Brady/Patriots fines

Aaron Williams ‏@ajwilliams23 8m8 minutes ago

Not trying to justify the punishment was wrong or anything. I just want to play against the best, and week 2 I want my Defense to play Brady

90 retweets 145 favorites
Aaron Williams @ajwilliams23 · 17m 17 minutes ago

Bills Coach Upset with Brady Suspension: 'Let Him Play' (via http://ble.ac/teamstream ) I second that! #LetemPlay http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-ryan-chance-winning-afc-east-pumped-article-1.2218552

"The Jets’ revamped secondary, frightening defensive line and improved wide receiver corps shouldn’t be overlooked and the Dolphins’ acquisition of Ndamukong Suh makes them hard to ignore, but the Bills are best positioned to dethrone New England."

“I know it’s been 15 years since the Bills made the playoffs,” Ryan said after he got the new gig. “Well, get ready. Man, we’re going.”

He’s right.

Rex Ryan will finally get his revenge against the Evil Empire."

Hey Aaron, how about you just go ahead and get the job done vs. the backup, then you can make that statement in regards to the impending rematch,. You've had a number of cracks against the best. Thus far, it's pretty clear who beats who. Take care of the team that takes the field first, then worry about who wasn't out there. Will look hella bad if you don't.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question.....does this keep Tom Brady out of the Hall of Fame?

Only if a strong media person who votes for Hall of Fame candidates decides to really campaign for him to not be first round ballet Hall of Fame player.

This is one of the few things Goodell has gotten right as a commissioner. I'm kinda shocked that really suspended him.

If you really want to be entertain, go to a Pats fan board. Talk of suing for the NFL and being done with football forever. One poster even said once Brady and Belichick retire, he is done. They are such a joke fanbase.

It is also funny that Brady Returns for the Colts game. How convenient.

Since he cheated (only time documented) that game and any playoff game against them Brady should be suspended.

Works out great for the Bills - They are the only team in the division that is guaranteed a Brady-free game vs. the Pats**!

Don't you think NFL knew this when suspension was being considered?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/11/why-didnt-belichick-receive-punishment-for-deflategate/

"Goodell’s decision to tiptoe around Belichick lends credence to one of the popular rumors/urban legends surrounding the NFL’s curious decision to hastily destroy the SpyGate evidence surrendered by Belichick in 2007. As the rumor/urban legend goes, the Spygate-related information given to the NFL consisted of evidence of cheating not only by the Patriots but also by multiple other teams, in multiple other ways. As the folklore also goes, Belichick vowed to go public with chapter-and-verse detail about cheating throughout the league if the league were to mess with the Patriots again."

I have no doubt that there are WAY worse things going on in the NFL than ball deflation. I expect there to be more accusations against teams in the coming seasons. The Colts claimed that it was common knowledge that the Pats were letting the air out of the balls...but no one filed a complaint before this. Now Belichick is pissed, and I can easily see him stirring things up.

The Colts claimed that it was common knowledge that the Pats were letting the air out of the balls...but no one filed a complaint before this.

The Dolts knew about it and say it was "common knowledge", yet Bill B and Robert Kraft didn't know about it?

Right.

Riddle me this: If Kraft is convinced that there was no tampering (which he has said), why were the two employees suspended without pay by the team, even prior to the NFL decision? What were the team's grounds for suspending them?

Serious question, I don't remember reading anything about this, but the team must have had some grounds. Exposing the balls to germs in the restroom?

I hate agreeing with him ...

Robert Kraft: Todays punishment far exceeded any reasonable expectation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/11/robert-kraft-todays-punishment-far-exceeded-any-reasonable-expectation/

First, the rest of the quote because it makes Kraft look like an idiot:

"...It was based completely on circumstantial rather than hard or conclusive evidence,”.

Uh yea Robert, did you not read the report? The report states "a preponderance of evidence" is needed to assess guilt. As for the "far exceeded any reasonable expectation, just look at Anthony Hargrove. He was suspended for 8 games, later reduced to 2, for lying to the NFL.

I hate agreeing with him ...

Robert Kraft: Todays punishment far exceeded any reasonable expectation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/11/robert-kraft-todays-punishment-far-exceeded-any-reasonable-expectation/

Then don't. Perhaps shift your thinking to that where it is reasonable to expect people to get some sort of punishment for cheating and lying.

