Ravens Columnist Perspective On Tyrod Taylor Aug 2014

Interesting and I hope Taylor gets a chance to show his stuff here in Buffalo. I don't understand the reporter saying no one has stepped in after an injury and had a productive season. Kurt Warner and (gag!) Tom Brady stepped in and won superbowls and Matt Cassell had a great season when Brady went down early. I don't think its all THAT rare.

Who is Tyrod Taylor? Seriously, this guy has done nothing in the NFL. If you think this guy is going to come and win games you are being a blindass fan. He's this years Tavares Jackson.

Who is Tyrod Taylor? Seriously, this guy has done nothing in the NFL. If you think this guy is going to come and win games you are being a blindass fan. He's this years Tavares Jackson.

T Jack actually had a track record. He's his year's Brian Brohm

Who is this John Eisenberg whippersnapper -- does he think that football only started in Baltimore with the Ravens?

What about Earl Morrall -- not once, but twice: he subbed for Johnny Unitas in guiding the Colts to an NFL championship in 1968 (en route to SB III), and then did it again for the 1972 Dolphins. I recall Morrall won 10 or 11 games subbing for Bob Griese in '72, including in the playoffs.

surprised I haven't seen this on TBD yet, Ray Lewis has some strong praise for Taylor

ray lewis endorsing g someone does not mean anything. He is a baffoon who will say anything about any one. Reminds me of a fire andbrimstone preacher.

Two guys since 2000-01??

What do you consider 'rare?'

I actually think that once every 7 years for a guy to go from backup nobody to superstar in the most important position in team sports is pretty astounding. It happens enough to give everyone hope when there seemingly isn't any.

BTW the columnist is very weak on QB history. There have been a number of backups who took their teams to Superbowl.

He's not only weak on QB history, he seems to be weak on Raven history,

When the Ravens won their first SB, Tony Banks was actually the starter when the regular season opened up.

Trent Dilfer was the back up.

Granted, Banks was benched because of poor play, but it is another example of the back up QB taking over for the starter and leading the

team to a SB.

Interesting and I hope Taylor gets a chance to show his stuff here in Buffalo. I don't understand the reporter saying no one has stepped in after an injury and had a productive season. Kurt Warner and (gag!) Tom Brady stepped in and won superbowls and Matt Cassell had a great season when Brady went down early. I don't think its all THAT rare.

Let's also not forget Kaepernick. He didn't beat out Alex Smith until Smith went down.

I don't think that anyone is expecting Taylor to be Brady, or Rodgers. We might hope that he can be Carson Palmer with some mobility.

NFL experience in reg season games is not big for sure. But, four preseasons and camps and watching from the sidelines those four years....Taylor is a vet for sure. If his arm is up to it, he may get to play here. I am also a minority of thought that believes NFL football teams should handle the QB's like the RB's ,and play multiple guys to change up the O and cause confusion on the opposing D. Putting in Taylor in mid game and running options.....something not game planned for is disruptive to the opposing D. I am not talking the occasional play....I am talking several series/possesions.

NFL experience in reg season games is not big for sure. But, four preseasons and camps and watching from the sidelines those four years....Taylor is a vet for sure. If his arm is up to it, he may get to play here. I am also a minority of thought that believes NFL football teams should handle the QB's like the RB's ,and play multiple guys to change up the O and cause confusion on the opposing D. Putting in Taylor in mid game and running options.....something not game planned for is disruptive to the opposing D. I am not talking the occasional play....I am talking several series/possesions.

This has been shown not to work. Rhythm and timing is important to how an offense operates. Doing this just disrupts all that. Not saying it's impossible; I'm sure someone could make it work one day, but I'm not counting on it.

This has been shown not to work. Rhythm and timing is important to how an offense operates. Doing this just disrupts all that. Not saying it's impossible; I'm sure someone could make it work one day, but I'm not counting on it.

For sure, the relief pitcher, would have to have #1 team reps if you were going to do this. It never works until it works.......just a matter of figuring out how to do it without major disruption. Not calling this the same as a 3d down running back.......give the relief guy a couple of series. Or alternate series....or do it in the 4th qtr so there is no time to adjust the D.....just saying.....w/o a standout QB, if all the same, mostly, then do something else.

Article: Fluffy, and without any analysis of Tyrod. After 12 paragraphs he actually starts to talk about Taylor's actual play. And then doesnt say anything of substance.

Video: Thank you. But its from pre-season in Tyrod's rookie year. I like that he keeps his head upfield while scrambling.

He's a guy who plays the QB position. Great. Never can have too many of those, or something.

I actually think that once every 7 years for a guy to go from backup nobody to superstar in the most important position in team sports is pretty astounding. It happens enough to give everyone hope when there seemingly isn't any.

Shouldn't we factor in that one of those guys happened to win 4 superbowls over that time period? Depending on how finely we want to slice that hair, Flacco and Roethlisberger weren't intended to start and only got the nod due to injury. There's 3 more championships over that span.

with great defenses and good running rookie / young QB's can start out as care takers and win superbowls.

IIRC when Brady started out the Pats* leaned on a run game (1793 yards) and won a SB, the next they asked Brady* to pass more and relied less on the run game (1508 yards) and missed the playoffs @ 9-7, the next they went back again to the run at (1607

yards) and won the SB, and the year after that they went real heavy on the run (2134 yards).

Again they turned it over to Brady* and the pass and didn't win a SB. Then came the cheating and more cheating and more cheating.

So, good defense, very good run game, a practical approach at passing and championships can be had.

with great defenses and good running rookie / young QB's can start out as care takers and win superbowls.

IIRC when Brady started out the Pats* leaned on a run game (1793 yards) and won a SB, the next they asked Brady* to pass more and relied less on the run game (1508 yards) and missed the playoffs @ 9-7, the next they went back again to the run at (1607

yards) and won the SB, and the year after that they went real heavy on the run (2134 yards).

Again they turned it over to Brady* and the pass and didn't win a SB. Then came the cheating and more cheating and more cheating.

So, good defense, very good run game, a practical approach at passing and championships can be had.

Woohoo.