Jameis Winston sued for sexual assault 2 weeks before draft

His lawyer already has a playbook for him after his Dec '12 incident.

I really can't wait until he makes it into the NFL and ends up like Aaron Hernandez. If any of the past allegations are true, he will.

It could be a money grab but he does have a history.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Like this wasn't planned to happen right before the draft. I have a very hard time believing her. Something consensual possibly drunk happened, she blackmailed him, he didn't go through, so now, two weeks before the draft.

it's nice that you know so much,as you infer Winston is 100% in the right here.

The facts came out about this long ago. Many FSU students, male and female, spoke out about this person as loose. They called her an attention grabber who frequently chased after athletes to try and lure them into the sack. She slept with many FSU athletes, and she wanted to see Winston more after they slept together and he wasn't interested, so she went this route.

It's ashame because she gives women who have real cases a bad name.

Nonetheless, it doesn't surprise me in the least that 2 weeks before the draft and being so close to a multi million dollar contract, she is sueing Winston. For someone who stated when the incident occuredthat she wanted "nothing to do with being in the public eye" her actions obviously speak louder than words. She even made a movie of it. Go figure.

It's an obvious money grab from a chick who had no class to begin with. I'm sure with all the questions surrounding Winston's character off the field the timing was intentional. Being so close to being first overall i'm sure this girl wants Winston to pay her off so that it would go away before the draft.

But her sorry a$$ doesn't realize that people see through her attempt at blackmailing Winston a second time by trying to hurt his draft stock in hopes that he just pays her off to go away. At least I hope that's the case.

But Winston put himself in that situation, so I'm sure he learned a large lesson on this one.

let's not confuse fact with opinion.

If she was really raped she should have done this ASAP...

because you are an authority on how people should behave after being allegey raped.

Speaking just for me, I'm as convinced he's guilty of this as I was Hernandez murdered that guy before the cops pulled his T-shirt over his handcuffed arms. He's been coddled and protected by FSU and the Tallahassee Police throughout his scholarship. Unless she accepts a 'forever Silent' financial agreement, I'm certain it will all come out. That's just me.

BTW, I hope we PASS @ 50, cuz I think he'll still be on the Board.,

Speaking just for me, I'm as convinced he's guilty of this as I was Hernandez murdered that guy before the cops pulled his T-shirt over his handcuffed arms. He's been coddled and protected by FSU and the Tallahassee Police throughout his scholarship. Unless she accepts a 'forever Silent' financial agreement, I'm certain it will all come out. That's just me.

interestingly enough, EJ is his mentor

His lawyer already has a playbook for him after his Dec '12 incident.

I really can't wait until he makes it into the NFL and ends up like Aaron Hernandez. If any of the past allegations are true, he will.

It could be a money grab but he does have a history.

So you equate a rape accusation to him turning into a murderer? Wow

He'll be gone by 10.

The facts came out about this long ago. Many FSU students, male and female, spoke out about this person as loose. They called her an attention grabber who frequently chased after athletes to try and lure them into the sack. She slept with many FSU athletes, and she wanted to see Winston more after they slept together and he wasn't interested, so she went this route.

It's ashame because she gives women who have real cases a bad name.

Nonetheless, it doesn't surprise me in the least that 2 weeks before the draft and being so close to a multi million dollar contract, she is sueing Winston. For someone who stated when the incident occuredthat she wanted "nothing to do with being in the public eye" her actions obviously speak louder than words. She even made a movie of it. Go figure.

It's an obvious money grab from a chick who had no class to begin with. I'm sure with all the questions surrounding Winston's character off the field the timing was intentional. Being so close to being first overall i'm sure this girl wants Winston to pay her off so that it would go away before the draft.

But her sorry a$$ doesn't realize that people see through her attempt at blackmailing Winston a second time by trying to hurt his draft stock in hopes that he just pays her off to go away. At least I hope that's the case.

But Winston put himself in that situation, so I'm sure he learned a large lesson on this one.

I would love a picture of the woman and the alleged sack

Edited by HOUSE

Here is a scenario that I believe will make quite a few posters happy. (based on previous comments) How about, Winston holds out on settling this case. The resulting media circus becomes a public relations nightmare for the NFL, and he instantly becomes battery acid to any team desparate for a FRANCHISE capable quarterback. The resulting drop in his draft value finds him out of the first pick overall, out of the first round, and sitting there looking as guilty as OJ's glove at #50. Here in lies the dilemna oh smarter than me posters; should the Bills risk the pick? Alternatively, how about he goes UNDRAFTED (hey stranger things have been known to happen in the NFL) In either case, who would support the Bills taking a flyer on this guy?

