But it was clearly Trestman's offense, and he basically coached the OL. The next year they made him more of an OC, Trestman took more control of the whole team, and because Kromer was the OC they hired a OL coach to take over Kromer's old duties.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

He was OL coach in 2013. In 2014 he was promoted to OC and the other guy took over the OL. He was generally regarded as a very good OL coach and a very crappy OC.

yup -- he was also well respected in the saints organization as not just oline, but also promoted to run game coordinator and was an interim head coach during the suspensions there.

it would seem he does well as a position coach. his players succeed and the higher ups respected his work.

What goes for the players, goes for the coaches. Suspend him indefinitely until this gets resolved. Zero Tolerance.

I am hearing that this was pre-meditated, Kromer set these guys up, caught them red handed. Kromers son stayed behind to help the minors gather their belongings, while his dad stormed off in a fit of rage. Wow!!

Exciting yet embarrassing.

Imo

I wasn't aware that all players accused of misdemeanors were being suspended indefinately until the court system drags its way to a resolution, which can take years.

There is no way he didn't know it would be printed. They were going to bench Cutler for Clausen. There is no other reason to undercut Cutler to the press.

Okay, this might be plausible. But if Kromer told Rapoport to use his comments anonymously, why make the tearful apology later? Seems he'd get emotional over what he thought were confidential comments going public versus comments he wanted made public.

One of the kids has a shiner. Unless Kromer can credibly say he was defending himself (or unless someone can successfully cripple the credibility of 3 witnesses and conclude the kid was never hit by Kroemr), the burden of proof (Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person's will (non-consensual), or. The intentional causing of bodily harm to another person) for the charge has been met.

Did the report state whether Kromer have incriminating marks on either of his hands?

Wasn't this on a public beach access area? I thought I read that.

It was but the chairs were rented so it's technically theft (from what I understand). However, he allegedly set them up to entrap them so I don't know if it still applies. Edited by The Wiz

It was but the chairs were rented so it's technically theft (from what I understand). However, he allegedly set them up to entrap them so I don't know if it still applies.

I'm not sure I follow. Did Kromer own the chairs or were they available for rental from someone? Or was Kromer renting them out?

I'm not sure I follow. Did Kromer own the chairs or were they available for rental from someone? Or was Kromer renting them out?

Kromer rented the chairs from someone else (part of the complexes deal or something). So since he rented them he is liable for them.

Yolo made mention to it in the previous page.

Edited by The Wiz

a former nfl player who does a radio show here said he stayed on the same beach last week about 2 miles away from Kromer's house. He said that it's a policy that you have to pay to rent beach chairs on a weekly basis. So it sounds like these were Kromer's rented chairs and the neighbors were using them. Edited by YoloinOhio

my mistake as he was hired at oakland as assistant and was promoted later, and likewise chicago tripped me up with the change in title.

feel like you sidestepped the players listed....

Your point is valid. Some decent players. They still have a top 10 O-line the past 2 years, however.

Agree. Why would we want this guy here, um, to keep David Lee company?

The QB whisperer? No doubt.

Okay, this might be plausible. But if Kromer told Rapoport to use his comments anonymously, why make the tearful apology later? Seems he'd get emotional over what he thought were confidential comments going public versus comments he wanted made public.

Did the report state whether Kromer have incriminating marks on either of his hands?

He came clean because Rapaport also reported a team source saying the Bears had "buyer's remorse" in re-signing Cutler. He went on record that he wasn't the one who said THAT.

The guy doesn't "incriminating marks" on his hands--he left them on the kid's face, obviously.

Your point is valid. Some decent players. They still have a top 10 O-line the past 2 years, however.

The QB whisperer? No doubt.

He came clean because Rapaport also reported a team source saying the Bears had "buyer's remorse" in re-signing Cutler. He went on record that he wasn't the one who said THAT.

The guy doesn't "incriminating marks" on his hands--he left them on the kid's face, obviously.

Where do you get top 10? First Google hit was PFF, 15th last season. Not that 15th is bad. I was actually surprised it was that high. Chicago had a horrible OL for many years leading up to that.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/3/

Edited to add: Football Outsiders had them 15th in run and 18th in pass. Still, they had been horrible.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Edited by BarleyNY