Brady/Patriots fines

As a Bills fan, this scares me. They have VERY LITTLE evidence that Brady did anything wrong -- they IGNORED the fact that the ref thought he had used the gauge that would have shown little, if any, deflation. And since when does someone have to turn over a phone to prove innocence?

We might not like the Pats, but this should scare EVERY NFL FAN. It was a witch hunt.

They should now go after Aaron Rodgers for over-inflating balls. Suspend him. Have the teams that warmed the balls forfeit draft picks.

Pathetic.

And the sad thing is that Jimmy G is probably going to win 2 or 3 of the games he starts, and then the Pats are going to go 12-0 and win the SB again.

The Bills are 2-3 years away from this sort of thing helping them.

Rodgers didn't conspire to tamper official league equipment behind the official's back. That's the difference.

These guys need to get a life

@PzFeed: Patriots protesters handcuffed themselves together in lobby of NFL offices. Expecting police arrival. (@LAKEdwards) http://t.co/ZOvB2Vx5vD

Quarterback Lives Matter!

What a bunch of retards.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard excerpts of Wells' phone interview on ESPN and he sounds pissed. And all because of the attacks by Yee and the Pats* in the aftermath of the report's release. If I were Goodell I would demand that Yee and the Pats* cease and desist immediately or Brady is gone for the year. There should be ZERO tolerance for trying to impugn the fine reputation of Wells or any other investigator working at the behest of the league.

Zero class.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree

This is getting better and better. And I thought Brady's agent's statement would be the best part. A gofundme to pay the fine? Fans getting arrested? Fans not wanting a SUPER BOWL banner raised (lowered, in this case, I guess.) Holy sh!t. Wonderful.

Brief Intro to a CBS article I got in my e-mail. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25181635/patriots-will-fight-suspension-and-use-it-as-motivation-on-the-field

Jason La Canfora:

Title: "Patriots will fight suspension, and use it as motivation on the field"

Subtitle"The Deflategate punishment for Tom Brady and the Patriots is harsher than expected, but this is an organization that overcomes adversity time and again."

So now, this isn't their fault, but they will use it as motivation on the field, and will overcome the adversity and cruelty that is the NFL. You can't make this BS up. :censored:

How are they going to overcome adversity and cruelty when they can't cheat?

Exactly.

They did those things in the open. The Patriots conspired behind the officials back to do this and then act like a bunch of !@#$s when they get caught.

It's not even "they did those things in the open." Rodgers gave the balls to the officials and let them do their job. Brady actively conspired to circumvent the officials. That's why it's cheating.

Funny thing is, the truth has a funny way of coming out sooner or later.

I can't imagine the suspended staffers were paid enough to take all the heat.

If they were paid at all, that is more conspiracy...

I can understand the outrage by fans but not the team and Brady's agent. It is over the top. But all of them have one thing in common: they are TOTALLY out of touch with how the rest of the nation feels about the issue. I mean RIDICULOUSLY out of touch. They need a reality check.

And the more they chirp, the more Brady loses credibility.

GO BILLS!!!

True, fans will be crazy and out of touch no matter what. It is their definition. I think Brady's agent is using that fanaticism to further his own goals as well though.

They are really out of touch though haha. They are talking defamation, Wells losing the license, Brady taking the Nuclear option, Kraft taking the nuclear option, Court battles, etc... There are a select few of them that are saying things like this though at least: "maybe we are seeing through our pats fans eyes..people elsewhere e.g reddit think wells nailed in the presser and no way even an independent arbitrator reduces the suspension."

Edit: And then are there statements like these: "Just like we've all been taught in Arbitration 101: The best way to stand by your unbiased, objective report when it comes under criticism, is by further alienating one side by trashing them to the press, acting neurotically defensive, and uttering regretful statements that destroy your own scientific fabrications."

Man are they blinded by what they themselves are saying.

Edited by What a Tuel

Goodell needs to take care of this now. Cease and desist on those attacking the guy he (presumable) hired to handle this.

With one team aggressively attacking the head office, the league is going to start hemorrhaging credibility soon if Goodell doesn't address this.

He really needs to stand up and say "There's an appeals process. This isn't it. It's a further million-dollar-a-day fine for conduct detrimental to the league if you keep this up."

With one team aggressively attacking the head office, the league is going to start hemorrhaging credibility soon if Goodell doesn't address this.

He really needs to stand up and say "There's an appeals process. This isn't it. It's a further million-dollar-a-day fine for conduct detrimental to the league if you keep this up."

^This. The league is being assailed by a member club and it's well within his purview to do just what you suggest. I submit it's his duty to the other 31 clubs in the league.

GO BILLS!!!

Just sat down at an airport bar and watching ESPN for the first time in as long as I can remember (cut the cable cord almost 2 years ago at home).

"No matter what, people will always remember (Brady) for one thing - being suspended for 4 games for violating the integrity of the game after winning a Super Bowl."

Has TV really gotten THIS much better since I stopped watching it? Just my luck.

This clown show shall pass. Recall: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/a-rod-supporters-protest-mlb-offices-article-1.1472410

Just heard excerpts of Wells' phone interview on ESPN and he sounds pissed. And all because of the attacks by Yee and the Pats* in the aftermath of the report's release. If I were Goodell I would demand that Yee and the Pats* cease and desist immediately or Brady is gone for the year. There should be ZERO tolerance for trying to impugn the fine reputation of Wells or any other investigator working at the behest of the league.

Zero class.

GO BILLS!!!

cooooooome on..... they look like idiots doing it, but it would be another in a long line of rules the nfl probably doesnt need. criticize the ref, fines. criticize the investigator, ban for a year?

cooooooome on..... they look like idiots doing it, but it would be another in a long line of rules the nfl probably doesnt need. criticize the ref, fines. criticize the investigator, ban for a year?

Can you clarify this? Are you saying Wells is the "instigator?"

GO BILLS!!!

Can you clarify this? Are you saying Wells is the "instigator?"

GO BILLS!!!

it said investigator. i just think it would be a silly rule to dole out full year suspensions based on that.

go ahead and fine them just like they would for criticizing a ref

No, I don't. I don't pay that much attention to baseball. I also don't recall the Yankees throwing a temper tantrum and threatening legal action over it like the Pats are doing.

Actually, the Yankees have refused to pay A-Rod the $6 million they said they'd pay him for going past Mays. He hasn't fought it.

This is starting to go beyond mere criticism, is the point.

This is starting to go beyond mere criticism, is the point.

then put a stop to it using the normal methods, is my point. the "suspend him for a year" thing is a bit much.... Edited by NoSaint

then put a stop to it using the normal methods, is my point. the "suspend him for a year" thing is a bit much....

I don't think there are normal methods for this. I'm preferential to what I suggested (obviously - if I weren't, I would have suggested something different), but you're right, a year's suspension is a bit much.