Brady/Patriots fines

Because their is a permissible range of variance for the PSI of the balls, and different teams may want to be at different spots with in the permissible range so as to match the balls they used in practice all week. People have dramatically over estimated the impact of how far out of range the patriots balls were.

Ask youself this, would you rather face Tom Brady week 2, or would you rather the Bills have permissionould to inflate their balls to whatever pressure they would like.

So if we're playing poker, and I'm dealing, and have been dealing seconds all night. I'm holding three queens to your two pair of nines and fours. I deal myself the fourth queen from the top of the deck, and deal you a three. You still have two pair, to my four queens...but I'm not cheating because my three queens still would have beat your two pair, so dealing seconds made no difference to the outcome of the game?

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too many threads and pages to search

has anyone posted / read this ?

A.J. Feeley says he witnessed Patriots use doctored footballs

Feeley said on 97.5 The Fanatic that when he was playing for the Dolphins in 2004, he saw Patriots quarterback Tom Brady using old, broken-in balls at a time when NFL rules said that teams had to use new balls provided by the league.

“Prior to Tommy* and Peyton Manning going to the league and saying, ‘Let us doctor our balls’ we used to all play with the same balls,” Feeley said. “Somehow this beat-up ball from the ball boy was getting thrown in on offense for New England, yet when we were on offense this orange brand new ball was getting thrown in.”

The deflation happened because McNally stole the balls from the referees. He's not supposed to do that. Anderson went to the officials room to get the balls to bring them to the field and they were gone and he was pissed. At an away game that would be really hard to do because the home team is somewhat responsible for the balls. The away ball boy would be wandering around the officials locker room with no business being there.

The home team can carry the balls to the field if they ask the officials and are granted permission or if the officials walk with them. The away team doesn't have that opportunity.

From what I understood, the reason that he took the balls away was due to the extra people being around due to it being a conference final, and that normally there wouldn't have been anybody in the room.

So what you are saying is that the balls are provided to the officials by both teams....the officials take them away....then they give them back(unsure how home team is somewhat responsible)? When they give them back, are they collected by their respective ballboys?....taken directly to the field?....taken back to their team rooms? I ask this as I don't know the answer, not to attack you.

too many threads and pages to search

has anyone posted / read this ?

A.J. Feeley says he witnessed Patriots use doctored footballs

Feeley said on 97.5 The Fanatic that when he was playing for the Dolphins in 2004, he saw Patriots quarterback Tom Brady using old, broken-in balls at a time when NFL rules said that teams had to use new balls provided by the league.

Prior to Tommy* and Peyton Manning going to the league and saying, Let us doctor our balls we used to all play with the same balls, Feeley said. Somehow this beat-up ball from the ball boy was getting thrown in on offense for New England, yet when we were on offense this orange brand new ball was getting thrown in.

Seriously Tom, it only gets worse from here if you keep pushing it. *Now* the knives are going to start coming out.

From what I understood, the reason that he took the balls away was due to the extra people being around due to it being a conference final, and that normally there wouldn't have been anybody in the room.

So what you are saying is that the balls are provided to the officials by both teams....the officials take them away....then they give them back(unsure how home team is somewhat responsible)? When they give them back, are they collected by their respective ballboys?....taken directly to the field?....taken back to their team rooms? I ask this as I don't know the answer, not to attack you.

One of the reasons they determined that Brady cheated was because McNally gave three different answers to three different people when asked about what he did. He said he didn't use the bathroom in the locker room because there were so many people around (which is rather ridiculous). He's never supposed to take the balls without asking permission and getting it from the officials. He wasn't supposed to have them at all at the championship game. In fact, when Anderson came looking for them and couldn't find them and was told McNally took them, Anderson started swearing and his exact words were "He's not supposed to do that."

The balls are provided to the officials by both teams hours before the game. The officials have them in the officials locker room then weigh them. Usually they bring the balls to the field and give them to each team just before pregame warm ups. The home team's ball boys can ask permission to bring the balls to the field. McNally sometimes did that and sometimes didn't at Gillette. This time he didn't ask he just took them and then entered a bathroom with both teams balls just before the field.

This all comes from the Wells Report.

you posted the wrong quote doh

No, that's what I intended. The more Brady has his agent and team owner scream and stamp their feet, the more coverage and the more this gets dragged into the open.

I don't know if one interview on the Phanatic is proof, but if he really wants to keep at it I suspect things get ugly.

No, that's what I intended. The more Brady has his agent and team owner scream and stamp their feet, the more coverage and the more this gets dragged into the open.

I don't know if one interview on the Phanatic is proof, but if he really wants to keep at it I suspect things get ugly.

Has a player ever appealed and gotten a worse sentencing. I know that's not how appeals work but would be funny if it did happen.

Has a player ever appealed and gotten a worse sentencing. I know that's not how appeals work but would be funny if it did happen.

Not so much the appealing as the claims that the Pats** seem to be interested in filing a lawsuit.

As mentioned already, I'm pretty sure that of the NFL gets sued, this is now an actual legal case and evidence and witnesses can be subpoenad instead of being voluntary as in the Wells report. What *is* on that phone that Brady wants to hide?

Not so much the appealing as the claims that the Pats** seem to be interested in filing a lawsuit.

As mentioned already, I'm pretty sure that of the NFL gets sued, this is now an actual legal case and evidence and witnesses can be subpoenad instead of being voluntary as in the Wells report. What *is* on that phone that Brady wants to hide?

I get that. I'm just curious if they found something even worse on his phone than just the text to the two ball boys if more punishments would be dealt. Like if BB was in on it as well, would they then also suspend him for 4 games.

If they don't sue, I think that's probably the reason why. Brady could very well be incriminating multiple other people on the team and I doubt they would risk it.

Edited by The Wiz

Does that include voice conversation? I think Tommy boy was smart after the game to not use text and only voice.

They 100% have voice records, though they're officially only allowed to keep them for 12 months if the call was made outside of the US. Whether or not you believe they stick to those guide lines is a different conversation. There are a ton of articles and links throughout the thread below if you're patient enough to sift through them.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177006-the-dangers-of-our-new-normal/

They 100% have voice records, though they're officially only allowed to keep them for 12 months if the call was made outside of the US. Whether or not you believe they stick to those guide lines is a different conversation. There are a ton of articles and links throughout the thread below if you're patient enough to sift through them.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177006-the-dangers-of-our-new-normal/

I am not patient, I assume the chit in there is scary, I assume Mr. Yee knows this as well....no lawsuit from Pats or Brady coming

I am not patient, I assume the chit in there is scary, I assume Mr. Yee knows this as well....no lawsuit from Pats or Brady coming

there is no way that they are subpoenaing anybody for voice records from january over a labor discipline dispute here.

of course, just my opinion. but just like you didnt see EVERYBODY involved in bountygate have full cavity searches in the lawsuit you wouldnt here.

there is no freaking way Tom* wants to take this to the courts where he will have to swear to tell the truth!!!

Jail time on top of 4 games... he can visit his TE buddy down the read from the Putz stadium

gotch. I thought the post was in reference to DC Toms comments not the Tom* I agree,

the more they whine they are being duped / stung and the NFL is against them the worse it is.

I will say it again if they continue add more game suspensions and fines.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever