Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Sorry to see Lemieux as part of the package. I've been hearing good things about him. Searching around the inter-ma-webs, it seems the consensus opinion is that the Sabres got fleeced on this deal. Kane described as a talented kid, but a malcontent idiot. Bogosian also talented, but constantly injured.

I don't follow hockey as closely as I did in the past, so I'm not going to profess to know anything. Seems like we gave up an awful lot though.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated to see Brendan Lemieux included in this deal, but other than that, this is great. Kane can be a beast, he's fast, big, plays with an edge, can score and bang. Bogo, if he's not traded, could be a very nice addition as well. he's a tough player with a nice shot. And as Yolo mentioned, it hurts the Sabres in the short term which is perfect!

Sorry to see Lemieux as part of the package. I've been hearing good things about him. Searching around the inter-ma-webs, it seems the consensus opinion is that the Sabres got fleeced on this deal. Kane described as a talented kid, but a malcontent idiot. Bogosian also talented, but constantly injured.

I don't follow hockey as closely as I did in the past, so I'm not going to profess to know anything. Seems like we gave up an awful lot though.

Armia, Lemieux, and the late 1st rounder are nothing more than potential at this point. Myers has been ok, Stafford needed to go.

Kane, if his head is on straight, is far and away the best player in the trade. Bogo is no worse than an even swap w/ Myers.

The key here is moving past Darcy's "core" and finishing the purge.

Armia, Lemieux, and the late 1st rounder are nothing more than potential at this point. Myers has been ok, Stafford needed to go.

Kane, if his head is on straight, is far and away the best player in the trade. Bogo is no worse than an even swap w/ Myers.

The key here is moving past Darcy's "core" and finishing the purge.

Yeah...I get it. I never really liked Myers, so I'm actually glad to see him go. Again, the only one that bothers me is Lemieux. I really think he is going to be a very talented winger. Oh well. I get swapping potential for proven commodities.

Stafford should have been traded years ago when he had some trade value.

Myers has definitely had his ups and downs, but still a project for the most part. he could be good or he could be average for the rest of his career, was always on the fence with him.

The young players are always tough to gauge.

Kane needs to mature, but his upside is through the roof. this guy is a very very good player.

One thing to note about Zach Bogosian's contract is that a no-trade clause kicks in after this summer. That's the only reason I think he might still be traded.

I will also confess, I didn't get Center Ice this year (first time in about 13 years), because I just can't stomach watching the Sabres lose, night after night after night...I must say, unless Tyler Myers really improved this year (added some consistency to his game) I am not going to miss him. Stafford was a free-agent at the end of the season, I believe, and we weren't likely to re-sign him, so it is no big loss. The first round pick we are giving up, if I heard correctly, will be either the one we got from the Blues or the Islanders, not the one the Sabres (and their fans) are "earning" this season.... unless Armeia and/or Lemieux (who I know nothing about, but he seems highly regarded by many here) proves to be better than Kane, I think we made out good in this deal...

Dante, you are closer to it...what is the root of all the problems Kane has been having in Winnipeg? I know he got in a fight with a teammate, and ruffled some feathers with an instagram picture, posing with $ stacks...anything else?

I will also confess, I didn't get Center Ice this year (first time in about 13 years), because I just can't stomach watching the Sabres lose, night after night after night...I must say, unless Tyler Myers really improved this year (added some consistency to his game) I am not going to miss him. Stafford was a free-agent at the end of the season, I believe, and we weren't likely to re-sign him, so it is no big loss. The first round pick we are giving up, if I heard correctly, will be either the one we got from the Blues or the Islanders, not the one the Sabres (and their fans) are "earning" this season.... unless Armeia and/or Lemieux (who I know nothing about, but he seems highly regarded by many here) proves to be better than Kane, I think we made out good in this deal...

Dante, you are closer to it...what is the root of all the problems Kane has been having in Winnipeg? I know he got in a fight with a teammate, and ruffled some feathers with an instagram picture, posing with $ stacks...anything else?

Myers seemed better. But he was just the best on the team. But that's like Carolina being the best team in the AFC South.

Great day, week, month to be a Buffalo sports fan.

Kane is a stud and the change of scenery will help him. Bogo is what Myers isn't - a guy who actually plays to his size and he's got another five years on his deal.

I'm almost never sad to see a European player go, especially a young one. Rumor is Claude Jr. wasn't going to sign here, so whatever.

Now finish the tank and move the last of the dead weight. Onto the draft and free agency where we move ourselves forward.

People are stupid. The Sabres got the best 2 players in the deal. Kane is 23. If he gets his head on straight, and trades help wake up some guys, he could be a superstar.

I love taking a chance on talent. But how will ever replace Armia's 17 career AHL goals?

Great day, week, month to be a Buffalo sports fan.

Kane is a stud and the change of scenery will help him. Bogo is what Myers isn't - a guy who actually plays to his size and he's got another five years on his deal.

I'm almost never sad to see a European player go, especially a young one. Rumor is Claude Jr. wasn't going to sign here, so whatever.

Now finish the tank and move the last of the dead weight. Onto the draft and free agency where we move ourselves forward.

who do you think is next?