Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again - the ONLY judgment I'm making is based upon Kiper's Hair's inside info that EJ is being shopped by the front office. KH has scooped things like this in the past. It's perfectly legitimate for some of us to draw inferences from that rumor and to be concerned about what it must mean that the FO has concluded about EJ. If the team has started to give up on him, it's fair for some of the fans to be doing the same. Some of the responses to those views have been downright condescending. There are several posters who love to tell everyone when it is, and isn't time to panic (like the one with the lion as his avatar), every year. Those posters berate fans all offseason for expressing concerns and "snap" judgments, and then announce in mid-October that it's now ok to be upset and critical. Yet the skeptical fan has been right for 15 years straight... everyone needs to lighten up. We all want the Bills to succeed. Even Joe B. Even Bills Vet. Maybe not WEO. But the rest of us do.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Joe had a cup of coffee at FSU. He graduated from a local (WNY) college. But yes, it's clear he didn't like EJ at FSU and his bias consistently carries over to his analysis of EJ as a Bill.

I always assumed he graduated from FSU he talks about going there so much...

Interesting...I stand corrected...

When I googled his name this was one of the first links that came up... :lol:

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-sans-progress-ej-may-be-done-in-buffalo

Again - the ONLY judgment I'm making is based upon Kiper's Hair's inside info that EJ is being shopped by the front office. KH has scooped things like this in the past. It's perfectly legitimate for some of us to draw inferences from that rumor and to be concerned about what it must mean that the FO has concluded about EJ. If the team has started to give up on him, it's fair for some of the fans to be doing the same. Some of the responses to those views have been downright condescending. There are several posters who love to tell everyone when it is, and isn't time to panic (like the one with the lion as his avatar), every year. Those posters berate fans all offseason for expressing concerns and "snap" judgments, and then announce in mid-October that it's now ok to be upset and critical. Yet the skeptical fan has been right for 15 years straight... everyone needs to lighten up. We all want the Bills to succeed. Even Joe B. Even Bills Vet. Maybe not WEO. But the rest of us do.

I think it's perfectly fine for fans to believe that EJ is done (I realize you probably aren't referring to me here). My only beef is when people start saying that it's anything other than their own opinion or start playing the "EJ sucks, has never done anything well, can't play in the NFL, and if you don't see that you're crazy" card. Personally, I put the chances at EJ becoming the guy at about 25% right now. Not sure if that qualifies as giving up on him or not; it's just how I feel.

And you don't see anything wrong with that?

I mean no disrespect to KH, who apparently has a record for having the hot scoop, bit the idea of basing everything on a single unconfirmed source sounds a little crazy.

I was at TC tonight. Some thoughts...

EJ looked very good tonight. I'm not sure where he stands in the pecking order, but he is clearly the best "thrower" of the lot. He made several very good long throws tonight. That one that was dropped by Thigpen was a shame.

Tyrod was okay. He made some good throws and some terrible throws. Perhaps Cassell and Simms were so bad it made him look decent by contrast.

Cassell throws like a girl...I'm sorry. His deep throws are wobbly and float. No...just please no.

Simms was bad. I have nothing to say about him because he was so forgettable.

No quarterback...I repeat...no quarterback had much success against the first defense. They are just scary. In fact, during that Taylor to Watkins long TD that everyone is gushing about, Kyle Williams beat his guy immediately and would definitely have sacked him. Kyle literally stood there for 1.5 seconds before Tyrod threw the ball.

Sammy did some things out there that made my jaw drop. This is the first time I have seen him live, and I was amazed at his talent. Clearly the most talented player on the football field. He had his way with Gilmore too.

Ronald Darby was also very, very impressive. I don't think there was a single time where he was beat. I will say, however, that he might be a little too physical after 5 yards. He is going to have to clean up the bumping and hand fighting.

Where is Charles Clay? He looks good in those Bills colors out there, but I'd like to see him make some plays.

It was tough to judge the offensive line, although I will say that Wood seemed to be the weak link. A lot of pressure up the middle. Kujo got beat badly by Mario early in practice, but tightened his game up and looked good after that. I keyed in on Incognito a lot and he was just destroying people out there. He plays angry.

Percy Harvin was invisible, Woods was all over the place making catches, and Thigpen (other than the drop) seemed to have a good night.

Finally, Bryce Brown fumbled....yes. Otherwise, he ran the ball very effectively. I guess that just is who he is. Karlos Wiliams impressed me. He runs very decisively, hits the hole quick and hard, and seems very fast.

