Brady/Patriots fines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard excerpts of Wells' phone interview on ESPN and he sounds pissed. And all because of the attacks by Yee and the Pats* in the aftermath of the report's release. If I were Goodell I would demand that Yee and the Pats* cease and desist immediately or Brady is gone for the year. There should be ZERO tolerance for trying to impugn the fine reputation of Wells or any other investigator working at the behest of the league.

Zero class.

GO BILLS!!!

Since when did Brady or the Pat**organization have any class?

I don't think there are normal methods for this. I'm preferential to what I suggested (obviously - if I weren't, I would have suggested something different), but you're right, a year's suspension is a bit much.

id say treat it just like any other official criticism - fine. if they continue, id assume fine again.

i think he should be able to criticize and speak his mind here, but i think that saying the league is out to get him in a whacky conspiracy is far different than a public statement saying he disagrees for a couple of reasonable points and will pursue it via appeals process.

Just heard excerpts of Wells' phone interview on ESPN and he sounds pissed. And all because of the attacks by Yee and the Pats* in the aftermath of the report's release. If I were Goodell I would demand that Yee and the Pats* cease and desist immediately or Brady is gone for the year. There should be ZERO tolerance for trying to impugn the fine reputation of Wells or any other investigator working at the behest of the league.

Zero class.

GO BILLS!!!

Wells has just told Brady and Yee to put up or shut up. They have nothing to put up so they will now probably just have to shut up.

Brief Intro to a CBS article I got in my e-mail. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25181635/patriots-will-fight-suspension-and-use-it-as-motivation-on-the-field

Jason La Canfora:

Title: "Patriots will fight suspension, and use it as motivation on the field"

Subtitle"The Deflategate punishment for Tom Brady and the Patriots is harsher than expected, but this is an organization that overcomes adversity time and again."

So now, this isn't their fault, but they will use it as motivation on the field, and will overcome the adversity and cruelty that is the NFL. You can't make this BS up. :censored:

They are going 9/7 IMO, assuming the suspension remains in place,and won't win before their date with the Jets.

it said investigator. i just think it would be a silly rule to dole out full year suspensions based on that.

go ahead and fine them just like they would for criticizing a ref

LOL! I didn't have my reading glasses on and I took a shot. Amazing how that changes the context.

But I think it's gone beyond criticizing at this point and I see no reason why the league shouldn't issue a cease and desist order. This is on an entirely different level than criticizing a ref's calls in a game. When the player's agent accuses the league and the investigator of conspiring to bring down a player, he attacks the very integrity of the league that his client (Brady) was found to have a lack of respect for in the first place. And I think the penalty for that lack of respect can and should be increased if it continues.

GO BILLS!!!

No. He might not go in on the first ballot now, but he goes in without a doubt. And deservedly so.

I agree he will be in the HoF and deserves it, but this will cast a shadow over his career. Not so much the deflation thing as his lying about it or leaving the guys he had doing the dirty work for him to hang out to dry. It's not likely they came up with this "let's deflate the balls for Tom" idea ll by themselves. Their careers in the NFL are likely over.

LOL! I didn't have my reading glasses on and I took a shot. Amazing how that changes the context.

But I think it's gone beyond criticizing at this point and I see no reason why the league shouldn't issue a cease and desist order. This is on an entirely different level than criticizing a ref's calls in a game. When the player's agent accuses the league and the investigator of conspiring to bring down a player, he attacks the very integrity of the league that his client (Brady) was found to have a lack of respect for in the first place. And I think the penalty for that lack of respect can and should be increased if it continues.

GO BILLS!!!

Where would be the precedent for a player being fined or punished further for loudly (even if ridiculously) protesting his innocence?

This will never happen. The NFL's "integrity" won't suffer over this...

Where would be the precedent for a player being fined or punished further for loudly (even if ridiculously) protesting his innocence?

This will never happen. The NFL's "integrity" won't suffer over this...

There's never a precedent until there's a precedent.

Of course the integrity of the league won't suffer for this. At least outside of NE*. But the Brady camp's accusation of the league conspiring with it's investigator to bring him down is further attacking the very integrity he was suspended for disrespecting in the first place. They should be smarter about how they protest his innocence as it's gone beyond protest and into the realm of accusation. The league would be well within its rights to levy further penalties if it doesn't stop.

Might be time for them to establish the precedent.

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69840&page=10

Damn those Pats fans are delusional, they actually think that by suing, Brady/Kraft/Patriots will bring Goodell and the NFL to it's knees.

I hope they do sue.

GO BILLS!!!

I hope they do sue.

GO BILLS!!!

Could Wells also end up suing Brady/Yee for slander if they don't shut up at some point?

I mean, it's America, you can sue for anything but at some point you would think he actually would.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69840&page=10

Damn those Pats fans are delusional, they actually think that by suing, Brady/Kraft/Patriots will bring Goodell and the NFL to it's knees.

The Pats, all of them, Kraft, BB, Brady, the talking heads who know and love Brady, and the Patriot fans live in a bubble, a small one, and then there is the rest of the known universe, which is a radically different place. The longer this goes on, the worse it will be for what's left of their reputation.

NFL really missed out on the appropriate penalty. They should just allow all of the Patriots opponents to deflate the balls or inflate the balls by the same amount that the Patriots did.

I think it would be better of the opponent would be allowed to inflate the pats** ball to a level they felt appropriate.

Edited by The Wiz

some gems from that message board

I'm ready for scorched earth. I've had time to think about it now. Kraft should get every ****ing lawyer he knows and file defamation lawsuits, unfair labor practice suits, antitrust lawsuits, any ****ing lawsuit you can think of, and bring the whole league down.

I'm done. Totally done. Funny thing is, I bet you anything this is why Goodell decided to get rid of their tax exempt status. He knew this was a possibility.

By the time the courts are done with the NFL, that entire building at 345 Park Ave will be empty.

The lesson for Kraft here is never lose the ability to be astounded by people. Even someone as successful as Kraft who has built a huge business empire, one of the most successful pro sports owner in history, who would have built that success on his ability to read people, to forge relationships etc.

It's clear he believed his relationship with Goodell, his backing of him, his belief that Goodell would be reasonable on such a nonsensical report, would see the Pats get a simple slap on the wrist. Token fine maybe at worst.

He believed wrong. I would well imagine his confidence has taken an unexpected hammering in seeing how badly the League that he's help built, has treated his team. Hopefully we'll see the shark in him rise to the fore.

Based on this article

http://www.avclub.com/article/stuff-parity-nfl-punishes-quarterback-winning-too--219251

comes this response

Enjoyed that, Hawg.

This article shows the NE Patriots wield more power than the NFL itself.

Insanity galore.

Can the owner be banned from all games?

Kraft is madder than hell at Roger!!!

NFL investigator says he found direct evidence against Brady

The lawyer who investigated the New England Patriots insisted Tuesday that he found direct, not just circumstantial, evidence to show quarterback Tom Brady knew team employees were deflating footballs.