Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

FWIW, this is what this guy wrote in the comments to the Alex Marvez article:

Chris Sutter Kampfer

I have lived around this area for over 20 years. That part of the beach is pitch black at night. This will turn out to be high school kids. Walton and Okaloosa countys both have a problem with kids on the beach at night drinking, drugs and sex.

Speaking of things "coming out"? What if the three kids were engaged in drinking, drugs, and gay sex?

Oh how the worm would turn!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no sides. I'm the biggest Bills homer. he made a terrible decision. He's a 50 year old man and these were teens. Bottomline you can call the police. If I was a decision maker for the Bills he would be fired already period.

What does that matter? Hate to break it to you, but there are 16 year old kids who could beat you to a pulp, and I don't need to know what you look like to say that.

Whichever way people want to paint this it is bad news. This is the time in the NFL news cycle where the only good news is no news. The guy is an excellent line coach and he was a big reason why I was optimistic about our line play being a lot better. Whether this ends up being something or nothing it is an unhelpful distraction in the run up to camp and it gives the media another set of unwanted questions to throw at the organisation and Rex when camp opens. What Kromer needs to be doing is focusing on his job not worrying about the press furore.

As to what should happen to him - I think we have to let this play out. I really hope that Kromer's version of events is different. If he has genuinely punched a minor in the face and threatened to kill his family then I think the Bills will probably have to terminate his contract. I really hope this is a mountain out of a molehill though.

There are so many variables in this situation so I do think the rush to judgment is a little over the top, like others have pointed out, "teens" can be monster sized these days, and IF it was dark, who knows how any of us would react. It's so easy to sit here and judge with one side of the story, but I'd be willing to venture there is a lot more that we may never find out about. If Kromer is the kind of guy to punch a teenager over lawn chairs, then yeah he should be fired. However, when have people really known 3 teenagers to not tell a lie to get themselves out of trouble? A good many of you have kids and I'm sure your kids have not always been forthcoming and honest every second of the day. It's easy to pass judgment sitting at home reading a report, but think about the times we lied as kids, your kids have lied to you etc. If Kromer felt threatened, then there is the chance it is justified. Like someone else said, what if the teens were all standing 6'0 to 6'5 weighing 200-250 pounds? It's a variable that can't be ignored. And as someone else mentioned if the kids were 5'2 and 120 then yeah Kromer has issues.

The reality is it doesn't matter but easy to say when not in the heat of the moment. You have to as an adult know to call the police, and let them handle it. The only justification is if these teens were physically threatening him and had to defend himself. It doesn't matter if they were punks, mouthed off, or whatever.

You just can't do it. I know it's tough as I've faced it where soem punk kids are mouthing off, etc.

I could envision a scenario where Kroner tosses the kid's rod in the water, kid charges him thinking his buddies have his back, Kroner drops him, and his friends don't do ****.

If I can envision it then that's what happened.

FTR, Absolutely zero !@#$s given about anything he SAID after the fact. Zero.

I could envision a scenario where Kroner tosses the kid's rod in the water, kid charges him thinking his buddies have his back, Kroner drops him, and his friends don't do ****.

If I can envision it then that's what happened.

FTR, Absolutely zero !@#$s given about anything he SAID after the fact. Zero.

I think this is probably close to what happened.

I live in Florida on the coast, and from what I understand about the local kids, especially the ones who love fishing, messing with someone's fishing rod is NOT a smart thing to do. They're really expensive and many of these people take fishing very seriously. I had a young coworker about 5 years ago who would get up at 4 am on Saturdays and some Sundays to fish all day after working a 50-60 hour week.

I could see a (possibly inebriated?) Kromer asking for his chairs back, or demanding them back, then catching some lip from the kids. He says, "Okay, you want to f*** with my things, I'll f*** with yours." Grabs one of the rods and throws it in the water. Fight ensues.

Edited by ko12010

It sounds horrible but he's innocent until proven otherwise.

False accusations are hardly uncommon.

Surely something happened and it's a shame that Kromer wasn't wise and talented enough to avoid an incident.

But exactly what happened? We only know one side of the story. But if Kromer really punched this kid, and it wasn't self-defense, he needs to go. Coaches need to role models and ought to be held to a higher standard than the players.

Edited by hondo in seattle

He threatened to kill his family if he went to the cops. Allegedly.

It's another thing that lacks context. If he's holding the kid by the throat and slowly and calmly threatens to kill his family, it's a lot different than shouting "I'll kill your whole family" as they're running off, and there's a whole lot of room in between.

It would have to be really really close to the former for me to take it seriously.

Edited by Rob's House

Sorry to ask this guys but I dont have the time to read through 19 pages

Can someone post a quick coles notes version of the events that happened?

How old was the kid?

What exactly happened?

CBF

Facts thus far:

Aaron Kromer was arrested for battery with intent to harm.

Alleged events:

Kromer confronts 3 minors over beach chairs.

Kromer goes off the rails throws fishing poles in water.

Kromer punches one of the minors in the face.

Kromer says "I'll kill your family if you tell the police".

All of the alleged events have come from the 3 minors.

Facts thus far:

Alleged events:

Wow

OK thanks!

CBF

Facts thus far:

Alleged events:

Other things

Kromer was with his college age son at the time of the incident

Kromer will claim self defense (claims victims were belligerent and he had trouble seeing in the dark)

Inferred

Confrontation likely occurred at night but before the 1 AM arrest

Edited by YattaOkasan