Espn NFL Nation reporters predict 5-11 season for Bills

If we're 0-2 at home to start the season -a very likely outcome, it's a helluva uphill battle going forward.

How is losing at home to both Indy and NE a "very likely outcome"? We will be favored vs Indy, a soft team that struggles on the road, and will be probably a 3-point dog to NE, a team Rex always plays tough. I would say it is highly UNlikely we lose both those games at home. Edited by mannc

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is losing at home to both Indy and NE a "very likely outcome"? We will be favored vs Indy, a soft team that struggles on the road, and will be probably a 3-point dog to NE, a team Rex always plays tough. I would say it is highly UNlikely we lose both those games at home.

We already aren't favored against Indy. By the time the game comes around the sharps might have moved the line closer to us, but the public is going to put their money on Luck and think it's an easy bet.

The public still doesn't believe in us and apparently ESPN doesn't believe in us. The local radio guys here in Columbus ran through the Bengals schedule yesterday and laughed at the idea we could beat them, they spent the least time analyzing that game and basically called it an easy Bengals win.

We already aren't favored against Indy. By the time the game comes around the sharps might have moved the line closer to us, but the public is going to put their money on Luck and think it's an easy bet.

The public still doesn't believe in us and apparently ESPN doesn't believe in us. The local radio guys here in Columbus ran through the Bengals schedule yesterday and laughed at the idea we could beat them, they spent the least time analyzing that game and basically called it an easy Bengals win.

The Philly radio guys were the same way with the Bills game. It was an afterthought that the Eagles were going to beat the Bills.

That's what makes this season so much fun. The games will start being played and the Bills will be one of those teams that no one wants to play. We know how great the Bills defense and running game will be, we know what talent we have at receiver and TE. Whether it's Manuel or Cassel at QB, they're just going to be steering this beast to the playoffs.

The Philly radio guys were the same way with the Bills game. It was an afterthought that the Eagles were going to beat the Bills.

That's what makes this season so much fun. The games will start being played and the Bills will be one of those teams that no one wants to play. We know how great the Bills defense and running game will be, we know what talent we have at receiver and TE. Whether it's Manuel or Cassel at QB, they're just going to be steering this beast to the playoffs.

What if it's Taylor? :flirt:

A lot of people believe that a team without a QB can't go far. That is what is driving a lot of these comments I'm sure.

i heard that! I wanted to call and remind them they said the same thing last year about the Browns at Bills game.

A lot of people believe that a team without a QB can't go far. That is what is driving a lot of these comments I'm sure.

Oh, I get that, what I don't understand is that the media seems fixated on that for the Bills while ignoring the dicey QB situation of other teams.

I mean I Get It that we don't have Brady or Luck behind center. But pointing at the Bills QB situation while we're playing the Jags, the Texans, and the Redskins? Seriously? Because Bortles was all that and a bag of chips last year, Hoyer will do for the Texans what Manning did for the Broncos? Bradford is a sure bet to do great things for the Iggles? Who is QB the Redskins next year and will he still be the QB halfway through the season?

Edited by Hopeful

Oh, I get that, what I don't understand is that the media seems fixated on that for the Bills while ignoring the dicey QB situation of other teams.

I mean I Get It that we don't have Brady or Luck behind center. But pointing at the Bills QB situation while we're playing the Jags, the Texans, and the Redskins? Seriously? Because Bortles was all that and a bag of chips last year, Hoyer will do for the Texans what Manning did for the Broncos? Bradford is a sure bet to do great things for the Iggles? Who is QB the Redskins next year and will he still be the QB halfway through the season?

Also Dalton is a very average NFL QB along the lines of Alex Smith. I don't see either QB getting many points against this Bills defense.

Also Dalton is a very average NFL QB along the lines of Alex Smith. I don't see either QB getting many points against this Bills defense.

You guys should leave the doom and gloom behind and come post in the 12-4 prediction thread. :D:flirt::thumbsup:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177827-nflns-heath-evans-predicts-bills-12-4-and-div-champs/

I count 9 games against teams with dicey QB situations. NYJ(x2), Jags, Eagles, Redskins, Texans, Titans, Cincy and I'd even throw KC in there because Smith hasn't thrown for a TD against the Bills defense in 8 quarters.

This Bills teams is made to dominant those type of situations. Add to the mix that they now have Rex running the defense and what they did last year against the likes of Manning and Rodgers, and a lot of these writers are looking past the Bills rather quickly for what they have done in the past and in the offseason thus far.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

How is losing at home to both Indy and NE a "very likely outcome"? We will be favored vs Indy, a soft team that struggles on the road, and will be probably a 3-point dog to NE, a team Rex always plays tough. I would say it is highly UNlikely we lose both those games at home.

We're doomed!

I consider us 8-8 last year, new england played their scrubs against us in the 2nd half and gave us the pseudo win.

We haven't upgraded qb, picked up one decent guard Incognito. I still think the Online and QB mean much more than how good your runners and receivers are.

I would rather have traded kiko for Philly's all pro guard and drafted a young running back.

I predict 8-8 again, but a fun season ahead for sure. Nobody is blowing us out unless we get hit hard with injuries.

The X factor is Cassel. He won 11 games with an average roster, 80 career passer rating. Now with a better runner maybe he can have a career year here.

Like I said, either way we're a fun team and that's what I care about.

Nonsense.

The Bills D dominated Brady, and chased him from that game. Period. The Pats saw Brady get hit hard one time, and almost get hit clean by Bradham....and they pulled him. Let's skip the revisionist history. We took it to the Pats in that game, straight up. Consider: if they were winning, and Brady wasn't getting hit, would they have pulled him?

Did they pull him when they were up by 4 TDs in the 3rd quarter the last Monday night game at the Ralph?

Um, no. You can't have it both ways. The Pats have proven year after year that they will keep their starting O, inlcuding Brady, in the game, regardless of score, as long as they are winning and Brady is untouched.

This past game, when they were getting rocked, and Brady took one hard shot and a near miss that would have ended his season: they pulled him.

QED

The Bills were 9-7 last year.

What's next?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The so called " experts" at ESPN hate to even mention the Bills. If you ever watch their highlights after the games they'll spend 20 minutes on every team, except Buffalo. It's like 30 seconds and BOOM on to more important scores and highlights. I am sick of those jerk off's and won't even watch their stupid babbling highlights. Maybe to them the Bills aren't pertinent but to us they are our team!! Let them make their asinine predictions. Then when they are wrong, watch how they sweep their predictions under the carpet.

This is new how? Every year we hear a 3-13 to 5-11 prediction. Then they the best we could possibly do is 7-9 to 8-8. How many pundits state we were going 9-7 last year and beat the Packers, Patriots, and stop Manning on his TD streak.

Now I'm not buying Heath Evans either with 12-4. I think 9-7 to 10-6 is more likely playing the FC South and NFC East.

Get with the program, Son. We're already an underdog to the 1st of both teams who played in the AFC title game on merit. We didn't make the playoffs -on merit.

That's how it's 'very likely'.

until they show it on the field, hard to argue. barely an 8-8 team last year. they don't play the season on paper. show me. they haven't for 15 years. every media guy who's gone out on a limb predicting a big season has been burned -- for 15 years. so what do you expect? without a solid QB, I could easily see another 7-9 year. we shall see. injuries always a wildcard as well...

Edited by 8and8Forever