Brady/Patriots fines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is the Patriots did not win the 4 Super Bowls because they cheated. They won because they had damn good teams and coaching. I can be a huge Bill fan and still respect (and envy) all that they have accomplished. I hope the Bills can get that good again and beat them down every game, and go (finally) win us our own championship. But I won't begrudge them their wins just so others can welcome me into their secret "real Bills fan" club.

That's actually not a "fact." That's like, your opinion, man.

If the Pats were so good on their own why did they feel the need to cheat? Athletes (and teams) who are confident in themselves do not feel the need to break the rules, particularly if the advantage gained was as minimal as you claim. If they didn't get any value out of deflating the balls or video taping other teams why go through the effort to do so? THEY obviously felt it was worth it in the grand scheme of things. So for a 3rd party (you or others with a similar opinion) to come in and say it was "trivial" doesn't mesh up with the team (or Brady) thought. Who would know better about the advantage gained than the cheaters themselves?

The bottom line is that they felt it gave them an significant advantage. If it was an insignificant advantage then they wouldn't have even bothered. If they'll do these things to gain an advantage how many other things are they doing that haven't been caught yet? Yet it's a "fact" that they haven't been winning because they cheat? I'm guessing that this is just the tip of the cheating iceberg.

Even if the advantage was "insignificant" the punishment should still be significant. If there was a poker player in the World Series of Poker who was cheating in a way that gave him a .1% better chance of winning each hand would the powers that be let him keep his title if he won the entire tournament? Or would they strip him of his title and winnings and ban him for life? In order to protect themselves from further cheating and to make sure everybody involved has confidence in the legitimacy of the game harsh punishments need to be handed out when things like this happen even if the advantage was "insignificant." Imo the NFL was nowhere near harsh enough.

http://nesn.com/2015/05/adam-schefter-source-predicts-tom-bradys-suspension-will-be-overturned/

The New England Patriots quarterback could have his DeflateGate suspension overturned, a source texted ESPNs Adam Schefter, who relayed the message on The Herd With Colin Cowherd.

Bradys team is unreal, the source said. Talented, big-name lawyers: Yee, Kessler, etc. Prediction=wont miss a game.

i wonder who the source is. sounds like its coming from the NE side.

They are attacking a man doing his job while the people were not complying with the investigation. Can you really blame the guy for being pissed?

It's the equivalent of me reading 10 of your post and saying your a negative person and you not letting me see the other 8,965 posts.

Actually, that would just make you a jerk. :nana:

I don't blame Wells for being pissed. I would think any claims he is acting unprofessionally are slanderous/libelous (though I know very little about that area of the law).

Thr 1 million fine is twice the maximum allowed by the CBA. It will be appealed and reduced, most likely.

Is it per incident? I wonder if that is $500K for the deflating and $500K for the obstruction....

Is it per incident? I wonder if that is $500K for the deflating and $500K for the obstruction....

http://deadspin.com/the-nfls-punishment-of-the-patriots-proves-there-is-no-1703923284

searched a little and thats what deadspin is saying. its an interesting spot, as youd think that would be an umbrella over the full incident, or you could penalize them 500k per ball as separate offenses potentially.

http://deadspin.com/the-nfls-punishment-of-the-patriots-proves-there-is-no-1703923284

searched a little and thats what deadspin is saying. its an interesting spot, as youd think that would be an umbrella over the full incident, or you could penalize them 500k per ball as separate offenses potentially.

Don't let this stop WEO from defending the Pats like it was clear cut. He :wub: them.

Curran: ‘Outstanding chance' you’ll see Brady on Week 1 http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-outstanding-chance-you-ll-see-brady-week-1

Only problem with that is Curran is saying appeal process will last longer than the opening of the season, not that the suspension will be overturned. Just remeber that Vilma's first appeal was heard week 1 of that year and the supension overturned by arbiters, that's is why he was able to play.

If Brady's is not overturned, he will not be playing week one. And I think you can bet your left nut this appeal will be heard before week 1. Think the Pats and Brady will insist on it....ole Tommy boy can't be taking all the first team reps if Garropolo is starting week 1.

Man, that is some shoddy reporting by Curran.

I just posted this in the Box o' Shout:

Brady was absolutely treated fairly. He was suspended for lying (he did, in fact, know the ball handlers despite claiming that he didn't--this can be proven unequivocally) and refusal to cooperate.

Tawm Curran might be a little biased, no?

Biased, yes. But he's got a point based on the Vilma suspension. Only difference is if Brady has incriminating evidence on his phone or not. Which if he took it to federal court, would likely be exposed.

Only problem with that is Curran is saying appeal process will last longer than the opening of the season, not that the suspension will be overturned. Just remeber that Vilma's first appeal was heard week 1 of that year and the supension overturned by arbiters, that's is why he was able to play.

If Brady's is not overturned, he will not be playing week one. And I think you can bet your left nut this appeal will be heard before week 1. Think the Pats and Brady will insist on it....ole Tommy boy can't be taking all the first team reps if Garropolo is starting week 1.

Man, that is some shoddy reporting by Curran.

if i remember correctly, vilma had his overturned on appeal right around week 1, than that overruled by the league and told the suspension would stand and i believe he was playing due to court intervention until tagliabue upheld the original appeal which let him play.