Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying to help, and you guys don't seem to have any practical ideas on how to stop this team.

I'm actually not that upset about the tank, but I think it's way worse that letting some air out of the football.

Basically, I think you guys have a ridiculous double standard for your own teams.

The Sabres had to trade off assets to get this bad. They are losing something in the process of rebuilding, but are hoping it will pay off. They are also having multiple losing seasons as a result, which no one really likes.

You compare that to cheating? Really?

Ok, lost to Islanders. Now where do we stand?

Looks like 3 games left for us. 2 points down on Arizona still. I think at this point, multiple point wins or winning out is the only way the Sabres lose 30th.

Edited by What a Tuel

The Sabres had to trade off assets to get this bad. They are losing something in the process of rebuilding, but are hoping it will pay off. They are also having multiple losing seasons as a result, which no one really likes.

You compare that to cheating? Really?

Looks like 3 games left for us. 2 points down on Arizona still. I think at this point, multiple point wins or winning out is the only way the Sabres lose 30th.

Not really comparing...it's way worse. Yep, an organization colluding to lose games for an entire season is WAY worse than an organization pushing the rules in order to win. I have mountains more respect for the Pats organization, than for the Sabres. I'm pretty sure most of the world does too, if only because the Sabres are practically invisible to the common earthling, but the Brady/Belichick Pats are world renowned.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Not really comparing...it's way worse. Yep, an organization colluding to lose games for an entire season is WAY worse than an organization pushing the rules in order to win. I have mountains more respect for the Pats organization, than for the Sabres. I'm pretty sure most of the world does too, if only because the Sabres are practically invisible to the common earthling, but the Brady/Belichick Pats are world renowned.

I'm late to the party in this thread but are you "fo' ree-all"??

well, as the saying goes....There's not much left in the tank!

Starting this off-season, we can put these 2 miserable season's behind us and start to put together a winning team. I am excited about the future and really couldn't care less about these anti-tank preachers. Hopefully the Yotes can get a point or 2 tonight and make it a little less stressful the rest of the way...

Just got back home after watching the Sabres lose in the Coliseum and I notice that the Yotes are up 2-1 in the second. So far so good tonight.

3-1 Yotes...

well that was short lived...3-2 2nd INT.

Edited by ricojes

Did you see that late delay of game by Arizona with like 2 min left? I'm sorry that was blatant, they have a few players on that team trying to out-tank us.

Didn't "see" it but watched the clock tick on NHL.com gamecast..... #tankobsession

Please explain to me how the organization is "colluding to lose games", and using specific examples, explain why you think what they are doing in those examples is wrong.

Also in their history the Sabres have been to the post season 29 times. Admittedly no championships.

Patriots have went to the post season 22 times with 10 more years to do it. Won championships, but only in the Belichick/Brady cheating era.

But go ahead, you can "respect" whoever you want. :lol: I disagree.

Please explain to me how the organization is "colluding to lose games", and using specific examples, explain why you think what they are doing in those examples is wrong.

Also in their history the Sabres have been to the post season 29 times. Admittedly no championships.

Patriots have went to the post season 22 times with 10 more years to do it. Won championships, but only in the Belichick/Brady cheating era.

But go ahead, you can "respect" whoever you want. :lol: I disagree.

The NFL has 32 teams and 12 playoff berths. 8 Division champs and 4 Wild Card berths

The NHL has 30 teams and 16 playoff berths. 4 Division champs and 12 Wild Card berths

An NHL team is more likely to make the playoffs than not

The NFL has 32 teams and 12 playoff berths. 8 Division champs and 4 Wild Card berths

The NHL has 30 teams and 16 playoff berths. 4 Division champs and 12 Wild Card berths

An NHL team is more likely to make the playoffs than not

While this is true, the Patriots still had 10 more years as well.

Straight NHL Playoff odds 53.33%, Sabres made it 67.44% of the time since 1970.

Straight NFL Playoff odds 37.50%, Patriots made it 40% of the time since 1960.

Those are rough odds since both the NHL and NFL had fewer teams in the early years, but this really isn't the point though, it was comparing apples to oranges from the start.

