Espn NFL Nation reporters predict 5-11 season for Bills

I think they will be at least 10-6. They really need that opening game win vs the Colts to kick off the season with a great feeling.

I'll be fine if it's Cassel too because I think Manuel might need extra time to feel comfortable with a new offense system. There's no need to rush Manuel on the field before he's ready. He needs to nail the landing next time he gets his chance.

He might start out a bit rough after so much time off the field with live bullets. But ya gotta let him run his course and trust the coaching if that the decision they make

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will be at least 10-6. They really need that opening game win vs the Colts to kick off the season with a great feeling.

And then knocking off New England to go 2-0 would give the team incredible confidence.

So, we "improve" on paper, get a better coach... and we lose 4 more games than last year.

What?

Well, we have a better side show staring the HC, but, it remains to be determined if we have a better football coach. Results count, not press conferences. Ryan's headlines don't mean squat. I contend that Ryan is less than 50/50 to beat Schwartz performance as #4 defense in the league......of course, there is a massive upside potential on the O side. If Roman can outcoach Marrone/Hackett, performance will certainly improve, as those two were doing OJT, and didn't have a system clue. (taking a rookie QB into a hurry up Offfense showed me they didn't have a clue.) All in all, I don't understand any massive optimism here, we have been through all the P/R before.....show us the wins.

Some lame if not downright stupid suppportive commentary, ie. Dallas winning, because they still won despite 5 picks of Romo in '09.........

I can't get over it "being a good match up for the Jags." If those 2 teams were to meet on a neutral field tomorrow the spread would be 9. How does being about a 9 point underdog constitute a good match up?

I can't get over it "being a good match up for the Jags." If those 2 teams were to meet on a neutral field tomorrow the spread would be 9. How does being about a 9 point underdog constitute a good match up?

It's all relative... for the Jags, being a 9 point dog is good! It's usually much worse.

(Best I can come up with.)

Why aren't our reporters so bias and unreasonable? Given the slightest chance, ours will use the "yeah but..." line to say we won't succeed or win. Their reporters say stuff like:

"Amaro catches the winning touchdown pass in the final minute, costing the Bills a wild-card spot. Ryan fires his headset into the ground and later remarks, "I wanted to kick their a--, and they kicked mine." He responds by abolishing team captains for 2016."

It sounds like something a fan on a comment board would say.

"The Chiefs will welcome back their former starting quarterback, Matt Cassel, now with the Bills. Things won’t go much better for him."

Really? Is that your expert opinion? How about Alex Smith going 17/29 177yds and 0 tds 0 ints last year against the Bills defense. Things likely won't go well for him either.

Edited by What a Tuel

It's all relative... for the Jags, being a 9 point dog is good! It's usually much worse.

(Best I can come up with.)

Ha ha, well played Aug. that must be it because your right there is nothing else that makes sense.

Btw, a lot of these beat reporters had some interesting stuff though. Apparently the Bills have an unsettled QB position.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

@mikerodak: Our @ESPN_NFLNation reporters predict the Bills will go 5-11, finish on a 7-game losing streak: http://t.co/TFGMEhsQyc

Well, it's cool. They predicted 3 and 13 for us last year, and we finished 9-7. So 5-11 should give us an 11-5 record. I'm good with that.

Edit: after reading the article, I think it's all blowing snow. " Oh, it's the Miami home opener so they're going to ride the emotional wave to victory (two weeks after the Bills, apparently, don't get an emotional wave for their home opener with a new coach)". "Oh, the Bills QB situation is dicey but the Jags with Bortles and the Texans with Hoyer, hey, they're all set"

Pitch me with a fork. It's as shallow as a kiddie pool in Arizona sunshine.

Edited by Hopeful

All I can say is looking at the schedule, based on rosters today, home/away, etc., the Bills will be underdogs in at least 9 games. I know a lot can change between now and September, not to mention Oct-Nov-Dec games, but 7-9 looks like a pretty honest/realistic assessment as of today.

Assigning wins/losses solely on which team is the likely favorite:

Sept. 13 Indianapolis Colts LOSS 0-1

Sept. 20 New England Patriots, LOSS 0-2

Sept. 27 at Miami Dolphins, LOSS 0-3

Oct. 4 New York Giants, WIN 1-3

Oct. 11 at Tennessee Titans, WIN 2-3

Oct. 18 Cincinnati Bengals, LOSS 2-4

Oct. 25 at Jacksonville Jaguars (London), WIN 3-4

Nov. 1 BYE

Nov. 8 Miami Dolphins, WIN 4-4

Nov. 12 at New York Jets (Thu), LOSS 4-5*

Nov. 23 at New England Patriots (Mon), LOSS 4-6

Nov. 29 at Kansas City Chiefs, LOSS 4-7

Dec. 6 Houston Texans, WIN 5-7

Dec. 13 at Philadelphia Eagles, LOSS 5-8

Dec. 20 at Washington Redskins, WIN 6-8

Dec. 27 Dallas Cowboys, LOSS 6-9

Jan. 3 New York Jets, WIN 7-9

* pretty much a tossup, so it could be 8-8

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Did ESPNation already predict all the divisions? So we can just go to the playoffs, because we already know who is going to win! Oh wait, they likely predicted the playoffs too so we can just move directly to the Super Bowl. Well that makes my life so much better!

ESPN schedule show just might be the single stupidest thing in all of sports! It's not like we all know the training camps and preseason bring injuries and surprises and then they actually play the season.

Not sure when it originally aired, but NFL Network just predicted us to be 12-4.

11174868_10205157241264531_3098774807156

Heath predicted the Cardinals perfectly 16/16 last year.

so we would start 9-0 and then lose 4 of the next 7 including a home game to the Texans.

That would both to great and suck at the same time.

I consider us 8-8 last year, new england played their scrubs against us in the 2nd half and gave us the pseudo win.

We haven't upgraded qb, picked up one decent guard Incognito. I still think the Online and QB mean much more than how good your runners and receivers are.

I would rather have traded kiko for Philly's all pro guard and drafted a young running back.

I predict 8-8 again, but a fun season ahead for sure. Nobody is blowing us out unless we get hit hard with injuries.

The X factor is Cassel. He won 11 games with an average roster, 80 career passer rating. Now with a better runner maybe he can have a career year here.

Like I said, either way we're a fun team and that's what I care about.

I consider us 8-8 last year, new england played their scrubs against us in the 2nd half and gave us the pseudo win.

Not to go off topic but this is a popular sentiment here. The Bills were up 11 against the Pats starters (minus Gronk I believe). At this point their defense had just dominated Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. I'm not sure why everyone assumes that they were going to lay down in the 2nd half and blow that 11 point lead? To me (it's not just you Webster a lot of people here believe this) it stems from the belief that "we couldn't possibly beat New England." The way that the defense played late in the year, made them a nightmare for the Pats.

Can we just give the credit where the credit is due and count the win as a win (or at least a no contest)? It really feels weird chalking up a game that they played really well and won as a loss. We just assume that would have been the result in a different situation. The game wasn't played in a different situation and it may not have mattered if it was. The result of game was a win and a 9-7 record.

Edited by Kirby Jackson