Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when it was 2-0 I was calm...

It was nice to the kid Varone score with hustle and setup the 2nd goal, even if that goalie should had saved them. For all the roaming around he does, Lindback played very good. Almost too good -- that 1st goal he allowed was a total fluke deflection off Bogo.

For a team that spends the whole game in their own end, they sure do keep it close somehow. They shouldn't have much left in the tank for tomorrow night.

Edm holds on for a point. 4 points up on the Oilers for last place, 6 on Arizona.

Nice couple of days.

I'm constantly looking at my phone during these things. And, it's always a one goal lead when EDM or ARZ have a lead. And, it never changes into a two goal lead no matter how many times I look!

It was nice to the kid Varone score with hustle and setup the 2nd goal, even if that goalie should had saved them. For all the roaming around he does, Lindback played very good. Almost too good -- that 1st goal he allowed was a total fluke deflection off Bogo.

For a team that spends the whole game in their own end, they sure do keep it close somehow. They shouldn't have much left in the tank for tomorrow night.

We'll see how long the "confidence" they been playing with sticks around. Last night's game was certainly a "find a way to lose" kinda thing. String another couple of those type games together and all the sudden you have a team in a funk with almost no way to climb out of it.

The biggest thing against us right now is the schedule. We still have have 2 with Toronto, 2 with Arizona, Columbus, New Jersey, and Carolina on the docket. Getting through last night without a point was good. Edmonton played really well last night against the Blackhawks.

I agree with the other people in this thread who say the Sabres are the worst team. Arizona and Edmonton are much better than their records. If either of them had Neuvirth or Enroth for any length of time, this race would be over. I still think back to the streak we had early in the season and wish we'd have just lost 2 or 3 of those games because if we'd pretty much just be hoping we got McDavid because the Eichel guarantee would already be sewn up.

I can see both Arizona beating Montreal at home tonight and edmonton beating Carolina tomorrow. Those with buffalo losing would really be great. It would give the sabres a little more margin of error which is critical for their schedule.

Kinda feel bad for the guy, but we need to start Hackett in both games against Arizona.

He needed to play 30+ minutes in 7 games by the end of the season or else he would be a UFA instead of an RFA. I'm sure he will get 6 more games by the end of the year

A random thought came to mind yesterday. I hope the Sabres can pull off a big surprise when they pick McDavid first overall. I'd love to see our fans' reactions if they handed him one of the original Sabre jerseys. If it has to be Eichel, then so be it, but if they could pull off a uniform change like that without it leaking, it sure would be sweet.