For everyone who thinks that 4 games is reasonable......imagine if you caught somebody cheating in a home poker game. A 15 minute suspension from play would be appropriate for that wouldn't it?

The Nazis did complain the Americans were racist against Germans.

So you're saying Patriots fans are like Nazis?

My Aunt and grandmother (both buffalonians) think that Tommy boy is a saint and such a stand up guy that could never lie. I think I might disown those two from my family/life. They deserve it.

Understandable

I wouldn't be surprised if under appeal, Brady gets the suspension knocked down to two to three games. Competitively, I'm hoping it sticks at four as it is possible to see the Pats go 1-3. The Cowboys will run all over the Pats in week 4. Who knows on the Steelers, and I know we will be better with the infusion of talent primarily from free agency.

The nice thing is the loss of draft picks will be tough on the Pats. They are close to the cap so they have to use primarily the draft to deal with some of their older players.

Sorry I have not read the whole thread, so sorry if repeating some things

My thoughts

1) seems like overkill to me. I think one game would have been okay with me.

2) because it's so harsh, the league must really feel confident in the science, the report and their own punishment.

3) I find it strange as hell that Brady has not vehemently denied the findings of the report. To me, having his agent release statements is just not the same. Has he ever said unequivocally , I have zero knowledge and zero involvement in any activities that lead to the balls being below acceptable levels...repeat zero knowledge and zero involvement.

4) be interesting to see if Brady does go outside of the NFL process to get this reduced. If he is totally innocent, he will even if reduced to two games under the NFL process.as Marlo Stanfield so famously said" MY NAME IS MY NAME" If not, we will know he is worried about subeaona power and the full discovery that will be compelled, not requested.

Edited by plenzmd1

Sorry I have not read the whole thread, so sorry if repeating some things

My thoughts

1) seems like overkill to me. I think one game would have been okay with me.

2) because it's so harsh, the league must really feel confident in the science, the report and their own punishment.

3) I find it strange as hell that Brady has not vehemently denied the findings of the report. To me, having his agent release statements is just not the same. Has he ever said unequivocally , I have zero knowledge and zero involvement in any activities that lead to the balls being below acceptable levels...repeat zero knowledge and zero involvement.

4) be interesting to see if Brady does go outside of the NFL process to get this reduced. If he is totally innocent, he will even if reduced to two games under the NFL process.as Marlo Stanfield so famously said" MY NAME IS MY NAME" If not, we will know he is worried about subeaona power and the full discovery that will be compelled, not requested.

Brady bold-faced lied and the Patriots have given the league yet another black eye in terms of the credibility of the game. One could view that the Patriots are lucky to even have Brady this year, because the evidence regarding fumble frequency seems to point that the deflation of footballs has been going on for years. People talk about the Colt game and what a blow out it was, but what about the Patriots beating the Ravens by a close 35-31 margin the week before?

I'm kind of shocked that the league is actually doing something substantial. Makes me think that the league was afraid of being perceived as on-the-level as pro wrestling. I do think that the question remains with fans whether the league manufactures results when they can through their refs and scheduling.

I'm disappointed that Brady won't be there for the Patriots/Bills game. I want the Bills to be the team to end the Patriots long dominance with Brady in the game. If the Bills win it won't be the same as beating them with Brady. If the Bills lose that game, wow...whoever's the Bills QB in that game probably won't see another start the rest of the season.

Look, if people want to make the argument of, "Oh, we want to beat Brady at his best!"

Well congraut-u-f*cking-lations, you're going to get the chance on MNF, on the road against a pissed off Brady.Quit your bitching. In the meanwhile, I shall heartily enjoy the idea of NOT playing Brady.

I read that Brady was upset the Dareus might miss his game week 2. He said beating the Bills without Dareus would be a hollow victory.

Psyche! Brady don't care.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

First, the rest of the quote because it makes Kraft look like an idiot:

"...It was based completely on circumstantial rather than hard or conclusive evidence,.

Uh yea Robert, did you not read the report? The report states "a preponderance of evidence" is needed to assess guilt. As for the "far exceeded any reasonable expectation, just look at Anthony Hargrove. He was suspended for 8 games, later reduced to 2, for lying to the NFL.

Today's word is "obfuscation." The act of obscuring the intended meaning of a communication, being willfully ambiguous or harder to understand, or what the Patriots** and their lackeys are doing with maximum effort.