Bills' Organized Team Activities: May 26-29

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan dismisses talk of EJ roster spot in jeopardy... Says he was impressed how fast he's getting the ball out. @wgrz

So when Rex, and all the coaches say EJ good, then we believe. When they say they are bad, then the reporter took it out of context or is making it up to cause controversy. Got it.

I get confused by how to exactly read what's stated.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when Rex, and all the coaches say EJ good, then we believe. When they say they are bad, then the reporter took it out of context or is making it up to cause controversy. Got it.

It's by design. If it were clear and non-controversial we'd stop clicking

Please. Who in the world are you referring to? Or are you just generalizing everyone on this board? Because I see a lot of varying opinions on all EJ related topics.

And how are you "confused"? Rex denied that they are planning on dumping EJ and then he gave 1 small compliment to EJ...

I know I'm gonna check in here for updates, but I wish I wouldn't... you know it's gonna be pure dramatic over reaction to every bad thing, especially by EJ.

Me too and I agree. But, it will still be exciting.

Please. Who in the world are you referring to? Or are you just generalizing everyone on this board? Because I see a lot of varying opinions on all EJ related topics.

And how are you "confused"? Rex denied that they are planning on dumping EJ and then he gave 1 small compliment to EJ...

It may be a small compliment on it's own, but Rex's only 2 areas of significant criticism for EJ were he wished EJ got the ball out quicker and he wished EJ used his legs more. I'd say that's a good step for EJ, honestly.

I think that when the coaches refer to him as a blind epileptic squirrel, then we'll know for certain.

I think that when the coaches refer to him as a blind epileptic squirrel, then we'll know for certain.

Blind epileptic squirrels do not have slow eyes.

So like, when have Rex and any of the coaches said EJ is bad?

https://instagram.com/p/3J6O6hw2Ht/

Kouandjio looking big.

Bwahahahaha!

As Suggs put in his time, another group of players worked near him. Suggs noticed they were all offensive linemen, as he said, "getting after it."

"I didn't agree with it," the Baltimore Ravens pass-rusher said recently. "I don't agree with offensive linemen getting better."

Suggs said he would wander over to the linemen as they worked to try to discourage them. He left shaking his head at what he saw. "You don't see offensive linemen training like these guys do," Suggs said. "They do some things that I question I could do."

Let's see if it translates to the field.

Edited by Hopeful

So like, when have Rex and any of the coaches said EJ is bad?

When he was hired. Said he would be given a chance but needed to use his legs more. Or when they said he was slow in getting the ball out. Or that they weren't sure and wanted to bring in other QB's to figure out the position.

When he was hired. Said he would be given a chance but needed to use his legs more. Or when they said he was slow in getting the ball out. Or that they weren't sure and wanted to bring in other QB's to figure out the position.

Or when he said "he sure didn't look like he regressed last year"

Wait...

i don't remember anyone saying those things were taken out of context or to cause controversy. I took them at face value. As in, I agree he needs to use his legs more (since he was coached not to last year) and that he should get the ball out quicker. None of those statements are surprising. So Rex has been straightforward imo. Therefore I'll take today's comments at face value as well.

https://instagram.com/p/3J6O6hw2Ht/

Kouandjio looking big.

He's admitted that he wasn't in the best shape at the start of last year. Here's hoping that being forced to ride the pine means that he's ready to live up to his potential this year.

The nice thing about Roman and our Tackle situation is that he can absolutely put 3 tackles on the field at once. (Balco sets)

@viccarucci: QBs Matt Cassel & E.J. Manuel worked w starters as #Bills began OTAs today, Rex Ryan said. Tyrod Taylor & Jeff Tuel worked w backups.

@viccarucci

On Wed, when OTA is open to media, Manuel & Taylor will work w starters, Cassel & Tuel w backups. Ryan: "We'll keep rotating our guys.

VA Bills, the quote was:

"I know EJ is somebody that we looked at when he came out. I think the entire league did. I feel like he has a lot of traits that you look for in a quarterback. He's smart, he's dedicated. I think he has movement skills. I'd like to see him use his legs more than he has. Sometimes, just like we mentioned through coaching and even playing quarterback, I think a little more experience the better you are going to be. The more comfortable you are going to be. He'll certainly be given an opportunity here."

Where in that is he saying EJ was bad? He's not saying "he will be given a chance but..." anything, that's a misquote.

I'd welcome links to the quotes on the other two, but I somewhat doubt either was said exactly that way.

Saying you're going to bring in competition at the QB position is not the same as saying the QB is bad. It's simply saying he's not the entrenched starter and he's got to prove that he can be.

VA Bills, the quote was:

"I know EJ is somebody that we looked at when he came out. I think the entire league did. I feel like he has a lot of traits that you look for in a quarterback. He's smart, he's dedicated. I think he has movement skills. I'd like to see him use his legs more than he has. Sometimes, just like we mentioned through coaching and even playing quarterback, I think a little more experience the better you are going to be. The more comfortable you are going to be. He'll certainly be given an opportunity here."

Where in that is he saying EJ was bad? He's not saying "he will be given a chance but..." anything, that's a misquote.

I'd welcome links to the quotes on the other two, but I somewhat doubt either was said exactly that way.

Saying you're going to bring in competition at the QB position is not the same as saying the QB is bad. It's simply saying he's not the entrenched starter and he's got to prove that he can be.

I think one he was referring to was the first voluntary workout interview.

“The thing I noticed with (Matt) Cassel, the ball comes out in rhythm, it’s here, boom, boom, boom, hitting it,” said Ryan. “EJ was impressive to me today. I’d still like to see it speed up just a tad, but he was impressive. Tyrod made some huge plays today. He throws a deep ball extremely well. You put him on the move he’s a dangerous weapon out there. Tuel wasn’t as impressive. There are a couple of things he’s got to get a little better at, but overall, I was impressed with the group.”

I think one he was referring to was the first voluntary workout interview.

“The thing I noticed with (Matt) Cassel, the ball comes out in rhythm, it’s here, boom, boom, boom, hitting it,” said Ryan. “EJ was impressive to me today. I’d still like to see it speed up just a tad, but he was impressive. Tyrod made some huge plays today. He throws a deep ball extremely well. You put him on the move he’s a dangerous weapon out there. Tuel wasn’t as impressive. There are a couple of things he’s got to get a little better at, but overall, I was impressed with the group.”

I remember that interview...So what. Still doesn't mean Rex said he was "bad"