Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the Sabres doing ? They were not making the playoffs, and since the advent of UFA, teams not making the playoffs have traded their UFA's for whatever the hell they could get for them....tell why they would keep them?

Want to go the route of keeping guys like Pysyk down in Rochester? Detrioy has been praised for years letting guys develop in the AHL even if they looked ready for the NHL.

Did the Sabres look like they quit last night? Has management told Teddy who to play?

Tell me what they are doing that is not considered sound hockey management...just name one thing you would have done differently knowing, with a certainty, you were not making the playoffs.

If the Sabres had only deflated the pucks he could defend them.

The Sabres finished dead last a season ago and no one said a freaking word because there was no "generational" player in the draft. We have a new GM now, he wants to build HIS team. So he's in year 1 of rebuilding his team, and he doesn't want to build upon a losing foundation that he inherited, I would do the same thing! This season just happens to have one sure bet franchise player and a close second franchise player, now it's embarrassing, boo hoo. You don't have to be on-board with tanking, that's fine, I can see that side of it. But don't preach, leave that to Bucky.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/03/27/buffalo-sabres-fans-nhl-draft-tanking-battle-connor-mcdavid-new-york-rangers-rookie-kevin-hayes

Edited by ricojes

This story has been on every national sports radio and TV show I watched today as well as all the local shows in Cbus. Every single one including many former athletes said the tank makes sense for what the reward is and that the players realize this. They are still trying but they know the team has been constructed a certain way currently, to get where they want to be in the future. They did think that fans at the game publically cheering for the yotes was a bit much. Lol

BTW, I have had enough of Gleason and Harrington and that crew at the Buffalo News. Yes, I am one of these idiots who pays for full access and knows full well you can go incognito and get same access. But I pay.

Will cancel today, Gleason has insulted me and my intelligence one to many times. Lord, why does this guy think he is the moral and intellectual superior of all his "idiot" readers. Same with Harrington and Vogl.

I know I am only $19 every two months, but so be it.

As an aside, so funny you can't cancel things online. This is 3rd online service in past two days I have tried to cancel can't cancel on line .

If you're able to get it done, please make sure they know why you're cancelling.

These aholes always mocked out the Bills heroic run to 7-9 and the Sabres heroic run to 8th place. Now, they're go in the opposite direction..............But, look at what Bucky wrote not even two years ago:

Bucky Gleason, June 23, 2013:

bucky-june2013.jpg

I read something to the effect today that said:

Hey players. You know how you guys come to our team, we buy your jersey, root for you, and really try to make you feel like part of the community. But then your contract runs out and you leave for $18 million a year instead of $16 million? And when asked about you say "Nothing personal. Just business." This is the fan equivalent to that.

I've seen that a few places and it's absolutely perfect.

Why do they keep reporting: "Tank to keep their odds better..." Its only 20%! It is NOT about odds... Its about McEichel. Normally only one player this good comes out, as #1. This year it is 2! McDavid and Eichel... Both are sure bets, like if Kane and Crosby came out in the same year. They didn't of course! The system says that if the worst team loses the lottery, they get #2 pick! That's why they are tanking! Not for the better odds of 20%, which are not that good of odds... It is for the second pick in case they lose (which probably will) The Lottery.

What point are people missing here. McDavid or Eichel... We will get one of them for sure ONLY if we finish dead last. 100% take it to the bank!

Finish 2 and we only have the bad odds to deal with. Are these reporters stupid that 2 sure bets are coming out this year! :wallbash:

This is like two Oliver Luck's coming out!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Nope. I'm I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of Buffalo fan. I don't think highly of what the Sabres are doing, and I think it undermines the NHL's competitiveness. I don't think highly of some of the things the Pats have done either (but the ball deflation "scandal" is fueled by bitter opposing fans), but none were as shameful and embarrassing as what the Sabres are doing.

