Brady/Patriots fines

If Garappolo replaces Brady like Brady replaced Bledsoe, I'm looking for a new hobby.

Be careful what you wish for , right ?

2nd best birthday present i got :D

Happy belated. i was going to send a card. but thought this event was even better

:thumbsup:

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet: #Patriots owner Robert Kraft: Tom Brady has our unconditional support. Our belief in him has not wavered.

@RapSheet: Kraft: Despite our conviction there was no tampering with footballs, it was our intention to accept any discipline levied by the league.

Ford Pinto? I guess you've never driven a Trabant.

:w00t:

wow. and i get the vehicular reference. thats a bit frightening

f proper sentence structure DC. all hoighty toighty in your balcony. let me turn up some sex pistols for you

idiot trabant, right LOL

you guys are so uncool. love it

Thats harsh all the way around.

One quarter of the season starting QB sits. Really bothers me one of those games may be against us too. Really wanted to see Rex's D get after him. I think 2 games at most was the right call. Would have been OK with none too

$1 million is crazy when spygate was only $500k. Spygate was more egregious and had the far bigger impact on game outcomes.

Loss of 2016 first round pick. .....harshest of all, wow. Surprised picks were even involved. So given large fine and loss of pick are they penalizing the franchise because bellichick knew?

I disagree that "spygate was more egregious." It may have had a bigger impact, but it was something that happened outside of the 60 minutes of game time. This is meddling with the official game equipment. It's what the Colorado Rockies were accused of by the SF Giants a couple years ago -- that they used different baseballs (those not stored in a humidor, hence drier/harder) when they were at bat than when the Giants were at bat. There seemed to be nothing to that allegation, hence no punishment. But if it had been shown to be true -- even if by a "more likely than not" standard -- that's tampering with the actual conduct of the game, and it deserves a harsher punishment than all the other things like PED use by an individual player, or text messages from the box to the sideline, or any of the other things that don't involve actual cheating with official game equipment. I think the suspension is calculated to allow for some reduction -- say, 4 games to 2 for Brady, the restoration of that 4th round 2017 pick for the Pats, etc. Actually, the Brady suspension is the most likely to be changed since the union will get involved there, whereas Kraft has little recourse given the owners' agreement with the NFL.

Probably a stupid question, but it's the pats so anything can happen: do the four games automatically have to be the first four? Also, if he waits until just before the season to appeal, can he play while the appeal is being heard?

Also, seems like a big issue the NFL had with NE was that NE didn't cooperate with the investigation by making McNally available a second time. The Wells report stated again and again that NE didn't make McNally available a second time or even ask McNally. Maybe Wells and NE thought McNally would break during a second interview. Therefore, NE didn't make McNally available and the NFL punishes harder.

Edited by Nihilist25

The punishment is excessive all the way around-

Too many games

Too big a fine

Loss of draft picks wasn't needed at all

This will only serve to motivate brady to come back and win the super bowl that much more next year. With no one really to stand in their way, I can see that happening too.

Okay, Mr. Brady.

Actually, the Brady suspension is the most likely to be changed since the union will get involved there, whereas Kraft has little recourse given the owners' agreement with the NFL.

Kraft already stated NE isn't going to fight the team punishment.

It's a general meltdown in New England. Fans are at full freak out.

the narrative i am hearing nationaly is that jimmy g is still better than all the other QBs in the division anyway, he will be at worst 3-1 when brady gets back, and the silver lining is he will get the 4 games of experience under his belt. Plus he will have all summer to prepare, brady will avoid risk of getting hurt in the preseason since he won't play, and of course the pats did this all before with Cassel. Ted Wells is the new Mo Lewis, yo! They are soooo excited to see Jimmy!

How's that for sunshine and lollipops?

Edited by YoloinOhio

@RapSheet: #Patriots owner Robert Kraft: Tom Brady has our unconditional support. Our belief in him has not wavered.

@RapSheet: Kraft: Despite our conviction there was no tampering with footballs, it was our intention to accept any discipline levied by the league.

Yeah, you will take the punishment, Mr. Kraft. You aren't going to argue against the texts, the video of your employee inexplicably taking the balls into the bathroom, the autographed footballs and shoes, the refusal to fully cooperate, and the neutral scientific analysis. Edited by Nihilist25