Brady/Patriots fines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will say Wells wrote the report, Vincent doled out the punishment, he has played no role so far so is completey unbiased.

I myself would like to see a truly independent person in charge, like the judge who did the Ray Rice appeal. If they guilty, they guilty.

Goodell hearing the appeal just guarantees the narrative that the NFL is out to get the Pats.

I say let me think that, who cares. I think Goodell hearing the appeal is the only way the suspension sticks.

I'm thinking that old Roger has been pushed far enough by the Patriots** nonsense WRT Deflategate. He's going to force Brady** & the Cheatriots** to either go to court or back down. Discovery rules give the NFL Brady**'s phone & e-mail records...

The Patriots' "science expert" that has a previous relationship with Kraft...yes, he has a Nobel Prize. In chemistry. For the study of ion channels in cell membranes. He's an MD and a biochemist, and a professor at Rockefeller University.

Does anyone want to venture a guess as to why the Patriots thought him qualified to comment on the issue?

In all fairness, speaking as someone who his bachelors in Biochem, a biochemist should understand Ideal Gas theory. You do get into partial pressures as air composition changes, and as temperatures drop, but the simulated tests from an outside lab would be the most reliable.

My only guess is that there is just a massive overabundance of hot air in the Patriots locker room.

Wait guys! I figured it out! XD

I'm thinking that old Roger has been pushed far enough by the Patriots** nonsense WRT Deflategate. He's going to force Brady** & the Cheatriots** to either go to court or back down. Discovery rules give the NFL Brady**'s phone & e-mail records...

& Jermesky and McNally to testify under oath. There is no way they want to go to court.

In all fairness, speaking as someone who his bachelors in Biochem, a biochemist should understand Ideal Gas theory. You do get into partial pressures as air composition changes, and as temperatures drop, but the simulated tests from an outside lab would be the most reliable.

My only guess is that there is just a massive overabundance of hot air in the Patriots locker room.

Wait guys! I figured it out! XD

Yes...but my point isn't that he doesn't know the Ideal Gas Law. My point is that they counter "Princeton physics professor" (the chair of the department, no less) with "Nobel prize-winning scientist" with the expectation that it's somehow a valid rebuttal.

And not only is it not a valid rebuttal, it's not even a valid application of the fallacy of argument to authority, since the only authority they're arguing their "expert" has is a medal from the King of Sweden. It's a new logical fallacy of "argument to shiny object."

Yes...but my point isn't that he doesn't know the Ideal Gas Law. My point is that they counter "Princeton physics professor" (the chair of the department, no less) with "Nobel prize-winning scientist" with the expectation that it's somehow a valid rebuttal.

And not only is it not a valid rebuttal, it's not even a valid application of the fallacy of argument to authority, since the only authority they're arguing their "expert" has is a medal from the King of Sweden. It's a new logical fallacy of "argument to shiny object."

Sweden blows.