The point was that people have much more respect for the Patriots organization than the Sabres. The Sabres have been plenty successful in their own right, so no I don't think that is true. The Patriots have been riddled with scandels on cheating, and have not won anything since they were caught cheating, and were involved with yet not one, but two scandels for cheating on their most recent run.

I'll wait for his specific examples of the Sabres wrongdoing before I pronounce the Sabres organization as "worse" than the Patriots Organization.

Edited by What a Tuel

While this is true, the Patriots still had 10 more years as well.

Straight NHL Playoff odds 53.33%, Sabres made it 67.44% of the time since 1970.

Straight NFL Playoff odds 37.50%, Patriots made it 40% of the time since 1960.

Those are rough odds since both the NHL and NFL had fewer teams in the early years, but this really isn't the point though, it was comparing apples to oranges from the start.

Yes it's apples to oranges, but not because of the number of teams. It's how playoff berths are awarded

Both leagues award division titles with a playoff berth. However the NHL awards more Wild Card berths than the NFL. The NFL awards 2 Wild Cards among 12 teams (16%). The NHL Eastern Conference awards 6 Wild Cards among 14 teams (42%). The NHL Western Conference 6 among 12 (50%).

Granted the numbers shift over time based on the number of teams in each league. But historically the odds of making the NHL playoffs are higher than the NFL playoffs

Losing is the only way to obtain these types of players as you can rarely buy another teams franchise players, Crosby and Kane aint walking through the door anytime soon.

When we win multiple Cups NO ONE is going to feel bad about how we got McEichel.

Losing is the only way to obtain these types of players as you can rarely buy another teams franchise players, Crosby and Kane aint walking through the door anytime soon.

When we win multiple Cups NO ONE is going to feel bad about how we got McEichel.

just ignore him

Yes it's apples to oranges, but not because of the number of teams. It's how playoff berths are awarded

Both leagues award division titles with a playoff berth. However the NHL awards more Wild Card berths than the NFL. The NFL awards 2 Wild Cards among 12 teams (16%). The NHL Eastern Conference awards 6 Wild Cards among 14 teams (42%). The NHL Western Conference 6 among 12 (50%).

Granted the numbers shift over time based on the number of teams in each league. But historically the odds of making the NHL playoffs are higher than the NFL playoffs

The top three teams in each division get automatic playoff berths. Then 2 wild cards are awarded out of the remaining top (10 in the East, 8 in the West) teams in the overall conference for 20% chance for a wildcard.

For example the East

Metropolitan

M1 New York Rangers

M2 New York Islanders

M3 Washington

Atlantic

A1 Montreal

A2 Tampa Bay

A3 Detroit

Wildcards

W1 Pittsburgh

W2 Boston

If you wanted to get real technical, the Patriots have a 25% chance to win their division plus a 16% chance to win a wildcard for a total 41% chance to make the playoffs (Slightly higher than my rough 37% projection)

The Sabres have a 37% chance to be in the top 3 in their division plus a 20% chance for a wildcard for a total 57% chance to make the playoffs (Slightly higher than my rough 53% projection)

Patriots meet the curve at 40%. Sabres exceed the curve at 67%.

Patriots have tainted championships. Sabres have none (albeit were cheated in one)

Like I said though. Apples and Oranges.

Edited by What a Tuel

I'm just trying to help, and you guys don't seem to have any practical ideas on how to stop this team.

I'm actually not that upset about the tank, but I think it's way worse that letting some air out of the football.

Basically, I think you guys have a ridiculous double standard for your own teams.

Enough of you in this thread. You said it and said it and said it.

Enough.

That was a beautiful two nights for the Sabres and their quest for McEichel. We go from within a few minutes of beating Chicago in regulation and being essentially tied with the Yotes, to losing two in regulation and coming within two points of the ultimate goal.

Three games left for each team. We can almost breathe.

lottery will be held the night of April 18, which is the first Saturday of the playoffs. It will likely be held as part of the pre-game show for that night’s national game, which will be decided once the final playoff seedings have been determined.