Bills' Organized Team Activities: May 26-29

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Williams will be one of the worst FA signings in Bills history.

Didnt someone say we can cut him June 1st and not take a big hit?

CBF

According to OTC, the hit post June 1 is just his amortized signing bonus. I can't figure out the spotrac #, but it doesn't seem to have a pre/post June 1 toggle in the free version or I don't know how to work it.

One of the worst FA signings in Bills history. There have been some doozies and some puzzlers in the past, for sure. Consider Shawne Merriman for example - what did we pay him, for how many games he actually played? TJax? Kolb? for some recent examples. On OL, how about Cornell Green? Are we sure we're past Cornell Green territory here? Now that was a guy who flat out sucked

Really kind of a moot point anyway.

I was very puzzled by the signing at the time. It seemed a lot of guaranteed money for a guy with a history of injuries/missed time who'd been playing on a 1 yr deal, but he did play solidly and start 16 games for the Rams in 2013 and I thought he could be a servicable guard. The only way I could figure it is that Marrone had him ranked much higher than anyone else available because he was a big LT-size guy playing guard, so Whaley paid a premium to ensure we nailed him. Marrone definitely had a boner for "huge hulking behemoths" at guard.

Where I think it may have hurt us is if we didn't take a flyer on other FA guards because we thought we had someone servicable in Williams locked up, and then his injury persists or he otherwise "checks out" and we don't get anything out of him.

Edited by Hopeful

@JoeBuscaglia

One OL combo from L to R: Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller, Kouandjio #Bills

EJ Manuel is with that first group. #Bills

Would be great to see both of these players emerge this season.

@MatthewFairburn

EJ Manuel and Cyrus Kouandjio are both starting out with the first team at OTAs today.

@viccarucci

The #Bills go thorough pre-practice stretching before OTA workout.

CGBLb9pWMAAwkBt.jpg

@AlbertBreer: Was hoping to see @ByTimGraham out here, but I think covering OTAs may now be beneath him.

He was reassigned to the house and garden section. He covers lawn ornaments and tea sets now. It's more up his alley and a good match for his abilities.

@john_kucko

Footballs. Are. Flying. At last! #Bills #BillsMafia #@BuffRumblings #NFL

CGBTOiTUEAA_v7Q.jpg

@SalSports

If I'm not mistaken, I think Matt Cassel just audibles "Boy George." We can all guess interesting meanings for that. #Bills

Woods working outside. Hogan in slot. Then Hogan outside, off line with Gray at TE in the route.

@mikerodak

Bills are rotating 7 guys with their first team OL in 11 on 11s right now. Cyril Richardson, Seantrel Henderson getting time with 1s

EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor splitting reps with 1st team offense. Matt Cassel running the other side of the field with lesser players.

@mikerodak

Wet field causing problems. Marcus Thigpen slips on cut, EJ intercepted by Ron Brooks.

@mikerodak

Not seeing Marquise Goodwin, Chris Williams and rookie WRs Dez Lewis and Andre Davis at today's Bills OTA

@SalSports

Bills start off using fullback and leading the way on first few plays to get legs and juices flowing in OTAs.

i think Goodwin was stuck in Texas with the storms. He was tweeting about all sorts of plane issues on Monday. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think Goodwin was stuck in Texas with the storms. He was tweeting about all sorts of plane issues on Monday.

Makes sense. It's been pretty nasty in the lone star state.

@SalSports

Thigpen falls down which leads to an easy pick for Ron Brooks off EJ pass. EJ follows up with nice throw between defenders to TE.