Brady/Patriots fines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I meant is he can't ask for a reduction in the penalty and then continue to do the very thing he's being penalized for--not cooperating..

That would be like a crook saying -- "Reduce my sentance, judge, but don't expect me to give back what I stole..."

Rice was reduced because of his gf/fiance's plea. Brady doesn't have that option.

What I meant is he can't ask for a reduction in the penalty and then continue to do the very thing he's being penalized for--not cooperating..

That would be like a crook saying -- "Reduce my sentance, judge, but don't expect me to give back what I stole..."

That's why I think he has no basis whatsoever for appeal. Which is why he will get it reduced. ;)

I think it's a little harsh, but what I expected. Of course, it doesn't change my thinking that Brady and Belichick are the greatest of all-time. I doubt there will be much fall off in their performance either.

I'm a little disappointed that the Bills won't have a chance to beat them at full-strength in week 2.

I wonder if Jerry Jones pushed for a 4-game suspension?

No doubt great show will be made of the ball pressure throughout the season.

This is one of the few things Goodell has gotten right as a commissioner. I'm kinda shocked that really suspended him.

If you really want to be entertain, go to a Pats fan board. Talk of suing for the NFL and being done with football forever. One poster even said once Brady and Belichick retire, he is done. They are such a joke fanbase.

It is also funny that Brady Returns for the Colts game. How convenient.

They needed this excuse for their bandwagon ways.

Yeah, I think it may drop to two games, after much bad PR for the NFL generated by Yee and the Pats surrogates. Sort of a split decision that nobody likes...

That's why I thought it would be 8 - so they could drop it to 4 on appeal. I'd be mildly surprised if they dropped it from 4. 8, down to 4 looks very tough, but forgiving. 4 to 2 just looks weak.

Yeah, I think it may drop to two games, after much bad PR for the NFL generated by Yee and the Pats surrogates. Sort of a split decision that nobody likes...

That would be so cowardly, and I don't really believe that. 90% of NFL fans don't really like the patriots or Brady. They will not like Yee's statements at all for the farce that it is. I don't see how what Yee says hurts the NFL. If anything it reinforces the idea these people are arrogant lying sociopaths.

McNally and Jastremsk get fired and Brady gets for games. Brady ordered them to do it, what were they supposed to do? Say no? That would also have got them fired.

Not neccesarily. You suggest if you get fired you're going to tell the press what they were asking you to do. Whistle-blowers are protected by law (in theory - in reality eventually they are blackballed, which is why there are so few).

Yee has been pretty harmful in Brady's case if you ask me.

I disagree,

Unless some different info comes out, there is no basis for reduction.

Public pressure against reduction will be just as vocal, or more, as those you cited.

Yee has been pretty harmful in Brady's case if you ask me.

If Yee's involved in Brady's appeal, this could be the first time in history that someone gets their penalty increased on appeal.

God, I hope Yee's involved. That would be hilarious. Like having a truther testify at the 9/11 hearings.

That would be so cowardly, and I don't really believe that. 90% of NFL fans don't really like the patriots or Brady. They will not like Yee's statements at all for the farce that it is. I don't see how what Yee says hurts the NFL. If anything it reinforces the idea these people are arrogant lying sociopaths.

Yee and the Pats will have a week or more to make bad PR for a league obsessed with its marketing image. The networks and major advertising partners will be working the back channels. And if the NFLPA goes hard to support TB, I can see Goodell saying half a loaf is better than none....

Listen to this dude lol...

I knew it. I just knew it. 4-6 games I thought.

What a bunch of corrupt, utter scumbags.

There will be a MASSIVE backlash over this.

$1 Million fine? 1st round draft pick lost? Suspension for 4 games? This is utter lunacy.

And again here...

Tom Brady gets twice the punishment that Ray Rice got? For allegedly doing something for which there is no proof?

Sit back everyone and enjoy this ride because the NFL have just crucified themselves. Can you imagine the female fan base reacting to this? Womens groups?

I am actually going to enjoy Roger and the league getting ripped to shreds over this.

Best part? Roberto71 is from Ireland lol