To me, some of what the Pats do make the NFL look ultra-competitive (that's good, and INTERESTING to me). What the Sabres are doing is truly making the NHL look bush league.

You are free to feel however you want, but I have no interest in the Pats, love the Bills, and think the whiners are showing bad form, crying over what the Pats might do to WIN, while celebrating actions of the Sabres organization. It's truly a loser's mentality.

Phuck 'em!!!!!! They phuck'd us royally in 1999! They want Bush League, give 'em The Bush League that they are!

Only thing better would be to lace this team up and have them hit the F'n Center! Oh and still lose!

charelstown_chiefs630.jpg

Blue & Gold rocks!!!!!

Why do they keep reporting: "Tank to keep their odds better..." Its only 20%! It is NOT about odds... Its about McEichel. Normally only one player this good comes out, as #1. This year it is 2! McDavid and Eichel... Both are sure bets, like if Kane and Crosby came out in the same year. They didn't of course! The system says that if the worst team loses the lottery, they get #2 pick! That's why they are tanking! Not for the better odds of 20%, which are not that good of odds... It is for the second pick in case they lose (which probably will) The Lottery.

What point are people missing here. McDavid or Eichel... We will get one of them for sure ONLY if we finish dead last. 100% take it to the bank!

Finish 2 and we only have the bad odds to deal with. Are these reporters stupid that 2 sure bets are coming out this year! :wallbash:

This is what happens when somebody from yahoo writes an article that they know nothing about and just got alerted to by the local Buffalo media stories.

This story has been on every national sports radio and TV show I watched today as well as all the local shows in Cbus. Every single one including many former athletes said the tank makes sense for what the reward is and that the players realize this. They are still trying but they know the team has been constructed a certain way currently, to get where they want to be in the future. They did think that fans at the game publically cheering for the yotes was a bit much. Lol

I agree... Fans should keep it uder their Stetson... BUT , it is hard not too! Especially, in a "in your face" culture! Oh well, they will get over it!

If you're able to get it done, please make sure they know why you're cancelling.

These aholes always mocked out the Bills heroic run to 7-9 and the Sabres heroic run to 8th place. Now, they're go in the opposite direction..............But, look at what Bucky wrote not even two years ago:

bucky-june2013.jpg

That is an absolutely amazing find. Good work digging that up. It proves that everything he writes is simply about stirring up controversy and not about what he actually thinks.

Maybe it was a bit much or maybe it wasn't. Being a die hard Sabres' fan who has literally watched two of the worst seasons of all time back-to-back, I was as nervous going into overtime as I was watching the Stanley Cup Finals against Dallas or Game 7 against Carolina. I left the room and didn't come back until it was over. I had trouble going to sleep after the game because I was so amped from the events.

So I get why some fans cheered. They've suffered a lot with the Sabres and BILLS over the years and for once it looks like we may actually finish something we started. I could give a flying crap what fans from other cities say or think. Most of them haven't lived virtually their entire lives with mediocre franchises that have never won a championship and too often don't even contend. Our teams always seem to be just good enough to make the playoffs or just bad enough not to. We're not apologizing for being tired of it, especially since so many of us are still watching EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

We see Crosby and Malkin on the Penguins, Toews and Kane on the Blackhawks and know that we could soon be in the same conversation. It's completely different ground for us. Remember, we're the fans who basically threw together a parade when Jim Kelly finally came to town to play and then showed Pro Football how to induct someone into the Hall of Fame. Remember how many people were at the airport to greet Terrell Owens? That doesn't happen many other places. We're !@#$ing awesome and everyone who has worn our colors knows it.

I knew when they blew this team up it was going to suck out loud and it's been incredibly painful to sit through it night after night for nearly two years. So forgive us for cheering against the laundry for a short time period because we want a much better tomorrow. I'm going to be amongst the first in line to get a McDavid/Eichel jersey. DARINTEED!

