Brady/Patriots fines

As a Bills fan, this scares me. They have VERY LITTLE evidence that Brady did anything wrong -- they IGNORED the fact that the ref thought he had used the gauge that would have shown little, if any, deflation. And since when does someone have to turn over a phone to prove innocence?

We might not like the Pats, but this should scare EVERY NFL FAN. It was a witch hunt.

They should now go after Aaron Rodgers for over-inflating balls. Suspend him. Have the teams that warmed the balls forfeit draft picks.

Pathetic.

And the sad thing is that Jimmy G is probably going to win 2 or 3 of the games he starts, and then the Pats are going to go 12-0 and win the SB again.

The Bills are 2-3 years away from this sort of thing helping them.

There is a lot wrong in this. They didn't just ignore the fact that Anderson said he thought he used the other gauge. They studied everything and decided that it was the other gauge he used, but even still it didn't matter. They cheated regardless.

Aaron Rodgers didn't ever do anything wrong with the footballs. Ever. Nothing he did or said was against any rule whatsoever. What Brady did was clearly and inarguably against the rules.

They didn't just use the phone as the evidence that he cheated. There were numerous reasons why they proved he cheated. He also blatantly lied to them about a few different things.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys need to get a life

@PzFeed: Patriots protesters handcuffed themselves together in lobby of NFL offices. Expecting police arrival. (@LAKEdwards) http://t.co/ZOvB2Vx5vD

Are we sure this isn't some kind of Hernandez homage?

Brief Intro to a CBS article I got in my e-mail. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25181635/patriots-will-fight-suspension-and-use-it-as-motivation-on-the-field

Jason La Canfora:

Title: "Patriots will fight suspension, and use it as motivation on the field"

Subtitle"The Deflategate punishment for Tom Brady and the Patriots is harsher than expected, but this is an organization that overcomes adversity time and again."

So now, this isn't their fault, but they will use it as motivation on the field, and will overcome the adversity and cruelty that is the NFL. You can't make this BS up. :censored:

The media is playing us.

Yesterday afternoon: Penalty was just, maybe light. Common sense.

Yesterday night/today: Penalty is harsh, ridiculous, does not fit the crime. Paving way for consensus on reducing penalty.

If this were a court of law, Brady would have to provide requested information and all parties would be subpoenaed and forced to cooperate or face obstruction charges.

Since it is not law, but the NFL corporate policy, it does not apply.

NFL fans should sue Brady and the Patriots and demand answers.

@RapSheet: Asked about which gauge Walt Anderson used, Ted Wells associate Lorin Reisner said it doesnt matter. Says it doesnt change the science.

Just because someone says something doesn't make it true ... Scientists disagree...

So I'm guessing that Roger Goodell is going to have to start subscribing to Dollar Shave Club now, huh?

No more freebies from Kraft.

Good for Wells for clearing some of this up.

Seems the NFL took the right action: they suspended Brady for what could be proven: his dishonesty and his refusal to comply with the request for information over which he had discretion of what was disclosed.

Just heard excerpts of Wells' phone interview on ESPN and he sounds pissed. And all because of the attacks by Yee and the Pats* in the aftermath of the report's release. If I were Goodell I would demand that Yee and the Pats* cease and desist immediately or Brady is gone for the year. There should be ZERO tolerance for trying to impugn the fine reputation of Wells or any other investigator working at the behest of the league.

Zero class.

GO BILLS!!!

Just heard excerpts of Wells' phone interview on ESPN and he sounds pissed. And all because of the attacks by Yee and the Pats* in the aftermath of the report's release. If I were Goodell I would demand that Yee and the Pats* cease and desist immediately or Brady is gone for the year. There should be ZERO tolerance for trying to impugn the fine reputation of Wells or any other investigator working at the behest of the league.

Zero class.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Yee is trying to flex his muscles a bit. He is also Sean Peytons agent and was quiet the entire time during BountyGate. This is him making up for being quiet then.

Zero class.

GO BILLS!!!

This is so true. On the fan side, the Pats fans are just being a holes now. Just take your punishment and shut up.

Pats Fan 1: "Yee, Pats' lawyers and any Brady lawyers are gonna tear him a new one. I'll be surprised if his bar license isn't revoked after Yee et al expose all his unethical BS."

Pats Fan 2: "I was wondering if Wells could lose his license, I can't imagine him ever doing a high profile investigation again that's for sure. He might work out a deal with a Goodell for another investigation to clear some other team/players name and not favor the NFL to prove his lack of bias."

The common theme over there is that Wells wasn't independent, and was biased or influenced by the NFL. Per their own unbiased, and independent investigation, Pats Fans have determined that there is no credible evidence, and that this is a sham by the nfl to punish the golden boy that they have protected every way possible for the last decade+. :lol:

Edited by What a Tuel

This is so true. On the fan side, the Pats fans are just being a holes now. Just take your punishment and shut up.

Pats Fan 1: "Yee, Pats' lawyers and any Brady lawyers are gonna tear him a new one. I'll be surprised if his bar license isn't revoked after Yee et al expose all his unethical BS."

Pats Fan 2: "I was wondering if Wells could lose his license, I can't imagine him ever doing a high profile investigation again that's for sure. He might work out a deal with a Goodell for another investigation to clear some other team/players name and not favor the NFL to prove his lack of bias."

The common theme over there is that Wells wasn't independent, and was biased or influenced by the NFL. Per their own unbiased, and independent investigation, Pats Fans have determined that there is no credible evidence, and that this is a sham by the nfl to punish the golden boy that they have protected every way possible for the last decade+. :lol:

I can understand the outrage by fans but not the team and Brady's agent. It is over the top. But all of them have one thing in common: they are TOTALLY out of touch with how the rest of the nation feels about the issue. I mean RIDICULOUSLY out of touch. They need a reality check.

And the more they chirp, the more Brady loses credibility.

GO BILLS!!!