Goodwin attempting to make 2016 Olympics

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Goodwin finishes in the top three and meets the IAAF qualification mark of 8.10-meters, he would be able to compete at the World Championships in Beijing held Aug. 22-30. Bills training camp begins July 31 and runs through Aug. 25 in Pittsford, New York.

Hrmmm.

if he qualifies, and is having a good camp, i have no worries about him taking a few days off to pursue this.

yeah, me neither. Guarantee he discussed it with Rex, Roman and Whaley and asked what they thought about it. I imagine if they said it could affect his roster spot in any way he would not have done this.

Any early predictions on future threads re this? I think we will see these down the road:

1) Goodwin needs to get his priorities straight

2) Do you think Goodwin's injury was caused by the Olympics training?

3) Why can't Goodwin perform like that in the Bills' games?

4) Hogan is on the fast track to start this year

Any early predictions on future threads re this? I think we will see these down the road:

1) Goodwin needs to get his priorities straight

2) Do you think Goodwin's injury was caused by the Olympics training?

3) Why can't Goodwin perform like that in the Bills' games?

4) Hogan is on the fast track to start this year

I can answer most of those.

1) his priority is having something to do after he's no longer on the team because Harvin can do the same things he does.

2) No, he has been know to pull muscles just walking his dog.

3) Because he's not a football player that also plays track, he's a track player that got lucky playing football.

4) He wasn't going to start but he was the best route runner on the team and he has decent speed.

Honest answers with some sarcasm dipped in (except #2)

if he qualifies, and is having a good camp, i have no worries about him taking a few days off to pursue this.

Did I read this wrong? Says the games in Bejing from August 22-30? That to me is at a minimum 6, and I mean crazy minimum, days off.

More likely 14 days off....and you think the Bills let him do this if he is on the roster? I gutta be missing something.

Did I read this wrong? Says the games in Bejing from August 22-30? That to me is at a minimum 6, and I mean crazy minimum, days off.

More likely 14 days off....and you think the Bills let him do this if he is on the roster? I gutta be missing something.

The flip side being things like final day, or first days after camp likely being team building and or rest days even. So a week off would amount to how many actual practices?