Brady/Patriots fines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Vincent's letter to Brady it does appear that half the 4 games were for the offense, and half for the uncooperation and coverup and lying to investigators. Winning any appeal implies that the punishment was too much because the player was wronged. it's impossible to be wronged when you didn't cooperate. So two of the games in the suspension should be untouchable. It's possible that one of the two games for the offense could be appealed but there is really no basis for him being wronged on that element either. The science shows it. No one in the world that is not a sociopath honestly believes that Brady didn't know and the stooges did it alone.

The four games should and probably will stand, IMO.

Assuming that Brady acted on his own accord, imagine how pissed Belicheck is at him right now :D There's a fitting german word for what we're all experiencing right now, and that is schadenfreude

Doubt it. At the end of the day, Brady won him another super bowl with a great performance against the hands-down best defense in the league. A pick in the mid-high 20s is chump change compared to that.

Doubt it. At the end of the day, Brady won him another super bowl with a great performance against the hands-down best defense in the league. A pick in the mid-high 20s is chump change compared to that.

Agreed. Any team would take that punishment if it gives them a SB. Brady will be back and those bastard will go 12-4 . That # 1 pick will probably be a # 27-30 anyways, so no biggie there either. Kraft can afford 1 M easily. Overall, I think NE is pretty happy about this.

I have mixed emotions about this. which is good, Because i was already preparing to be rather pissed at the NFL.

Vincent said enough to make the point needed to be made.

Brady cheated and then lied.

On another note i would bet that Bellicheat was on the other end of that phone. at some point.

should we hold our breath for Kraft's apology to the NFL for being presumptuous?

Serious question.....does this keep Tom Brady out of the Hall of Fame?

I read an article the other day 14 of 17 "voters" said they would not let this offense tarnish his accomplishments

no Tommy* until Oct 18th!!!!

the Putrids could be 1-3 by the time Tom* starts to play!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

shouldn't the pro-rated bonus be factored into this too? That sounds way too low.

I was thinking that, too. His salary for this season is around 8m. He got off lucky. The Pats, in theory, could ask for the 1/4 of one year of the total bonus to be repaid but I seriously doubt they would do that.

shouldn't the pro-rated bonus be factored into this too? That sounds way too low.

No. Proration of bonus is only for cap purposes. He's already been paid his bonus up front. The only way the team could possibly recoup some of that is a situation like Hernandez. Even then it's difficult.

I have mixed emotions about this. which is good, Because i was already preparing to be rather pissed at the NFL.

Vincent said enough to make the point needed to be made.

Brady cheated and then lied.

On another note i would bet that Bellicheat was on the other end of that phone. at some point.

should we hold our breath for Kraft's apology to the NFL for being presumptuous?

the Cheatriots are still denying they did no wrong

There's no way coach didn't know, I'm genuinely surprised he didn't get slapped.

There's "more probable than not" with bb knowing. OF COURSE HE KNEW. HE WAS PROBABLY THE GUY WHO TOLD BRADY TO DO IT.

They should make Bill smile once during the year as his penalty.

"The Monday release said that Patriots owner Robert Kraft told NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell last week that two Patriots employees had been indefinitely suspended without pay. The league said that neither man could be reinstated without permission."[/size]

McNally and Jastremsk get fired and Brady gets for games. Brady ordered them to do it, what were they supposed to do? Say no? That would also have got them fired.

Edited by chris heff

There's "more probable than not" with bb knowing. OF COURSE HE KNEW. HE WAS PROBABLY THE GUY WHO TOLD BRADY TO DO IT.

They should make Bill smile once during the year as his penalty.

IDK if the hoodie told him to do it. but, I would think he signed off on it. I don't think they can change brands if TP in that orginazation without the hoodie knowing.

Regardless of what they say publicly, is there one person in the free world (or unfree world for that matter) who believes that Brady didn't know this was happening with Needledee and Needledum, and that these guys did this totally on their own?

IDK if the hoodie told him to do it. but, I would think he signed off on it. I don't think they can change brands if TP in that orginazation without the hoodie knowing.

I seriously doubt Hoodie would ever even think of telling Brady how to throw a football in 2014-15.

This is one of the few things Goodell has gotten right as a commissioner. I'm kinda shocked that really suspended him.

If you really want to be entertain, go to a Pats fan board. Talk of suing for the NFL and being done with football forever. One poster even said once Brady and Belichick retire, he is done. They are such a joke fanbase.

It is also funny that Brady Returns for the Colts game. How convenient.

McNally and Jastremskiget fired and Brady gets for games. Brady ordered them to do it, what were they supposed to do? Say no? That would also have got them fired.

**** rolls downhill.

And judging by the text messages, they weren't entirely willing participants.

Regardless of what they say publicly, is there one person in the free world (or unfree world for that matter) who believes that Brady didn't know this was happening with Needledee and Needledum, and that these guys did this totally on their own?

I'd say about 95% of Pats* fans. They really aren't very smart.

Exactly.

"You know Im cheating right."

"Yeah yeah, keep doing it Tommy boy"

This is one of the few things Goodell has gotten right as a commissioner. I'm kinda shocked that really suspended him.

If you really want to be entertain, go to a Pats fan board. Talk of suing for the NFL and being done with football forever. One poster even said once Brady and Belichick retire, he is done. They are such a joke fanbase.

Well to be fair, you're only a pats** fan if you are winning.

In all honestly, me too. Poster boy getting suspended???

Shocked? Yes. Love it anyway? Hell Yes.

I don't think the penalty will concern Belicheck as much as the association of his legacy with cheating. From the perspective of non-patriots fans, this penalty verifies the fact that the pats cheated and will always be inextricably linked with Belicheck. The media really downplayed spygate, but really jumped all over Brady this time around. When the Patriots/Belicheck dynasty comes up in conversations in the future, the first thought that will pop up in most fans' minds is 'oh, you mean the guys that cheated? I remember them'