Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is dismantling a team "taking advantage of the rules?" Why is gutting a team to build a new one bad? Why does an owner/GM have to work with the last 20 years culture/system/and talent pipeline. Why can't a team build new.

Where did they "tank" on ice and cheat like the Pats* did?

You wanna tear your house down and sleep in the rain while the new one is being built... That's your choice.

I'm not saying I'm anti-tank by any means. However, I can see the point where it wouldn't be the most honorable thing to do. And even from the standpoint that tanking is immoral, it's not as bad as cheating.

I'm not saying I'm anti-tank by any means. However, I can see the point where it wouldn't be the most honorable thing to do. And even from the standpoint that tanking is immoral, it's not as bad as cheating.

How is it not honorable... Those assembly of schmoes on the ice were trying to win... They just couldn't. Now, doing what the Pats* did and cheating on field is dishonorable.

The plan was to get rid of the players that he didn't want to build around = losing. Nolan was hell bent on winning and did everything in his power not to lose.

You gotta break the eggs to make an omelette!

How is it not honorable... Those assembly of schmoes on the ice were trying to win... They just couldn't. Now, doing what the Pats* did and cheating on field is dishonorable.

The plan was to get rid of the players that he didn't want to build around = losing. Nolan was hell bent on winning and did everything in his power not to lose.

You gotta break the eggs to make an omelette!

I agree 100%. You gotta break something down to build it back up. I'm not saying that it's wrong to tank.

But what I'm saying, is that even those who think tanking is wrong, the ones who aren't trolls at least, wouldn't think it's as bad, or worse than cheating.

They can trade their other forwards from previous years. ??

I would. They draft the same kind of player 1st all the time. Offensively skilled forwards which is great but no power forward guys. No top level dmen and almost never decent goal tending. Not sure if this is the year is the time to trade your #1 pick but they probably should have before. WHy they felt they needed Yakopov Ill never know. IMHO they are the have the worst management in the league and rewarded with #1 overall again.

I'm not really angry with the team (though, it really is lame), it's the double standard fans that tick me off.

you are so right, a team that tried their best to every game while their fans wished for the worst is so much worse than anything the patriots organization has done. I don't see why more people don't understand this.

you are so right, a team that tried their best to every game while their fans wished for the worst is so much worse than anything the patriots organization has done. I don't see why more people don't understand this.

Exactly! Other than that one, two, three times they were caught cheating, as well as current players being convicted of murder, what have the Patriots* ever really done?

Most teams, particularly in the NHL, go through a "blow it up to rebuild it" every so often. Football teams do, to varying effectiveness (Bills have been doing it for 15 years, for example). Basketball, I don't know - I don't watch it, as the NBA sucks. Baseball's the only sport I can think of that doesn't have that practice...because they don't have a salary cap, so the Yankees can go out and buy talent without sucking for a couple seasons.

HOF Watkins is the first moron I've ever seen call "rebuilding" cheating.

@TheHockeyNews

The Sabres with Jack Eichel still have a brighter future than Connor McDavid's Oilers, @THNMattLarkin says: http://bit.ly/1F8TMUg

Eichel, Reinhart, Girgs up the middle with Kane, Ennis, Moulson, Grigorenko, Larsson et al? Decent start to this whole true rebuild thing. Not to mention my guy Risto. Edited by YoloinOhio

4-21: BU COACH DAVID QUINN SAYS JACK EICHEL IS READY FOR THE NHL (13:25)

@WGR550

Boston University coach David Quinn on WGR to talk Jack Eichel

Quinn: "(Jack Eichel) can certainly play in the NHL next year"

Quinn: "Jack is so competitive. People watch and see his skill, but what allows him to be a great player is that he's so competitive"