Espn NFL Nation reporters predict 5-11 season for Bills

which would surprise you more, 10-11 wins, or 7-8 wins? i think its not unreasonable to think as long as we dont have a qb that we are still in that mess of 7-9 win teams. 5 wins i think is ridiculous unless we see injuries to mccoy and/or something like mario/marcell going down for a stretch though.

7-8 (I think 10-11 is likely) but 7-8 would not shock me. 5 wins to me is less likely than 15.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to see if any team actually has a great record with "NFL Nation" predictions... you have the opponent's 'homer' reporter predicting the score of every game.... Lets see what the Pats are predicted to do with this method.... (hold please)

Edit: Looks like my suspicion was totally incorrect! NFL Nation predicts the Pats to be 13-3, while their own "homer" writer predicts them to be 11-5.

Here is the "NFL Nation" prediction:

but that's the funny thing about Pats Homers, they aren't aleays typical Homers predicting 16-0, they believe they like people to think they believe their team isnt great

5-11? What are they thinking? This team is 2-14 at best :nana:

But seriously, I don't think too many people are going to start taking us seriously until we become a perennial playoff contender. Fine by me though, what matters is our actual record. I recall no one giving us a chance in the week 1 game @ Chicago last year and yet by the end of the season we were clearly the better team than the Bears.

Not advocating the article, but..

If Pats* needed a win in season finale, Brady would have played the entire 2nd half and we didn't score. If Sammy doesn't make that sensational behind his head near ODB-like catch, Carpenter doesn't have the opportunity to beat Detroit with a last second FG and 4th & 22 vs Minnesota?? To say nothing of Hogan and Sammy consecutive catches to the end the game?? 6-10, is probably closer to what we were than a late season playoff hopeful.

This schedule is tough. Everyone's schedule is. If we're 0-2 at home to start the season -a very likely outcome, it's a helluva uphill battle going forward. Sure, we've added some impressive offensive skills, but we have an entirely new coaching staff and philosophy that will take a lot of time to truely gel and no starter at QB -who will absolutely need to make plays from early on.

IMO, equalling last years' overall record and still not making the playoffs will be improvement.

Fluke wins, fluke losses... they happen every year. Ya win some, ya lose some. That's because the ball they play with is pointy on two ends.

7-8 (I think 10-11 is likely) but 7-8 would not shock me. 5 wins to me is less likely than 15.

see, i think that sounds like crazy talk to me. 15 i think is ridiculous, while 5 is a few key injuries and bad bounces away. I think we are a 9 win team +/- a game for luck. and in this league its a lot easier to have really bad luck than incredibly good luck - leaving a 4 game drop a lot easier than a 6 game bounce to 15-1.

Edited by NoSaint

Actually that would be an interesting little test, add up all 32 of their predicted team records and see it it equals .500. You'd think anyone writing a column like thta would do a simple check, but maybe not??

Curious to see if any team actually has a great record with "NFL Nation" predictions... you have the opponent's 'homer' reporter predicting the score of every game.... Lets see what the Pats are predicted to do with this method.... (hold please)

Edit: Looks like my suspicion was totally incorrect! NFL Nation predicts the Pats to be 13-3, while their own "homer" writer predicts them to be 11-5.

Here is the "NFL Nation" prediction:

This team could be anywhere from 4-12 to 12-4 depending on QB play.

I disagree with this. I really don't think QB play is going to W or L us games. There are only like 5 QBs who can single handedly win you a guy. Our QB play was pretty bad most of last year and we won 8 games. Any of us could have played QB in the GB game and the Bills still would have won.

The ceiling of the season could get much higher though if one of the QB really steps up though.

I disagree with this. I really don't think QB play is going to W or L us games. There are only like 5 QBs who can single handedly win you a guy. Our QB play was pretty bad most of last year and we won 8 games. Any of us could have played QB in the GB game and the Bills still would have won.

The ceiling of the season could get much higher though if one of the QB really steps up though.

In my opinion....this bills team have been created in a version so as to NOT have the QB determine the outcome

In my opinion....this bills team have been created in a version so as to NOT have the QB determine the outcome

Yup, it's like how the 49ers and Seahawks are designed. As good as Wilson is, he has had some sinkers. They beat Drew Brees in the playoffs and Wilson has less than 100 yards passing. They beat Rodgers when Wilson threw 4 Ints. Those were great TEAMS.

What makes the Seahwaks SB contenders is that Wilson is capable of making game changing plays. If one of our QBs could do that, this team can get to a whole other level.

This is a team that desperately needs FOCUS. I can only remember how I felt when the 2003 Bills went and acquired ''the keg'', Takeo Spikes, and Lawyer Milloy to join a team that was supposed to have a good offense. Just a tremendous disaster of epic proportions was that season after the great start. We also all remember what happened to the "Dream Team" Eagles of 2011 when they added those defenders. It's all about focus, and I think looking at this schedule I see no gimmies to speak of and even potential mine fields. If a roster like we have can play with their backs to the wall (even without an elite QB) then I like our chances. We're better as underdogs anyway.

Link saved. Page saved. Even if they delete it, I have it. It's on my special partion, which gets backed up hourly online, and also gets a cd burned monthly. It's the place where I keep all the mutterings of the unmitigated morons, both from work and not. You say something stupid, and if I have time/care, it's coming back to you. I haze the hell out of people with my partition, and have been for decades.

Anyone that wants this article in December, PM me.

Piss poor QB play can indeed lose you games. When you combine this with the fact that most objective people believe the Bills have a terrible QB situation, you get such a variance of W/L possibilities.

I am not surprised to see low W/L predictions just as I won't be surprised to see 10+ win projections.

before reading let me guess Rodak, (rodent)

the Bills can easily be 5-3 mid season.

I think the worst they'll be is 5-3 by mid season. However, I see potential for an 8-0 record if they beat their first three teams and they're looking like a team about to go on a serious roll.

Unlike previous Bills teams, the players on this team really do think they have the talent now to be a playoff team. The landscape of the AFC is not so tough anymore either.

Piss poor QB play can indeed lose you games. When you combine this with the fact that most objective people believe the Bills have a terrible QB situation, you get such a variance of W/L possibilities.

I am not surprised to see low W/L predictions just as I won't be surprised to see 10+ win projections.

Piss poor O-line play can lose you more games. That's a bigger issue for the Bills right now.

This team could be anywhere from 4-12 to 12-4 depending on QB play.

You could say that about every team. If Tom Brady goes down in week one, that Pats are more likely a 4 and 12 than the Bills with Manuel or Cassel at QB. The Bills are a more talented team across the board, except at QB where they are merely adequate. They won nine games last year with Orton/EJ and they have improved the coaching and offensive talent. This team does not win less than 9 games unless decimated by injuries. Less than 10 is a disappointment; 12 is possible.

by saying the Bills will lose the last 7 is pure stupidity

we all need to write letters to ESPN to get Rodent reassigned to another team.

To be fair, he didn't say that. His colleagues did in their assigned team predictions.