Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely need to wait and see what the full story is but I think his 21 year old son's actions say a lot. "After Kromer returned to his residence, his son Zachery discussed the incident with the victims and helped try to find the fishing pole, according to the arrest report."

If the kids were being jerks and provoked dad, would son really stick around and do this?

This type of statement makes no sense to me. If the kids were acting obnoxious and screwing with Kromer, and he went off and hit one, there is more of a chance that the son would try and discuss it and help the kids out. The son could've known his dad lost his cool and was trying to smooth it over so maybe the cops weren't called.

Just setting an example for the nastiness he wants his players to be imbued with.

NFL O Line coach. Anything else need to be said? these guys are not college professors. they are fairly mean dudes. this the NFL, not Oxford. let the legal stuff play out. Not that Kromer should have done it, but can probably be sure the kid had it coming... don't mess with an NFL O Line coach, me thinks...

This type of statement makes no sense to me. If the kids were acting obnoxious and screwing with Kromer, and he went off and hit one, there is more of a chance that the son would try and discuss it and help the kids out. The son could've known his dad lost his cool and was trying to smooth it over so maybe the cops weren't called.

if that is the case,then the provoking was minimal at worst.

Walton County is the Destin, FL area of the state. Not all that far from Jacksonville. Not only were three of the six beach chairs covered by a tarp, but does anyone think that perhaps these punk losers were saying what a great coach Dave Marrone is, and Kromer just HAD to punch their faces and kill their families?

But if you just ignore all that, at least he's relentlessly negative about anything to do with the Bills.

JAX beach to Destin is about 4 1/2 hours or so on I-10. I have made that drive plenty of times. Not sure I would say "not all that far".

I wonder if the kids parents are all indignant and outraged, or if they are somewhat ashamed that their kids may have been acting like punks and should not have contributed to creating that situation. I will admit one of my sons had his time when he probably deserved this, but that's just me. (He's much better now, btw.) How they feel may go a long way to determining how this turns out.

Then the police didn't do their job (which is very possible). they should have weighed what kromer said. If kromer gave them enough reasonable story to justify what he did, they never should have arrested him.

i think VERY few, if any, are saying what he did was likely to be fully justified legally and/or morally. just that this image a hurricane kromer blowing in on these kids for no reason likely isnt accurate. like you said, if he set a "trap" it probably happened before too. whether they caused damage previously, or mouthed off that night, or both.... odds are theres some context that changes it from absolute crazy psychopath to run of the mill hot head that will plea down to just about nothing legally, and get some light to moderate league punishment (thats probably triple what he wouldve gotten from them 2-3 years ago even).

Walton County is the Destin, FL area of the state. Not all that far from Jacksonville. Not only were three of the six beach chairs covered by a tarp, but does anyone think that perhaps these punk losers were saying what a great coach Dave Marrone is, and Kromer just HAD to punch their faces and kill their families?

JAX beach to Destin is about 4 1/2 hours or so on I-10. I have made that drive plenty of times. Not sure I would say "not all that far".

im glad we can agree the rest was reasonable Edited by NoSaint

I think this kind of thinking jumps to huge conclusions.

If Kromers son is a decent person, there is every reason to believe that he would help the kids, even if the kids were punks and started it. Obviously his dad went off the handle even if the kids were 100% idiots. But chances are great that the kids did something really stupid, too, to provoke it. Guys don't just walk out and start swinging at teenagers and threaten or allegedly threaten to kill their family without provocation. Kromers kid probably knew his dad went overboard, it probably wasn't the first time he saw it, and then was trying to diffuse the two aggravated parties. And stop them from going further.

That doesn't at all mean the kids weren't responsible. Or didn't start it. Or weren't as bad as Kromer. We just don't know.

Everything I stated makes perfect sense and is the only reasonable way it could have happened. There's no way that Kromer's son sticks around to help the kids if they were aggressive verbally or physically at any point in the confrontation. Even if Kromer started it and the kids responded in kind there's no way he sticks around and there's no way his dad would have let him if he was in any danger. The "punk" assumption is pretty stupid as well. What are the odds a bunch of troublemaking punks are fishing with lines in the water? Yeah, they were just looking for trouble.

