Bills' Organized Team Activities: May 26-29

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have been told recently. Saying ok and fine are usually not good. Makes you wonder why they moved Cassel up to work with 1's and EJ away. Must have been less than good most of the time. Only looking good on some things is not a ringing endorsement. I hope we as a team can overcome bad to poor QB play.

If we display bad-poor QB play, we have no chance.

Marcel, you better change your answer to that question!

its agent-driven. Remember when they asked Hughes if he would consider taking a hometown discount and he laughed in their faces and said he never heard of that? Dareus is going to want every penny he deserves and isn't going to just say he wants to be here no matter what.

its agent-driven. Remember when they asked Hughes if he would consider taking a hometown discount and he laughed in their faces and said he never heard of that? Dareus is going to want every penny he deserves and isn't going to just say he wants to be here no matter what.

Of course, the irony is that Hughes pretty much did take a hometown discount.

Nevertheless, I agree that Marcel is (and should be) expecting Suh money.

I know, I know.

@buffalobills

QB Tyrod Taylor: "I'm not a 'running quarterback.' I'm a quarterback who can run. You've just gotta move the chains."

CGBwKe7UgAEBH3l.jpg

@buffalobills

"Is the QB competition game on?" EJ: "It's game on. We're having fun." #BillsOTAs

CGBxOtaVAAEFiqg.jpg

In the meanwhile Geno already won the job and is getting better by the minute.

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.

@JoeBuscaglia

Rex Ryan: At the end of the day, the quarterback competition really won't get going until training camp

Rex was accused of having "kind of" a man crush on Tyrod Taylor, and he said let's hold off until training camp for any of that

@buffalobills "Rex's post #BillsOTAs day two summary: QB Cassel had a great day, and "the rookie" (Darby) made his first INT."

Any commentary on that from the media watching? Seemed to be saying all the QB sucked.

There will never be enough minutes.....

CBF

Lmao

Except the new coach just said Galley is an idiot and that it's an open competition.

thats how I read it too. Not sure Chan will be given freedom to discuss the QB situation so freely with the media in the future. Lol

@buffalobills "Rex's post #BillsOTAs day two summary: QB Cassel had a great day, and "the rookie" (Darby) made his first INT."

Any commentary on that from the media watching? Seemed to be saying all the QB sucked.

Didn't hear that about all the QBs. Mostly uneven tweets on EJ & TT, but that could also be due to raised expectations of the two, while you know what you get from Cassell, don't expect much upside and he probably delivered on that.

"Cassel wins the day". Against the #2's?? I'm growing tired of this guy trying to crap on or get clicks at the behest of EJ Manuel. Many of the observers thought all QBs had a rough day. The only TO EJ had was a result of the receiver falling down during his route. Thank God for Sal and his unbiased reporting.

I know there is a separate thread for Dareus contract talks but an 8 word snippet of his comment about the talks was posted here and raised some blood pressures...here's the full comment...not to unreasonable

“We’ll wait and see what the Bills do,” said Dareus. “It weighs on me heavily. Heavily. I’ve got to go out there and really perform and do what I have to do, which I always do—really have fun with it. Whatever the outcome is, is the outcome. However they want to play it is how they play it. I’m excited. I’m excited for the upcoming year.”

Except the new coach just said Galley is an idiot and that it's an open competition.

Did not either. Link or it didn't happen (the Gailey is an idiot part).

As for the rest, it's being billed by the controversy-thriving press as a "stark contrast" but it's really not. Gailey said "right now, Geno is the starter, that's how it sits and that's how we expect it to be". Bowles said "Smith is the QB for the first team during training camp...with Smith being the starter, it's his job to lose, it's (name other QB) to take".

Call me a kook but I just don't see those as contradictory statements or even contrasting.

I know there is a separate thread for Dareus contract talks but an 8 word snippet of his comment about the talks was posted here and raised some blood pressures...here's the full comment...not to unreasonable

to me, it sounds like he would prefer to get it done before the season since it is weighing on him. Makes sense as to why the Bills hope to sign him before TC.

EJ Manuel on OTA's: "We're Having Fun" (7:10)

The Bills quarterback talks about working on his accuracy, the first two days of OTA's, and having the support of his teammates and coaches.

Matt Cassel: "My best football is ahead of me" (5:46)

Bills QB Matt Cassel updates the current quarterback competition, what he wants to accomplish during the OTAs, and why he feels his best football is still ahead of him.

Rex Ryan: "Almost Like Real Football Out There" (14:05)

Head Coach Rex Ryan talks about the first week of OTAs, comments on Marcell Dareus, the QB competition, and defensive back Corey Graham.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Thank you for this. I hate snippets of quotes. I should know better, but sometimes I just accept that was what was said rather than looking it up myself. I know Twitter has a word limit, and I know you get by in the media by basically throwing out click bait, but geez.

@MatthewFairburn

Percy Harvin and Ronald Darby are both getting a shot at returning kicks.

@mikerodak

Boobie Dixon drops a pass. Teammate: "You're a fullback. You're supposed to be blocking anyway."

Percy Harvin taking the first kickoff return reps. Ronald Darby on deck. McKelvin in the hole

I know I'm in the minority but I'd prefer Darby (assuming he's decent) or Thigpen returning kicks. McCorner would not be on my list.

Sal speculated on the air that the one guy who disappointed Rex yesterday was Bryce. Even if he wasn't the guy, he was buried deep in RB rotation today.

Was Ross Cockrell a wasted 4th round pick? Seems to me as if he has very little chance to make the roster with the way things currently are.

He's a sore topic for me.

Sal didn't even mention him today when he was talking DB depth.

He's a sore topic for me.

Sal didn't even mention him today when he was talking DB depth.

In a 7 round draft a 4th round pick should be a contributor to your team. They've gotten virtually nothing from him thus far and it looks as if it'll remain that way w/o a major upset.