To the players who had their feelings hurt: It's not personal. For the most part we haven't booed you because we know you're doing your best. Unfortunately, your best isn't good enough. It is what it is. You only have to deal with it for 8 more games. So do your best but please don't screw this up because we've earned this. We deserve it.

bucky-june2013.jpg

He was just on his show trying to defend that quote. He said something like "it's just 75 words out of a 2500 word article, you need to read the whole thing to get the complete picture."

Well, I just read the whole thing. It still sounds like he was an advocate of tanking to get the best pick 2 years ago.

That is an absolutely amazing find. Good work digging that up. It proves that everything he writes is simply about stirring up controversy and not about what he actually thinks.

Credit to Brad Riter and Trending Buffalo on that one.

Credit to Brad Riter and Trending Buffalo on that one.

I actually want to start reading now because it is going to be fun watching him dig an even deeper grave trying to explain his way out of this one.

Maybe it was a bit much or maybe it wasn't. Being a die hard Sabres' fan who has literally watched two of the worst seasons of all time back-to-back, I was as nervous going into overtime as I was watching the Stanley Cup Finals against Dallas or Game 7 against Carolina. I left the room and didn't come back until it was over. I had trouble going to sleep after the game because I was so amped from the events.

So I get why some fans cheered. They've suffered a lot with the Sabres and BILLS over the years and for once it looks like we may actually finish something we started. I could give a flying crap what fans from other cities say or think. Most of them haven't lived virtually their entire lives with mediocre franchises that have never won a championship and too often don't even contend. Our teams always seem to be just good enough to make the playoffs or just bad enough not to. We're not apologizing for being tired of it, especially since so many of us are still watching EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

We see Crosby and Malkin on the Penguins, Toews and Kane on the Blackhawks and know that we could soon be in the same conversation. It's completely different ground for us. Remember, we're the fans who basically threw together a parade when Jim Kelly finally came to town to play and then showed Pro Football how to induct someone into the Hall of Fame. Remember how many people were at the airport to greet Terrell Owens? That doesn't happen many other places. We're !@#$ing awesome and everyone who has worn our colors knows it.

I knew when they blew this team up it was going to suck out loud and it's been incredibly painful to sit through it night after night for nearly two years. So forgive us for cheering against the laundry for a short time period because we want a much better tomorrow. I'm going to be amongst the first in line to get a McDavid/Eichel jersey. DARINTEED!

To the players who had their feelings hurt: It's not personal. For the most part we haven't booed you because we know you're doing your best. Unfortunately, your best isn't good enough. It is what it is. You only have to deal with it for 8 more games. So do your best but please don't screw this up because we've earned this. We deserve it.

Your heart is on your sleeve (that really is a stupid saying), well said.

:w00t: son of a B word that was funny. We just may have to keep you around.

"Bill Belicheck's fanboy is about to give us a lesson in sports etiquette and integrity."

Yea, brilliant. You were in tears of laughter over this, Beerball? Really? Slapping your knee, holding your stomach, beer out your nose etc, over that little quip?

I wish I could be so easily amused.

Edited by HoF Watkins

"Bill Belicheck's fanboy is about to give us a lesson in sports etiquette and integrity."

Yea, brilliant. You were in tears of laughter over this, Beerball? Really? Slapping your knee, holding your stomach, beer out your nose etc, over that little quip?

I wish I could be so easily amused.

Yup, it was brilliant. I too wish you could be so easily amused. You wouldn't even have a point if the players weren't trying to win (which they are).

You, sir, get a gold star.

"We deserve it"...This is how far fans in Buffalo have fallen? Wanting losses, for the chance, to get the opportunity, to maybe get a player, that might lead the team to a championship? That's backwards to me... "Let's lose our way to the championship!". Yeah, maybe we do deserve it, like sympathy sex.

Proud fans!