It was tough to get autographs tonight because there were so many people. Thank you to Ty Powell and Tony Steward for signing my son's football. We were behind like 3 rows of people, and both took a lot of time to sign for just about everyone.

Go Bills!!!

No disrespect to the QB guys but damn man you got me excited. Talking about the line... and anyone who knows what I like... Defense!!!!! I was one of the earliest bring back incognito guys. And now that he is here im over the moon. Who was he eating... do you remember? I am also curious about Miller. Did he show you anything? Wood is a bit of a non story because as i said earlier... he is a legend and a myth. His name supersedes his actual contribution. How does Powell look? Any one know if he is starter material? Has Tony Stewart done anything?

And you don't see anything wrong with that?

I mean no disrespect to KH, who apparently has a record for having the hot scoop, bit the idea of basing everything on a single unconfirmed source sounds a little crazy.

Assuming he has a source in the front office of some team, do you expect that source to go on the record for something like this and get canned? :)

Shopped for what? The only hole on this roster is at QB -- what delusional front office executive thinks he could get a better option at QB than EJ for EJ in a trade? A draft pick (that wouldn't be higher than a 4th) is surely not worth it.

It's really a ludicrous premise (in my opinion).

I have a dumb question about training camp: Are players expected to stay on campus for the entire camp? Are they allowed to "go to town" on off days? What's the rule?

Sounds like EJ has been sharp tonight

They stay but there are certain days that they are allowed to leave.

You do see them in Pittsford at restaurants and bars on occasion. Not just off days. I think evenings are theirs on days with no night practice.

Assuming he has a source in the front office of some team, do you expect that source to go on the record for something like this and get canned? :)

No.

Then again, I'm not the one basing the entirety of my opinion on it. It's certainly a factor, but I have yesterday's practice in the mix as well, along with reports that we don't have any immediate winner at the position.

Shopped for what? The only hole on this roster is at QB -- what delusional front office executive thinks he could get a better option at QB than EJ for EJ in a trade? A draft pick (that wouldn't be higher than a 4th) is surely not worth it.

This is exactly what I've been thinking.

If they are shopping him, it's gotta be in a package in order to get a high-ish draft pick, so they have the ammo to move up in the first round next year. If they've given up on EJ, then they must have their eye on another 1st round QB.

It was tough to get autographs tonight because there were so many people. Thank you to Ty Powell and Tony Steward for signing my son's football. We were behind like 3 rows of people, and both took a lot of time to sign for just about everyone.

My kids were on the first bus so got there pretty early. Rex was giving an interview outside for TV of some kind. My one son ended up getting his autograph then. In all the years they have been going to camp, and the hundreds of autographs they have gotten, I think Rex is the only one you can actually read his handwriting :)

Thaaaaank you. Good point.

Edit: Like the GOAT said, a package would be the only thing I could see making this make sense but I can't imagine who else they'd ship...lets start a new thread where everyone guesses the EJ package!

Edited by Hot Buffalo Wings

What team would give us anything but a low round pick for EJ? We may be lucky if we're even offered that. The basic question is what has he ever done, besides play well in one post-season college game, that would make him attractive (for a draft pick) to a team that wants to upgrade at back-up? I hope he has an excellent camp but I remain "from Missouri" on EJ.

I like Joe B...I really do...

But...

Joe B is a FSU Grad who has been anti-EJ from before the Bills Drafted him...He's just another one of the many who are completely and totally ignoring the fact that no one ever said EJ would be an overnight success...He's also another who has, at least at times, been stupidly critical of EJ...But he has plenty of company... B-)

I totally agree with you.

People are WAY too quick in their assessment of QBs. It takes time. It is the toughest position to play.

I have not given up on EJ. Even if he ends up not starting this year, I have no problem with the Bills continuing to develop him.

Joe had a cup of coffee at FSU. He graduated from a local (WNY) college. But yes, it's clear he didn't like EJ at FSU and his bias consistently carries over to his analysis of EJ as a Bill.

Joe B consistently demonstrates either 1.) a clear and present inclination toward trolling EJ and/or the fans or 2.) a fundamental lack of knowledge.

That latter of which he was called out on--pretty severely--last year during the pregame show with Kelso. I'll be damned if I can remember what the topic was, but Kelso undressed him something fierce. He seemed almost personal.

A fourth round pick can become a lot more than a fourth round pick if it is bundled with other picks to move up in the 2016 draft. If they are considering EJ as trade value, his value isn't going to go up between now and then, especially if they consider him third on the depth chart. (Not saying they do, just conjecturing.) And, if Cassel ends up starting, I wouldn't be surprised by the FO looking to stack up draft picks for 2016.