Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

Everybody wants to be "patient" when it's one of their own, yet want them burnt at the stake when it's somebody else.

Hypocrisy everywhere in this thread, especially with all the schadenfreude at other teams and players throughout this forum.

So people are hypocrites. If Kromer was related to you, you'd want to be patient as well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a pattern, at least not of violence. And again it was likely told to Rapoport in confidence and obviously he was going to deny it, even though he said it and it's true.

My impression was that the two are friendly beyond the job and he said something in a 1 on 1 talk a few hours after a game that would be fine between friends but was obviously poor choice between professionals. It didn't strike me as intentional or malicious as much as just blurred boundaries and not censoring well in casual conversation (that being from simply reading a few well written articles). I don't think it was "in confidence" but I don't think he was trying to send a message either.

Everybody wants to be "patient" when it's one of their own, yet want them burnt at the stake when it's somebody else.

Hypocrisy everywhere in this thread, especially with all the schadenfreude at other teams and players throughout this forum.

Knowing a lot of the regulars in here, it's pretty consistent from a lot of the individuals.

Edited by NoSaint

Not someone I want affiliated with the Bills.

Agree completely with last sentence - someone like JoeF who has declared guy guilty first day without even hearing a word of his side of story, a story probably NOT being told not yet because Bills and/or agent have probably told him that it will be lost in press/twitter feeding frenzy first day. No matter how much you try to get story out right now it is useless for there are those who are in "media" who know bad news sells better than measured news. Journalism is dead for the overreactions and inflammatory statements get no consequences.

My impression was that the two are friendly beyond the job and he said something in a 1 on 1 talk a few hours after a game that would be fine between friends but was obviously poor choice between professionals. It didn't strike me as intentional or malicious as much as just blurred boundaries and not censoring well in casual conversation (that being from simply reading a few well written articles). I don't think it was "in confidence" but I don't think he was trying to send a message either.

I have no doubt he didn't mean to send a message, but that what he said was the truth and what the organization felt and Rapoport printed it against his wishes.

Agree completely with last sentence - someone like JoeF who has declared guy guilty first day without even hearing a word of his side of story, a story probably NOT being told not yet because Bills and/or agent have probably told him that it will be lost in press/twitter feeding frenzy first day. No matter how much you try to get story out right now it is useless for there are those who are in "media" who know bad news sells better than measured news. Journalism is dead for the overreactions and inflammatory statements get no consequences.

are you suggesting patience in this matter?

The guy's an idiot.

WHOA! Isn't this a matter best left for DC Tom to decide?

are you suggesting patience in this matter?

Yes. Let's wait to see if the victim's family is murdered first. If Kromer isn't a man of his word, I don't want him working for the Bills. It would be an embarrassment.

A lot of folks are painting a situation where he is innocent..or waiting for his side of the story.

Kromer either lawyered up or told his side of the story to the arresting officer. The arresting officer decided to arrest a 48 year old white professional. This isn't fricking Rodney King. Kromer would get every benefit of the doubt from the cops. A wealthy homeowner in an exclusive beach community. They saw enough to arrest him even when the protocol would likely say not to.

See this for what it is. The same coach who 7 months ago threw his QB under the bus as an Offensive Coordinator made a really bad decision, no matter what the "true" strory, with a bunch of make teenagers. He had other logical choices -- like calling the cops himself but he chose to verbally confront the 16 year olds and likely did get physical.

What you say could quite well be true.

Why do people make assumptions when they know nothing?

Because in the wonderful internet world, everyone has an opinion that can be shared and essentially no consequences for doing so. Extremely annoying, but will never not be the case.

Why do people make assumptions when they know nothing?

Its interesting to me, that the internet exposes the mentality and morals and ethics of some folks. whether intentional or not.

Because if they knew anything, they wouldn't have to make assumptions.

ergo; some people spend their whole lives making assumptions?

This team is unraveling before camp. Kromer is toxic. Rex' and Roman's judgement will be called into question.

Pegula's do not like bad publicity. Wait till Richie steps in some dog do do.

I don't know about unraveling, but I do think Pegs will be quick to lower the boom on Kromer if there's any substance to the charge, much to the chagrin of some of the bleeding hearts around here.

@ProFootballTalk: Aaron Kromer apparently will claim self-defense, sort of http://t.co/WsYdIrON9z

Well, isn't that a piece of journalistic crap! I don't know what happened, but neither does Florio. I, at least, know better than to pretend I know. I hope this tale turns as much for Kromer and the Bills as I do to see Florio twist in the wind. Even if he's right, he's wrong to go about it that way. He loses, period.