"We deserve it"...This is how far fans in Buffalo have fallen? Wanting losses, for the chance, to get the opportunity, to maybe get a player, that might lead the team to a championship? That's backwards to me... "Let's lose our way to the championship!". Yeah, maybe we do deserve it, like sympathy sex.

Proud fans!

The bolded tells us all we need to know about your knowledge of this.

i totally identify with this. I think media outside buffalo and people who haven't lived the "buffalo fan experience" will never get it. That's fine, I think this part of "the tank" will all be forgotten within months.

Bravo, AD...bravo.

Proud fans!

You don't get it. That's clear in your football posts, and it's clear here.

Proud fans!

I find it worse that fans give up on seasons so very easily. A lot of Bills fans were talking trash during the preseason last year saying we would maybe go 3-13 at best. When we lost to the Chiefs and Dolphins, a large number of people gave up on the Bills again, saying they won't ever have a chance for the playoffs.

I find that to be much more disturbing than this. Those fans give up all hope, turned the channel, and abandoned their team before the twelfth hour. The fans you are criticizing are still going to Sabres games to watch their team play when they are freaking 20-46-8 and in dead last place. Those fans would give anything for the Sabres to win, but it isn't happening, and they know it. They were playing against the 2nd worst team in the league, there is no glory or positive coming from winning that game. The fans shouldn't be proud of winning that game, nor should the players. It was a meaningless game to end all meaningless games, and the fans were cheering for the single most positive thing that came from their team losing another game: A promise of a brighter future for their team, so lay off them.

This is coming from a guy who dislikes tanking in general.

Edited by What a Tuel

I've seen that a few places and it's absolutely perfect.

It is done, and i was on hold for twenty minutes, told the rep why i was cancelling...sure sounded like i wasn't the only one who cancelled yesterday morning.

It is done, and i was on hold for twenty minutes, told the rep why i was cancelling...sure sounded like i wasn't the only one who cancelled yesterday morning.

I'm surprised an editor signed off on that column. Calling your readers losers is a line that I can't imagine most writers would even consider crossing.

Like when Luck AND RGIII, or Manning AND Leaf came out in the same draft! Right?!?!?

There are people that just dont get...do not acknowledge these people....lets keep this thread strong! we are almost there folks! Im waiting to go back and read my up and down reactions in this thread for a good laugh when its all over....hopefully thr prize is waiting for us

Proud fans!

So the championship whatever it takes mentality is alright when you're cheating, such as deflating footballs as your buddy Billy does, but there's no honor trying to get a draft pick for a once in a generation player?

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Sabres get McDavid, but McEichel ends up winning all the championships, or vice-versa?

Debasing yourself doesn't always work out. I am more disappointed in the way some of the fans are acting than anything else. I understand "building for the future" by trading away good players, putting young players on the roster, etc.

I don't understand going to games with "Tank" signs. and cheering for losses. It's pathetic, and then claiming "We deserve it"? I don't think these kinds of "fans" deserve anything.

The Sabres have had lots of great players, lots of high picks...they blew them. Mismanaged, out-coached, bad luck...

I get it, nobody wants to hear dissent. "Close your ears, and wait for that championship. Then we can strut!"

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Sabres get McDavid, but McEichel ends up winning all the championships, or vice-versa?

Debasing yourself doesn't always work out. I am more disappointed in the way some of the fans are acting than anything else. I understand "building for the future" by trading away good players, putting young players on the roster, etc.

I don't understand going to games with "Tank" signs. and cheering for losses. It's pathetic, and then claiming "We deserve it"? I don't think these kinds of "fans" deserve anything.

The Sabres have had lots of great players, lots of high picks...they blew them. Mismanaged, out-coached, bad luck...

I get it, nobody wants to hear dissent. "Close your ears, and wait for that championship. Then we can strut!"

You know who deserves championships? Teams that cheat.

the fact that your referred to Eichel as "McEichel" in your ironic championship scenario shows that you do not know what you are talking about and therefore can not be taken seriously.