@TBNbucky: Column: Kromer not worth keeping around via @TheBuffaloNews http://t.co/1zSy2WmOd1

No way. Kromer is one of the best O-line coaches in the NFL, hand picked by one of the best OC's in the NFL, who can succeed with any QB, especially when joined with one of the best QB coaches in the game, whose track record of success speaks for itself.

i think VERY few, if any, are saying what he did was likely to be fully justified legally and/or morally. just that this image a hurricane kromer blowing in on these kids for no reason likely isnt accurate. like you said, if he set a "trap" it probably happened before too. whether they caused damage previously, or mouthed off that night, or both.... odds are theres some context that changes it from absolute crazy psychopath to run of the mill hot head that will plea down to just about nothing legally, and get some light to moderate league punishment (thats probably triple what he wouldve gotten from them 2-3 years ago even).

There is no in between. You're either a squeaky clean Eagle scout or you're a scumbag who needs his livelihood destroyed. There is no middle ground. Mercy is for the weak.

Everything I stated makes perfect sense and is the only reasonable way it could have happened. There's no way that Kromer's son sticks around to help the kids if they were aggressive verbally or physically at any point in the confrontation. Even if Kromer started it and the kids responded in kind there's no way he sticks around and there's no way his dad would have let him if he was in any danger. The "punk" assumption is pretty stupid as well. What are the odds a bunch of troublemaking punks are fishing with lines in the water? Yeah, they were just looking for trouble.

It's obvious you haven't been around lots of fights then. I've stayed around after a fight between a friend and some randoms just to cool things over after they have been separated.

There were 3 minors, it's quite possible that only one of them was in the altercation with Aaron Kromer, seeing as only one was punched. Maybe he was the tough guy, mouthing off etc. They get into a bit of a scuffle while the other 2 minors and Zach Kromer attempt to separate them. After the altercation it's completely possibly that the other 2 minors, who weren't punched or pushed, hung around with Zach Kromer.

That account of events also makes perfect sense and is completely reasonable.

Makes sense to me but we just don't know for sure. Kromer wanted to "catch" them using his beach chairs. For all we know the kids may have used them, returned them sloppily to where they found them but Kromer was a hothead about it. There are most definitely people who get pretty worked up about someone using their stuff, even if they use it respectfully. Kromer should have just brought them inside instead of leaving them near the beach access point. In the end, the whole situation was over a couple of stupid beach chairs that weren't being stolen or destroyed. Hope it was worth it to Kromer.

Maybe the kids were acting like punks, but it would have to be a pretty large degree and involve direct threats by them to exonerate Kromer, IMO.

I'm surprised Bucky Gleason, normally a rational writer, is advocating the knee-jerk firing of Kromer and the hiring of Morris.

Personally, I don't feel we know enough yet to call for the firing of Kromer. Sometimes the "other side of the story" makes a huge difference in our judgments and we haven't heard it yet.

And even if Kromer does indeed deserve termination - a distinct possibility - would Morris be the right choice? How did the OL perform last year?

I'm surprised Bucky Gleason, normally a rational writer, is advocating the knee-jerk firing of Kromer and the hiring of Morris.

Personally, I don't feel we know enough yet to call for the firing of Kromer. Sometimes the "other side of the story" makes a huge difference in our judgments and we haven't heard it yet.

And even if Kromer does indeed deserve termination - a distinct possibility - would Morris be the right choice? How did the OL perform last year?

I'm sorry, did you just use Bucky Gleason and rational in the same sentence?

:bag:

Maybe the kids were acting like punks, but it would have to be a pretty large degree and involve direct threats by them to exonerate Kromer, IMO.

who is really trying to do that though? i think that 99% of the "slow down" crowd is simply saying that he was probably an idiot but pitchforks and torches can also probably be saved for another day.