Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Didn't the Sabers finish last last year? Why am I not hearing about their new 60 goal scorer?

No one was comparing Reinhart to Crosby as they are McDavid, he was good coming into the draft, but not a generational player or he would have went #1 overall. That's what makes this year special, McDavid is a rare rare talent. If there was sub par talent at the top of this years draft, this team would most likely look different.

Edited by ricojes

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have been up this year but they returned him to juniors. But to answer what I think you're really wondering here, last year's draft was much weaker than this year.

Think about it this way. This year's draft is Andrew luck going first overall. Last year's was like EJ being the top available QB. That example is a bit extreme, but Reinhart is nowhere near the level of prospect as McEichel or McDavid.

Yes but if Reinhart was #2, even in a weak draft he can't be a bum. I will think of it as Bills getting Luck and Khalil in the same year.

Yes but if Reinhart was #2, even in a weak draft he can't be a bum. I will think of it as Bills getting Luck and Khalil in the same year.

Reinhart is a very, very good player. Not the fastest or flashiest skater, but through the roof hockey IQ. Tremendous vision, anticipation, patience...the game seems to slow down for him. He'll be a good center for us, starting next season.

Think, in terms of playing style, Jonathan Toews.

In my best Canadian accent: "I was out-n-about... Can anybody fill me in why the game against Filthadelphia Cryers was delayed?" It's after nine here and they still have 15 minutes left? Huh? Game started @ 7EST, right? That's 6 my time.

Reinhart is a very, very good player. Not the fastest or flashiest skater, but through the roof hockey IQ. Tremendous vision, anticipation, patience...the game seems to slow down for him. He'll be a good center for us, starting next season.

Think, in terms of playing style, Jonathan Toews.

How does McDavid play? Eichel? Funny, I was reading ESPN ( think it was ESPN, or was it one of the CHI papers?) and they called Patrick Kane: "The Mayor of Dangleville!" :lol:

In my best Canadian accent: "I was out-n-about... Can anybody fill me in why the game against Filthadelphia Cryers was delayed?" It's after nine here and they still have 15 minutes left? Huh? Game started @ 7EST, right? That's 6 my time.

The game was moved back one hour to an 8PM start so that the Flyers could honor Eric Desjardins for an hour! :wallbash:

WTF.....can't lose em all I guess

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This tank is far from over. That's the 2nd gritty road performance in a row and we've played 1 less game than EDM. We may have to take it up a notch and trade Neuvirth.

And, the games they've been losing have been one goal games. This is way too close for comfort!

Getting rid of Neuvirth would be a good move!

How does McDavid play? Eichel? Funny, I was reading ESPN ( think it was ESPN, or was it one of the CHI papers?) and they called Patrick Kane: "The Mayor of Dangleville!" :lol:

Eichel is good. plays a little bigger more power-forwardy and has a better shot (as of now) than McDavid.

When Jack Eichel is on the ice, the pace of the play shifts; if players can't keep up, they are left behind. A consistent scoring threat on the ice, Eichel possesses next-level hockey-IQ, an elite-level skillset, and the natural size and work ethic to let him play his role as a scoring power center. All-in-all, Jack Eichel is that uncontainable, dynamic center that can make other players look out of place in his wake.

McDavid is a complete player. Vision, passing, crazy speed/acceleration.

from Eliteproprospects:

A generational talent, Connor McDavid is a catalyst for positive plays in all three zones. Thinks the game analytically and recognizes scoring chances before they have even happened. Blessed with good size and an elite-level skillset, which includes nimble skating and deft puckhandling. All-in-all, a dominant center with all of the will, power, and intangibles to become a successful hockey luminary.

From their last game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfZg3UNdVa4

here is a game vs Plymouth

Its crazy. You just see how fast McDavid goes from 0 to top speed... with the puck. The whole opposition goes onto their heels every time he gets the puck.

Edited by May Day 10

This tank is far from over. That's the 2nd gritty road performance in a row and we've played 1 less game than EDM. We may have to take it up a notch and trade Neuvirth.

There is no doubt that's the plan. Play Neuvirth as much as possible and hopefully he plays well enough to be traded.

Here's what I hope for it to be. Pittsburgh taking Malkin at #2 in 2004 and Crosby #1 in 2005. Reinhart isn't a Malkin-type of player, but in terms of a team solidifying itself at center in back-to-back drafts, that is the gold standard. We've had so little talent up the middle of the ice for years now and all of a sudden the rest of the league is going to be very envious, even if we wind up picking second this year.

Arizona is a real threat if the sabres start mustering up some wins....

If the Sabres somehow go .500 the rest of the season, Arizona going just 8-16 the rest of the way would still finish ahead of Buffalo. That record is well below their pace for the season. The Coyotes are not going to fall below Buffalo.

If the Sabres somehow go .500 the rest of the season, Arizona going just 8-16 the rest of the way would still finish ahead of Buffalo. That record is well below their pace for the season. The Coyotes are not going to fall below Buffalo.

they def can when they unload some of their better players at the deadline

itll be tough for Arizona and Carolina to drop that far. Still 3 points ahead of Edmonton and games in hand I believe. Its possible. Also remember the Sabres will have some lost players at the deadline.

Sabres going .500 over the last 24 games is also a huge reach. The next bunch of games are:

NYR (off back to back travel)

Nashville (best in the NHL)

@ Columbus

Vancouver

then a 5 game road swing

@ Florida (fighting for playoffs and a good team)

@ Tampa

@ Ottawa

@ Washington

@Toronto

itll be tough for Arizona and Carolina to drop that far. Still 3 points ahead of Edmonton and games in hand I believe. Its possible. Also remember the Sabres will have some lost players at the deadline.

Sabres going .500 over the last 24 games is also a huge reach. The next bunch of games are:

@ Columbus

Vancouver

then a 5 game road swing

@ Tampa

@ Ottawa

@ Washington

@Toronto

I love how we actually talk about them being ahead.

Only team that I see them beating is Columbus, and somehow we've seemed to have Toronto's number the past few seasons.

@ Columbus

Vancouver

then a 5 game road swing

@ Tampa

@ Ottawa

@ Washington

@Toronto

Looks promising...This is more nerve racking than battling for the division title!

Don't forget about Jake McCabe as well on defense.

At forward, Grigorenko is only one of 5 intriguing prospects for me; a list that also includes Fasching, Compher, Hurley, and--my favorite of all--Bailey.

Adding to your list Girgenson, Ennis, Risto, zadorov and Foligno. All good young players

In the couple of games that I saw after the trade Bogasious (sic) was very impressive. Meyer and Bogasious are very different types of players. But if this was a one on one deal it would have been a good deal for us.

The players you mention Fashing etc are all good prospects who are in the pipeline and will be ready in a couple of years.

The one player who will be traded I want returned after the season is Stewart. He is big, strong and can score. He is having a bad stat year but with a more talented offense he could be a contributing scorer and a tough presence for this team.

One observation I have witnessed is that this team is getting bigger than from the Regier era. This front office has a plan and the pieces are falling into place. In two to three years this is going to be a very good team. At times this team is excruciating to watch but the fun part is witnessing a smart organizational strategy being implemented.