Espn NFL Nation reporters predict 5-11 season for Bills

until they show it on the field, hard to argue. barely an 8-8 team last year. they don't play the season on paper. show me. they haven't for 15 years. every media guy who's gone out on a limb predicting a big season has been burned -- for 15 years. so what do you expect? without a solid QB, I could easily see another 7-9 year. we shall see. injuries always a wildcard as well...

Can we please call the record what it was, 9-7? "Barely 8-8" can EASILY be "almost 11-5" when you look at the Houston & KC games. It's just strange throughout this whole thread that people use imaginary records as their guide. The reality is they were 9-7 & they could have been 7-9. They also could have been 11-5. They ARE a 9-7 team that on paper improved a lot. Of course there are factors (ie injuries) that can change things but that is the case with every team. You can't factor that it when making projections if the injuries don't already exist.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to see if any team actually has a great record with "NFL Nation" predictions... you have the opponent's 'homer' reporter predicting the score of every game.... Lets see what the Pats are predicted to do with this method.... (hold please)

Edit: Looks like my suspicion was totally incorrect! NFL Nation predicts the Pats to be 13-3, while their own "homer" writer predicts them to be 11-5.

Here is the "NFL Nation" prediction:

So he has the Pats scoring almost 70 more points than they put up last season and about 50 more than any other team did last season. Not sure I see that happening.

Can we please call the record what it was, 9-7? "Barely 8-8" can EASILY be "almost 11-5" when you look at the Houston & KC games. It's just strange throughout this whole thread that people use imaginary records as their guide. The reality is they were 9-7 & they could have been 7-9. They also could have been 11-5. They ARE a 9-7 team that on paper improved a lot. Of course there are factors (ie injuries) that can change things but that is the case with every team. You can't factor that it when making projections if the injuries don't already exist.

can we call it 9-7? (with a gift from the Pats*)

they did not play all their starters in the first half and played 3rd stringers in the 2nd half.

Had the Bills actually scored in the 2nd half I would say otherwise but they did not.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

cam we call it 9-7 with a gift from the Pats*?

they did not play all their starters in the first half and played 3rd stringers in the 2nd half.

Had the Bills actually scored in the 2nd half I would say otherwise but they did not.

Tom Brady played the first half, he's the only player that matters on the entire team. I read it right here on this board.

cam we call it 9-7 with a gift from the Pats*?

we didn't have Dareus or Gilmore, two of our best players.

Tom Brady played the first half, he's the only player that matters on the entire team. I read it right here on this board.

:lol: :lol:

....and they were up 11 against Tom Brady.

less his TOP 2 players. his ball catchers were not even dressed.

and it still does not explain ZERO points by Buffalo in the 2nd half!

Had Bellyache WANTED a win the results most likely would have been different.

:lol: :lol:

less his TOP 2 players. his ball catchers were not even dressed.

and it still does not explain ZERO points by Buffalo in the 2nd half!

Had Bellyache WANTED a win the results most likely would have been different.

They didn't need to score in the 2nd half!! They put themselves in position to win a game and did. Everyone wants to win every game. There are games where teams rest guys all of the time. We played without 2 of our best players (Dareus and Gilmore I believe). At the end of the day, it counts as a win. They stifled the Pats in the 1st half (like they did Rodgers and Manning a few weeks prior). At the end of the year that defense was clicking.

The point being (and you are better than some on here when it comes to this) we cant just make up a fake record to prove our point. They easily could have won KC and Houston. They easily could have lost to Minnesota. The "woulda, coulda, shoulda" is totally irrelevant when you have "what is." They are a 9-7 team that appears to have improved on paper. Does that mean that their record will improve? Not necessarily, but in terms of projecting forward, the evidence would support an improved record.

oh please.

they didn't need to score so they didn't? that is your justification? a full 30 minutes and they sat on a lead?

So .... are you implying just the offense quit?

if you want to prove you are a good team you score against 3rd stringers!!!!

as to a lead - Does 16 seconds mean anything to you?

Yes, they could have won KC and Houston, and Miami, and Cincy

and they easily could have won vs the 2 win Raiders

and they could have won against the Bronc's too had the offense scored more points.

The D shut down Manning like they did Rogers.

oh please.

they didn't need to score so they didn't? that is your justification? a full 30 minutes and they sat on a lead?

So .... are you implying just the offense quit?

if you want to prove you are a good team you score against 3rd stringers!!!!

as to a lead - Does 16 seconds mean anything to you?

Yes, they could have won KC and Houston, and Miami, and Cincy

and they easily could have won vs the 2 win Raiders

and they could have won against the Bronc's too had the offense scored more points.

The D shut down Manning like they did Rogers.

That is all the point!! What could have happened is irrelevant; what did happen is all that matters. Every single team has "woulda, coulda, shoulda." I bet if you ask a Minnesota fan about their record they immediately point to the Bills game as a "shoulda."

So because they didn't score in the 2nd half it now counts as a loss? They played ultra conservative (and not great) but they knew that the Pats weren't going to come back. They did what they had to do to win the game and the end result and record books show it as a win.

So, we "improve" on paper, get a better coach... and we lose 4 more games than last year.

What?

How many times have we imporved on paper in the last 13 years? How many coaches were better than the last.

I think this is the year we go at least 11-5 but can you really dispute a losing record with the QB situation???

a win is a win yes. and a loss to a 2-12 team should be embarrassing to a 8-6 team

pardon me for expecting an 8-7 team not tromping on 3rd stringers.

I have no doubt that any other team would have kept the foot on the gas pedal and scored at least twice against scrubs.

They didn't need to score in the 2nd half!! They put themselves in position to win a game and did. Everyone wants to win every game. There are games where teams rest guys all of the time. We played without 2 of our best players (Dareus and Gilmore I believe). At the end of the day, it counts as a win. They stifled the Pats in the 1st half (like they did Rodgers and Manning a few weeks prior). At the end of the year that defense was clicking.

The point being (and you are better than some on here when it comes to this) we cant just make up a fake record to prove our point. They easily could have won KC and Houston. They easily could have lost to Minnesota. The "woulda, coulda, shoulda" is totally irrelevant when you have "what is." They are a 9-7 team that appears to have improved on paper. Does that mean that their record will improve? Not necessarily, but in terms of projecting forward, the evidence would support an improved record.

That Pats game was a farce. The Pats could not have cared less if they won or lost that game. That's the difference between that game and the KC, Houston, Minnesota games. Those 3 games were played by two NFL teams who really wanted and cared about winning the game. The Bills/Pats game was played by one team that cared and the other team that didn't care.

It counted as a win for the Bills. But it was a win close to how a forfeited game is a win. It counts, but it had no meaning other than the "W" in the standings. The Pats were playing an exhibition game and the Bills were playing the last regular season game of the season with no playoffs ramifications, wanting to win but not wanting to get hurt. That game was a yawn fest for this Bills fan.

This fan base has a "beat down dog" syndrom if I ever saw it

You dont see other fan bases talking themselves out of a winning record for their team

I think if Marrone was still coach of this team they would't be doing it either. But after he quit many here want to paint Marrone as the biggest POS coach this organization has ever seen so they want to take away the winning record.

I might be on board with questioning the result of the game if the Pats were beating the Bills until they pulled Brady and then the Bills came back. But the fact is the Bills led start to finish and while the Pats didn't play all their starters the Bills were down two of their best defenders. And as much as I dislike Marrone he had the team prepared to play that week when they could have just packed it in after the Raiders debacle.