Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have traded for Carson Palmer. I'm wondering why we didn't do that. Arizona got him for a 6th and a conditional 2014 pick.

He's thriving in AZ due to great coaching and a big playbook. Which is why I'm excited about our coaching staff.

Maybe Cassel can thrive this year.

Edited by Hot Buffalo Wings

Yes it was, He picked him too soon and didn't draft ANY other QBs in the process.

Trade back... pick the guy you wanted... acquire a pick that we took Wood/Alonso. So we got at worst Lesean McCoy and Rob Woods out of it? Someone was gonna get picked. We wanted a qb. And it was the worst QB draft. I get that. But not keeping fitz was the greater crime. Kolb and Cassel and Orton set us back just as much if not more than EJ does.

But how does all this work with the pending Dareus deal and the cap space we DONT have. Is cherilus worth it? Honest question.

we have cap space this year. I assume he would only get a one year deal. I don't know how much he will cost. But they had him in for a visit, so they must know. I doubt either the bills or Detroit offered him a ton because he's still "thinking'

That's good to hear about Henderson, but didn't reports from last year say he looked good? I remember him getting first-team reps right away and the media was generally writing favorable reports on him.

Then he ended up having a below-average year. There were certainly other variables, such as coaching and surrounding talent, that could've made him look worse than he was.

For a guy who was not even a lock to make the team. What was so bad about his year? I know i know Marrone said he had 15 good games but was he Pears level bad? I was encouraged. A full off season full minicamp training regiment. He can only get better. No?

For a guy who was not even a lock to make the team. What was so bad about his year? I know i know Marrone said he had 15 good games but was he Pears level bad? I was encouraged. A full off season full minicamp training regiment. He can only get better. No?

He was Pears-level bad, at least in pass pro, but Pears himself contributed to that...

I have no idea if he'll get better. I don't think it's a certainty.

They are four practices in and - by most accounts - EJ has looked the best in 2 of them. It's no more likely that he doesn't win the job now than it was since they traded for Cassel and signed Tyrod. Not sure what you're even talking about. The moment there was an open competition there was a real possibility EJ didn't win the job.

I disagree; when a guy like Rex comes in and says it will be an open competition, then one or more of the 3 takes that message as an opportunity to elevate his game. Competition should ideally bring to the best; we shall see.

And what's the point of anointing a starter in July when you don't have a blue chip, bona fide runaway?

We should have traded for Carson Palmer. I'm wondering why we didn't do that. Arizona got him for a 6th and a conditional 2014 pick.

He's thriving in AZ due to great coaching and a big playbook. Which is why I'm excited about our coaching staff.

Maybe Cassel can thrive this year.

When? Palmer suffered serious knee injury last season. Explain how Carson Palmer is thriving, please.

I think that while Cassel is never going to make anyone's fantasy team or wow anyone, he will look better in games where a game plan is in place than in timing reps and drills.

I actually won a Fantasy League with Cassel as my QB when he replaced Brady, who I had used my 1st round pick on. LOL!