Possible trouble for Brandon Spikes; released by Pats

Keep it up guys. The asterisk/deflategate/blame Brady shtick never gets old! I don't think I've read one funny joke yet.

He makes himself an easy target for bad jokes (though I thought the initial idea of blaming him for this incident was GENIUS). He has become an incessant whiner. His refusal to fully cooperate in the investigation and simply admit to a relatively minor infraction was his undoing in this situation. He should have manned-up and took what would have been a very minor fine, most likely, IMO. Instead he made the NFL spend a ton of money, waste a lot of time, etc. He put his team, and his coach, in danger by trying to protect himself. For that, his punishment was quite lenient, again IMO.

Any joke at Brady's* expense is fair game, at this point. His arrogance is to blame.

Why would Patriots** fans find any of this funny?

Although what you say is true, the asterisk/deflategate/blame Brady schtick never gets old. You don't find humor in the fact that Spikes on the Patriots was a buffoon, badmouthed the team when he was there and then trashed them when he left with great stuff like "Four Years a Slave," then came to the Bills and really did (for a year at least) change his tune, was mostly a model citizen, played well, became a fan favorite, and then as soon as he went back to the Patriots** gets in colossal trouble, so much so that they have to cut him before there is any real charge or admission from anyone?

It may be sad but it's funny. And I like Spikes and hope in some way it was one of his moron friends and not him.

Agreed. Spikes was first class with the Bills.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on doc - the jokes in this thread, mine included, have not been terribly funny.

I thought kdiggz' joke was pretty funny.

I don't think, mine included, they have been funny at all. The whole thing is funny though, and that's the point.

There are varying degrees of funny.

I hope Spikes gets his life together. Seemed like a good guy when he was here.

Surprised he would do this (hit and run) - if he did. He did have a DUI in college, I think.

He won't get away with "it's wasn't me" as some have suggested, but the move makes sense if he was drunk. Leaving the scene > DUI.

He won't get away with "it's wasn't me" as some have suggested, but the move makes sense if he was drunk. Leaving the scene > DUI.

I think the OnStar message is his undoing. If he had just fled they wouldn't be able to pin it on him.

It's because fleeing and abandoning the car can be the best legal course of action. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Spikes was driving, which is hard to do when he can just say a relative was. At that point it becomes very hard to pin it on anyone. Civilly he's !@#$ed, however, as they only use the more probable than not standard. I'd expect Spikes not face any criminal charges and just settle with the family.

You're right....anyone remember the Dr. Corisanti case in Buffalo a year or two ago? He basically beat the hit and run/manslaughter and was found guilty of DUI. However in the civil case a settlement was reached which the family of the victim described as "fair" if I recall correctly....

After a thorough review, the league office has concluded the New England Patriots acted appropriately in all regards involving the Brandon Spikes incident.

Thank goodness!

Once again, after thoughtful and timely considerations , we fans can rest easy.

Mr Goodell, i would like to add..

Although you have been under considerable scrutiny of late, you taking the time out to visit our Good Forum and keep us abreast as to the goings ons and your careful evaluations and then pronouncements.

I would just like to thank you.

An asset to us all. and please keep us Bills Fans and Players in your good graces.

We mean well.

Sincere regards

Eric

Too bad, Most of the rest of us have.

well maybe. kinda funny. in an existential way

Edited by 3rdand12

I think the OnStar message is his undoing. If he had just fled they wouldn't be able to pin it on him.

sure they would. its his abandoned car.

This guy is screwed.

In NY leaving the scene of an accident might as well be admitting guilt.

But the phone call was stupid. onstar might actually have realized the car was in accident. air bags , crash sensors , extreme skidding.

This should be childs play to figure it out , but much more difficult to prove intoxication etc. That's why it tough when you leave the scene of an accident when there are injuries. and thats a different horse altogether. and there were.

Because he might be arrested for felony hit and run?

this is what i meant. posting same time Rocky you said it much better!