Brady/Patriots fines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Monday release said that Patriots owner Robert Kraft told NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell last week that two Patriots employees had been indefinitely suspended without pay. The league said that neither man could be reinstated without permission."

These are the guys you want to speak to in the future. TB has appeals, TB is rich beyond their wildest dreams, and these chumps are indef suspended by the team? Wondering why that is when the whole thing was caused by atmospheric conditions....but TB is hanging them out to dry.

I don't think the penalty will concern Belicheck as much as the association of his legacy with cheating. From the perspective of non-patriots fans, this penalty verifies the fact that the pats cheated and will always be inextricably linked with Belicheck. The media really downplayed spygate, but really jumped all over Brady this time around. When the Patriots/Belicheck dynasty comes up in conversations in the future, the first thought that will pop up in most fans' minds is 'oh, you mean the guys that cheated? I remember them'

That's a good point. I would imagine that Belichick is furious with Brady right now, as is Kraft. I really don't think either of them knew, although I do think the culture they both created of cheating and dishonesty helped Brady rationalize his decision to just blatantly disregard and break the rules.

Belichick and Kraft, of course, owe a lot of their success to Brady, so they can't do anything about it and they can't really complain all that much. But because they are both arrogant scumbags only concerned with themselves, I bet they hate Brady right now and aren't thinking of the fact that he was more responsible for their success than anyone else.

These are the guys you want to speak to in the future. TB has appeals, TB is rich beyond their wildest dreams, and these chumps are indef suspended by the team? Wondering why that is when the whole thing was caused by atmospheric conditions....but TB is hanging them out to dry.

You mean "the deflator" and the other "idiot"

Regardless of what they say publicly, is there one person in the free world (or unfree world for that matter) who believes that Brady didn't know this was happening with Needledee and Needledum, and that these guys did this totally on their own?

I seriously doubt Hoodie would ever even think of telling Brady how to throw a football in 2014-15.

that wasn't my point. I alluded that if your star QB is going to bend rules for an advantage on a very high profile team.He would run it by his cheating coach to cover his butt.

Speaking of hanging people out to dry...

Let's all look back and remember Belichick's first press conference on the matter, when he basically said "I know nothing" and hung Brady out to dry,

That makes this all the better.

that wasn't my point. I alluded that if your star QB is going to bend rules for an advantage on a very high profile team.He would run it by his cheating coach to cover his butt.

I agree in theory. Not with Brady though. He's just like Belichick, doesn't think the rules apply to him.

I couldn't care less about the Patriots legacy and all that crap.

This means we win Week 2 against the Pats, even if the suspension is reduced.

I don't see it going from 4 to below 2.

If we can come up large against Indy, we could be off to a great start this season with 2 of our toughest games converted to WINS.

This is huge.

Bahaha

@realDonaldTrump: They had no definitive proof against Tom Brady or #patriots. If Hillary doesn't have to produce Emails, why should Tom? Very unfair!

Because Hillary Clinton was subpoenaed by Congress, and Tom Brady was asked by Troy Vincent, you blowhard.

This dope who ran for president and tried to buy a football team proves in one tweet that he's unqualified to own a football team or be president.

Because Hillary Clinton was subpoenaed by Congress, and Tom Brady was asked by Troy Vincent, you blowhard.

This dope who ran for president and tried to buy a football team proves in one tweet that he's unqualified to own a football team or be president.

Or tweet.

He was embarassed because he still has an old iphone. Iphone 1 1/2

Just kidding.

Yea but that makes you retro. Kinda like his faux hawk when it was 4 years after it was cool.

Or tweet.

:lol::lol:

Speaking of hanging people out to dry...

Let's all look back and remember Belichick's first press conference on the matter, when he basically said "I know nothing" and hung Brady out to dry,

That makes this all the better.

I can't believe I'm defending Belichick but even in the report they mentioned that after it happened, BB approached TB and asked him flat out if he did it, and TB assured him no. Which is what he said in his press conference. That is what made me believe BB didn't know a thing about it. I think he is the Devil Incarnate, but if he did know about it, and made that conversation completely up, that would be not only throwing Brady under the bus but tying him to the railroad tracks like Snidely Whiplash.

I can't believe I'm defending Belichick but even in the report they mentioned that after it happened, BB approached TB and asked him flat out if he did it, and TB assured him no. Which is what he said in his press conference. That is what made me believe BB didn't know a thing about it. I think he is the Devil Incarnate, but if he did know about it, and made that conversation completely up, that would be not only throwing Brady under the bus but tying him to the railroad tracks like Snidely Whiplash.

But he still dodged responsibility and put it all on his QB. I've never seen a coach do that before - stand up and basically wash their hands of a team issue. Usually it's at least "I'm still responsible, although not culpable."

Wow..Pats fans are delusional. They are having serious conversations about Goodell having been with the Jets like 100 years ago as why Brady got punished. That's right. Goodell waited patiently...became commissioner just so he could suspend Brady.

So the first game against the Pats is a guaranteed win for the Bills, right?

Hardly. They're a great team without Brady too.

Edited by jeremy2020

The real brain is the hoodie, not the dork TB.

How do we know that conversation took place exactly like BB says it did

"TB you're taking the fall for this, it's your turn"

Im sorrry but they're both cheaters and liars. Now you trust the hoodie????

But he still dodged responsibility and put it all on his QB. I've never seen a coach do that before - stand up and basically wash their hands of a team issue. Usually it's at least "I'm still responsible, although not culpable."

True. This is Belichick though. It's tough to beat a more arrogant, rules-don't-apply-to-me triumvirate than Kraft-Belichick-Brady. BB is only worried about himself not TB.

This is one of the few things Goodell has gotten right as a commissioner. I'm kinda shocked that really suspended him.

If you really want to be entertain, go to a Pats fan board. Talk of suing for the NFL and being done with football forever. One poster even said once Brady and Belichick retire, he is done. They are such a joke fanbase.

It is also funny that Brady Returns for the Colts game. How convenient.

The fanbase has only existed since 2004... What can you expect.

The real brain is the hoodie, not the dork TB.

How do we know that conversation took place exactly like BB says it did

"TB you're taking the fall for this, it's your turn"

Im sorrry but they're both cheaters and liars. Now you trust the hoodie????

As I said, I think Belichick is actually Lucifer, and I don't think he did that. ;)

The punishment is excessive all the way around-

Too many games

Too big a fine

Loss of draft picks wasn't needed at all

This will only serve to motivate brady to come back and win the super bowl that much more next year. With no one really to stand in their way, I can see that happening too.

Edited by JTSP