Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

Shopped for what? The only hole on this roster is at QB -- what delusional front office executive thinks he could get a better option at QB than EJ for EJ in a trade? A draft pick (that wouldn't be higher than a 4th) is surely not worth it.

It's really a ludicrous premise (in my opinion).

Stop berating fans for panicking...over football.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaaaaank you. Good point.

Edit: Like the GOAT said, a package would be the only thing I could see making this make sense but I can't imagine who else they'd ship...lets start a new thread where everyone guesses the EJ package!

I think, speaking from a purely business perspective, they'd have to package him with a proven defensive player to possibly get a 1-3 round draft pick. Those guys include Kyle, Mario, Bradham, Graham, and McKelvin (pending physical). I think the likely guy would be Bradham. He's still young and will be a FA in 2016. From a fan perspective, I don't want to see any of those guys go because I like the depth on D. A franchise QB would change my mind quickly, though.

Who's looking for an upgrade at backup QB and a good LB? Detroit? Giants? Arizona? Colts? I'm shooting from the hip on those guesses, so I could be way off. This is my line of thinking, though.

There is a good chance that the front office is quietly shopping its third-year (rookie) QB with no credible alternative on the roster, and with an otherwise playoff-capable team. But you go ahead and let us know when we're allowed to be concerned, Cat.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

There is a good chance that the front office is quietly shopping its third-year (rookie) QB with no credible alternative on the roster, and with an otherwise playoff-capable team. But you go ahead and let us know when we're allowed to be concerned, Cat.

A good chance? Or merely someone's speculation? I've lost interest in the "inside information" crowd after seeing some of the junk posted around here.

The whole reason we are football fans is so that we can follow something essentially trivial, as if it were truly important, so that we can then ignore the truly important horrors of the world that surrounds us. Or something like that...

Shopped for what? The only hole on this roster is at QB -- what delusional front office executive thinks he could get a better option at QB than EJ for EJ in a trade? A draft pick (that wouldn't be higher than a 4th) is surely not worth it.

It's really a ludicrous premise (in my opinion).

I would like to know which people in the Bills FO have given up on EJ, and exactly why!

Me personally, I have great difficulty in giving up on a first round pick after two years that was supposed to be a project at QB, and especially after him starting in only 14 regular season games. Then considering his lack of a solid line around him, bad coaches / schemes. Then no vet QB or QB coach his first year.

No disrespect to the QB guys but damn man you got me excited. Talking about the line... and anyone who knows what I like... Defense!!!!! I was one of the earliest bring back incognito guys. And now that he is here im over the moon.

Who was he eating... do you remember?

I am also curious about Miller. Did he show you anything? Wood is a bit of a non story because as i said earlier... he is a legend and a myth. His name supersedes his actual contribution. How does Powell look? Any one know if he is starter material? Has Tony Stewart done anything?

I honestly don't recall specifically. I just remember him doing well against Kyle Williams a couple times I peaked his way. On running plays is where RI is the most fun to watch, IMO. He absolutely crushes linebackers. No regard for his personal well being...haha.

Honestly, the first team offensive line all looked pretty solid. The defensive line got their pressures, but that is to be expected.

As I posted earlier, Cyrus was beaten very badly by Mario during the first 11-11 series (the QB would have been murdered). Immediately following that play, Cyrus was pulled in favor of Henderson who had a very solid evening. Cyrus returned and also looked very, very solid for the rest of the practice. I've never seen a human that large move that quickly. We really have a battle going on at RT.

I think, speaking from a purely business perspective, they'd have to package him with a proven defensive player to possibly get a 1-3 round draft pick. Those guys include Kyle, Mario, Bradham, Graham, and McKelvin (pending physical). I think the likely guy would be Bradham. He's still young and will be a FA in 2016. From a fan perspective, I don't want to see any of those guys go because I like the depth on D. A franchise QB would change my mind quickly, though.

Who's looking for an upgrade at backup QB and a good LB? Detroit? Giants? Arizona? Colts? I'm shooting from the hip on those guesses, so I could be way off. This is my line of thinking, though.

I was also thinking Bradham.

I would like to know which people in the Bills FO have given up on EJ, and exactly why!

Me personally, I have great difficulty in giving up on a first round pick after two years that was supposed to be a project at QB, and especially after him starting in only 14 regular season games. Then considering his lack of a solid line around him, bad coaches / schemes. Then no vet QB or QB coach his first year.

Because someone posted in this thread that it would happen.

Ok that's a less than complete description. Kiper's Hair is apparently clued in and he heard a rumor. Still, this seems like a disproportionate amount of faith.

I think we should do a new thread for each day, 60+ pages is kind of a pain in the ass, especially if you come in in the late afternoon and just want to check out today's happenings.

I believe there was a different thread for each day, but they were all merged on day 3.

I think we should do a new thread for each day, 60+ pages is kind of a pain in the ass, especially if you come in in the late afternoon and just want to check out today's happenings.

Was at last better when they were posting where each day starts (i.e. Page 59!)

I believe there was a different thread for each day, but they were all merged on day 3.

Nope. Same thread.

Was at last better when they were posting where each day starts (i.e. Page 59!)

Forgot to list the page start for day 4. I'll start a new thread for week two that begins on Friday.

OK....THIS is why on this board we like to take stock in reports from our distinguished members.

Right now Joe B has this play down as "the play of the camp" which is helping to fuel the TT hype machine. It's good to hear the whole story.

It's scary to hear that Wood might be the weak link. He's been so good for so long.

Has he really been?

at one point yesterday, I advocated trading for Colt McCoy. It was a self-imposed 24-hour penalty.

Lol did you! !! Aww yes. I hope you had enough time to think lol