Before blasting me on this, keep in mind that Tom Brady MUST retire soon. Do you REALLY think Belocheat gives a rats A$$ what happened at FSU with Winston? As we sit on our collective thrones and cast the burning spear at this guy, remember that there are far worse outcomes for Buffalo, than the outcome for Winston.

Why is it the assumption that this young woman is a money grubbing slut? It is not as though Winston has been a model citizen. Isn't it possible that Wnston assaulted her and when the investigation was derailed, that she was left with no recourse than a civil suit? I believe this was the Brown family's only recourse after OJ was acquitted.

Agree. Everybody has an opinion and nobody except those two know what actually happened. But I know if I were assaulted and robbed by someone and knew for certain who did it I would want to PUNISH that person to the max. If the courts failed me I would damn sure do everything to make life hell for the bastard. This the feeling I get from Winston's accuser.

I meant end up in jail like Hernandez. I don't know how you understood otherwise.

But that's his 2nd rape accusation along with being arrested twice already. He thinks he's above the law, IMO.

He'll be gone by 10.

I think he was getting at "in jail for violent felony that is likely in part a result of being enabled to think actions don't have consequences"

And given his possible rape, theft, etc... While weapons aren't involved the theme of I do what I want and don't really care about others well being might be starting up. While rape does not equal murder it is a rather terrible crime that can really ruin lives.

He won't be able to clam like he did in that sham FSU "hearing". He will be deposed and will have to answer. He will also be deposed in the suit she filed against FSU.

FSU will lose that lawsuit in a huge way--they are totally exposed/liable

He won't be able to clam like he did in that sham FSU "hearing". He will be deposed and will have to answer. He will also be deposed in the suit she filed against FSU.

FSU will lose that lawsuit in a huge way--they are totally exposed/liable

Could also be why she waited to make the claim. I know 2 weeks before the draft seems "questionable" in timing but it's a perfect storm. Hurts him, FSU, his draft position, etc.

FSU is done with him so they are going to wipe their hands of the accusation completely. It will end up being his word against hers (at least I think that is the intent of the timing).

I know FSU can throw their lawyers in there if needed but would look like they are covering up if they did.

Edited by The Wiz

Really? Like this wasn't planned to happen right before the draft. I have a very hard time believing her. Something consensual possibly drunk happened, she blackmailed him, he didn't go through, so now, two weeks before the draft.

If she was drunk, then she probably didn't consent.

IF the alleged rape happened, good for her- do anything you can to gouge this bastard every way possible...

IF the alleged rape did not happen this is a tasteless money grab by a trashy W hore and I hope she's exposed.

This.

Here is a scenario that I believe will make quite a few posters happy. (based on previous comments) How about, Winston holds out on settling this case. The resulting media circus becomes a public relations nightmare for the NFL, and he instantly becomes battery acid to any team desparate for a FRANCHISE capable quarterback. The resulting drop in his draft value finds him out of the first pick overall, out of the first round, and sitting there looking as guilty as OJ's glove at #50. Here in lies the dilemna oh smarter than me posters; should the Bills risk the pick? Alternatively, how about he goes UNDRAFTED (hey stranger things have been known to happen in the NFL) In either case, who would support the Bills taking a flyer on this guy?

Before blasting me on this, keep in mind that Tom Brady MUST retire soon. Do you REALLY think Belocheat gives a rats A$$ what happened at FSU with Winston? As we sit on our collective thrones and cast the burning spear at this guy, remember that there are far worse outcomes for Buffalo, than the outcome for Winston.

I don't think Bellyache gives a rat's ass about a lot of things, including what happened at FSU with Winston.

I also think Bellyache wouldn't draft Winston anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

It's a money grab for sure. But we don't know what happened. Doing it now is just her lawyer putting pressure on Winston to settle quickly.

How is it a money grab if it happens before the draft? If anything it'll reduce the money he gets assuming the charge has an impact on his draft slot. Saying it's a money grab because of the timing makes no sense. I suggest that eeryone read the NY Times stories about the first episode. Winston is not a particularly admirable human being, and the Talahassee cops are a joke when it comes to FSU players.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html

Edited by dave mcbride