Brady/Patriots fines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this part:

You know I'm actually the same way. I tend to call people I "don't know" repeatedly 2 weeks before something is due to be sure it's done correctly.

I think, in fairness, Brady said he didn't know McNally, the deflator, not Jastremski. It's a blatant lie of course, because Jastremski told Wells that Brady did know McNally.

I think, in fairness, Brady said he didn't know McNally, the deflator, not Jastremski. It's a blatant lie of course, because Jastremski told Wells that Brady did know McNally.

Had it backwards. Even so, why would he need to talk about preparing game balls 10 days before the game. Especially when Brady himself said that he game balls are prepared for him right before the game. I'm pretty sure weather changes in Arizona so I'd assume he wanted it prepared game day.

Edited by The Wiz

Ha Pats[**]fan.com has a 20+ page thread of delusion with people saying what a great slamming rebuttal it is. People googling finding references to the word deflate in bodybuilding forums as proof the report is the truth. It's like you can see a whole collective going not so quietly insane before your eyes. :lol:

Edited by stevewin

I love this part:

You know I'm actually the same way. I tend to call people I "don't know" repeatedly 2 weeks before something is due to be sure it's done correctly.

i wouldnt put much stock in the answer at all, but given the prep they do with the balls and the whirlwind of the game, it would make sense to outline the plan pretty much immediately.

i dont think thats what they were doing, but it wouldnt have been an odd claim..... outside the obvious other topics theyd clearly need to discuss.

Interesting...

@JoeBanner13: Pats response tells us that the team is not going to pursue legal action. If they were they would not have wanted to lay out their arguemant

Or they've gauged the response to their thoughtfully crafted argument and realized how ridiculous it looks

Had it backwards. Even so, why would he need to talk about preparing game balls 10 days before the game. Especially when Brady himself said that he game balls are prepared for him right before the game. I'm pretty sure weather changes in Arizona so I'd assume he wanted it prepared game day.

Aren't the texts they used as evidence from well before the playoffs?

The NFL Network's covering all the points right now...the Patriots are actually arguing that Wells report is incomplete because they didn't have any texts from Brady? :lol: "Your punishment is unfair because your analysis is incomplete because we obstructed it! You're being unfair!"

And Solomon Wilcotts is an idiot, as though we didn't know "Big deal. All quarterbacks work the balls." Yeah, but not all quarterbacks have the approved balls stolen from the officials and deflate them.

Solomon Wilcotts says the science of the Ideal Gas Law is "flimsy at best." Basing this on many conversations he's had with lawyers.

And whoever's on with Wilcotts just pointed out that, between Wilcotts and a professor from Harvard, he's probably going to go with the guy from Harvard.

At 7-7:30 in the morning.

Solomon Wilcotts says the science of the Ideal Gas Law is "flimsy at best." Basing this on many conversations he's had with lawyers.

And whoever's on with Wilcotts just pointed out that, between Wilcotts and a professor from Harvard, he's probably going to go with the guy from Harvard.

ha! fantastic.

Interesting...

@JoeBanner13: Pats response tells us that the team is not going to pursue legal action. If they were they would not have wanted to lay out their arguemant

Of course they are not going to actually take this to court. I don't think there is any chance of that. There is a great chance they will bluster and threaten to.

@noahWG: Patriots sci expert in #DeflateGate is co-founder of a company in which R. Kraft has invested: http://t.co/mXm243mzCOhttp://t.co/Pc78RTQvPS

Meh. They've already lost their dignity and credibility.

The ball don't lie.

But, but, but...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/nobel-prize-winner-disagrees-with-science-in-wells-report/#comment-4250957

The Patriots say MacKinnon has “no business or personal relationship” with the team and merely offered his own analysis as an interested party who’s knowledgeable about the topic.

@noahWG: Patriots sci expert in #DeflateGate is co-founder of a company in which R. Kraft has invested: http://t.co/mXm243mzCOhttp://t.co/Pc78RTQvPS

Meh. They've already lost their dignity and credibility.

The ball don't lie.

Is Ok though. Kraft told his investors to invest in that company and didn't know who he was when he asked them to debunk the wells report.