Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

I was fully anti-tank at the beginning of the year and was cheering on their November December winning streak. But when they came crashing back down to earth in January, I've embraced the tank. There's zero sense in not trying to secure anything but last place at this point. Murray's fire sale was everyone who's a UFA and there's a good chance some will be back next year. Looking optimistically, this team could compete for a play off spot next year, and be very, very strong in '16.

Sabres' fans either know exactly what's going on or are the biggest idiots in the world. The team still draws more fans to the rink than some of the winning franchises in the playoff contention.

That doesn't bode well.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree...Murray wanted a 2nd, held out for a 2nd, and got a 2nd.

It's not really surprising that Nolan isn't "on board" with the tank -- one of the worst kept secrets in the NHL is that Nolan will be out after this season. Not finishing last would be his parting shot.

Thankfully Murray has really taken it out of his hands. Those goalies! Oy vey.

If he was smart he would go along with the plan and then he might be sticking around.

I forget, did Murray hire Nolan or was he here before Murray got here?

I wonder what the % if of Sabres fans who are on board with the tank, vs. those who are so against it.

The three assclowns - Harrington, Bucky and Sully were out on twitter yesterday - talking like this is how the Roman Empire fell. The same guys who mock the Sabres out when they make their "heroic run to 8th"

But, the thing that surprises me is how many myopic people agree with them. Seems to be a LOT on SabreSpace, too.

I don't get how anybody would possibly care about wins in March 2015 when you can possibly have a run of top notch teams for the next decade or more.

Tank all the way, every team needs that elite player to get the championship, can't just do it with solid players anymore.

Are they really against the Tank? Maybe they are trying to keep controversy or investigation away from the team.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I disagree...Murray wanted a 2nd, held out for a 2nd, and got a 2nd.

If you want to pretend that a 2017 2nd is equal to a 2015 2nd, then yeah.

With Johnson (.889) and Anders Lindback (.875), the Sabres have goalies whose save percentages rank 71st and 78th in the NHL.

Be wary of Johnson. He looks terrible this year however he put up some pretty good numbers last year. Based on his interviews, it seems he would love nothing more than to screw up our tank.

Nolan is a blockhead, however. His comments today that the Sabres' moves were "disheartening and discouraging" are the statements of a moron.

What do you guys honestly expect him to say?

What do you guys honestly expect him to say?

How about, "we understood that those guys are UFAs after this season and the organization needs to find ways to acquire talent. We realize we aren't in the running for the playoffs this season, and this will now give a lot of our young guys the opportunity to get valuable experience at the NHL level. I look forward to coaching these guys up and assisting in their development."

Anything wrong with that?

Be wary of Johnson. He looks terrible this year however he put up some pretty good numbers last year. Based on his interviews, it seems he would love nothing more than to screw up our tank.

He's what scares me now. Not only what you said, but I think he's super hot right now. Last 5 games is a ridiculous save %

Pat LaFontaine hire before Murray. Kind of put the cart before the horse, the GM usually wants to choose the coach.

I forget the specifics, but was Nolan brought in with the interim tag last year? Anyway, as for why would Murray keep Nolan for this season, there was no point in subjecting a serious coaching candidate to what they all knew this season would be. You let that guy sit and wait so that he doesn't feel the misery of a season like this one.

Coyotes blow 2 goal lead in final 7 minutes, but win in a shootout. Now 6 points behind Sabres. Holy Moley.

Btw, Center Ice is just $49 through end of season. I called and complained about the service cutting out on recent Sabres games and they gave me a $25 credit, so, in essence I got the Center Ice pkg for $24. Watching every Yotes and Oilers game and lovin' every minute of it.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Coyotes blow 2 goal lead in final 7 minutes, but win in a shootouts. Now 6 points behind Sabres. Holy Moley.

That was crazy. They blow a 2 goal lead and let in the tying goal with under a minute left. I was livid. Thankfully, good 'ole Eddie Lack had our back in the shootout. First win for ARI in 11 games!!