Brady/Patriots fines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about the $1 million fine: Isn't it really a $1 million fine with a $1.8 million plus rebate?

yes. It was reported earlier that instead of brady paying the fine to charity, the pats simply will not pay him that portion of his salary. They actually save money, both in cash and cap.

There will be zero impact on the broadcast agreements. They are etched in stone through 2022 as it is. And even though they pay exorbitant fees for those rights, the networks are and have been the tail getting wagged by the NFL dog. Also, I doubt that the absence of a star player would even move the needle on ratings, even a little bit.

GO BILLS!!!

I was typing that same thing but didn't want to get into it. The league is not affected by ratings for the most part because they are so high. That is why a team is not needed in LA. The networks pay as much as they possibly can for the rights because it's literally the biggest game around. If there is a loss in viewership the networks and local affiliates not the league loses the potential money. But as I said, the viewership is 90% (or whatever number) anti-Pats**.

We're not talking about the same thing. You're both smarter than that - read what I wrote:

So really, there's only one consideration as to what Goodell will or will not do: is perceived magnitude of the impact on broadcast agreements great enough that Goodell will cave like the spineless jellyfish he is? It doesn't even matter what the actual impact is (probably nothing), it only matters what Goodell perceives it to be (again, reference "hitting a woman" vs. "being caught on tape hitting a woman.")

I'd rather be bitter than a cheater. ;)

The fact that the Pats** are great or do not need to cheat does not in any way diminish the fact or dishonesty or implications of the cheating. You act like it does.

I'm not a cheater, or bitter. And if you are telling me you would rather be a bitter football fan than a 4 time NFL Champ, MVP QB widely considered the greatest of all time, who deflated the ball....well, I just don't believe you.

15 years of bitterness on display.

Not at all. TBH I would rather TB and the Pats were not liars and cheaters. Thing is they are not quite up to the picture perfect image that they themselves probably believe they are and would like the rest of the world to also believe they are. IMO deflating the game balls is not a big deal and in no way detracts from their on field success (although I do question the remarkably low rate of Patriot fumbles since 2006). But the more they aggressively deny, insult and threaten the league authorities (Yee = Brady), the more damage is done to the player's and the team's legacy and the worse they look and in fact are.

I'm not a cheater, or bitter. And if you are telling me you would rather be a bitter football fan than a 4 time NFL Champ, MVP QB widely considered the greatest of all time, who deflated the ball....well, I just don't believe you.

I'm not bitter at all, so the hypothetical doesn't apply. And it isn't a choice between being a fan of the Bills or the Patriots. Fans like most here don't have choices on who to root for. You seem to.

I'm not bitter at all, so the hypothetical doesn't apply. And it isn't a choice between being a fan of the Bills or the Patriots. Fans like most here don't have choices on who to root for. You seem to.

Where have you seen me "rooting" for the Patriots? I'm 100% Bills fan. I follow no other sports team, at all.

Solomon "Beeolz" Wilcots and the morning crew on SiriusXM were portraying that narrative.

More like "Beeuwz."

Where have you seen me "rooting" for the Patriots? I'm 100% Bills fan. I follow no other sports team, at all.

:lol: Right. Those wet dreams with Brady and Belichik don't count? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Right. All your desperate grasping at any excuse to absolve Brady of any responsibility for cheating is solely an expression of your Zen-like state of enlightenment.

You just said would I choose to be bitter, or to follow a team with the greatest qb ever, and then said you wouldn't believe me if I said I wouldn't choose to follow the Patriots. That means you would rather choose the latter than the former, follow the Patriots.

I'm proudly bitter, and plan on being so until I enter the grave. Because the Bills lost 4 in a row to NFC teams (in a long 13-year string of NFC dominance), the consensus was that they were an inferior team -- despite going 14-0 against the NFC in those 4 seasons (I don't count the 2 final-game-of-the-season losses in 1990 and 1991, when the Bills rested their starters because they had wrapped up home field advantage). I now root for the AFC every year, and I hope that in particular the Cowboys and Redskins suffer through miserable seasons every year. If the Pats had to play the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, I'd root for the Pats to win 52-17. I actually went to the 52-17 game and sat amidst a sea of preening and unbearable Cowboys fans. When Beebe stripped Lett, I stood up and started yelling and cheering very loudly while the dozens of Cowboys fans surrounding me jeered. Screw 'em, and screw their toad-like owner. I'll root for the Cowboys and the Redskins over my dead body. I don't like the Giants, but for whatever reason I don't hate them as much. Perhaps because the Bills had the game in their hands but blew it at the end (thanks for missing a block on Thurman's final run, Al Edwards).

And if you are telling me you would rather be a bitter football fan than a 4 time NFL Champ, MVP QB widely considered the greatest of all time cheater, who deflated the ball....well, I just don't believe you.

This is what I'm telling you, and you can absolutely believe it.

This is what I'm telling you, and you can absolutely believe it.

100%

:lol: I for one would welcome a Kraft v Goodell duel with pistols. No matter who is victorious, it'd be a win for humanity.