Jameis Winston sued for sexual assault 2 weeks before draft

That's not correct. She is suing the school separately. He cannot be held liable for the behavior of FSU, so she can't sue him for that. She is suing him for damages of a sexual assault.

People either don't know or don't remember that there is a witness to this alleged attack. One of Winston's team mates was there. She says this person heard her say "no". She says this person told Winston, essentially, to stop. This person also then wrote on Facebook about what a bad thing he had just seen. He later removed the post. The event was also videtaped on a phone, which was subsequently erased.

All of these people will be subpoenaed and likely deposed. So will the cop who investigated and all of the FSU employees who she reported to as well as the hospital employees and all of her friends who she discussed this with right after the alleged attack.

So far Winston has faced no questioning of any kind ever. Not by the cops, not by the DA, not by anyone at FSU. Yet despite not actually saying anything, this redneck ex-judge at the school hearing concluded that his "story" and hers were both as likely to be as true or untrue.

To get FSU to their semifinal humiliation beatdown by Oregon, many individuals in postions of authority and presumed high regard had to completely surrender their integrity (assuming they still had some) at multiple points along the past 2 years--from the cops to the gigling DA to the highest level of school administration to the ex judge.

Good post. This is how I see it, too.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not correct. She is suing the school separately. He cannot be held liable for the behavior of FSU, so she can't sue him for that. She is suing him for damages of a sexual assault.

People either don't know or don't remember that there is a witness to this alleged attack. One of Winston's team mates was there. She says this person heard her say "no". She says this person told Winston, essentially, to stop. This person also then wrote on Facebook about what a bad thing he had just seen. He later removed the post. The event was also videtaped on a phone, which was subsequently erased.

All of these people will be subpoenaed and likely deposed. So will the cop who investigated and all of the FSU employees who she reported to as well as the hospital employees and all of her friends who she discussed this with right after the alleged attack.

So far Winston has faced no questioning of any kind ever. Not by the cops, not by the DA, not by anyone at FSU. Yet despite not actually saying anything, this redneck ex-judge at the school hearing concluded that his "story" and hers were both as likely to be as true or untrue.

To get FSU to their semifinal humiliation beatdown by Oregon, many individuals in postions of authority and presumed high regard had to completely surrender their integrity (assuming they still had some) at multiple points along the past 2 years--from the cops to the gigling DA to the highest level of school administration to the ex judge.

Thirded.

Hopefully Winston can put this behind him and have a long successful career.

Stay classy, and may you be granted a few daughters to take care of in this world so you can wise up.

So you want my daughters to get raped? Stay classy indeed troll.

If you have daughters, I want you to think about what kinds of idiots are out there in the world to protect them from. This includes people who rush to give the benefit of the doubt to somebody with mounting evidence against them, and people who want to slander anyone who claims to be a victim of someone in a powerful position.

But given your uncanny ability to read between the lines and find something that isn't there, I am not surprised that this went over your head.

The troll stuff is rich, though. A-plus.

An appeal to emotion isn't a great argument.

It wasn't an argument, it was a statement to consider for someone who is making a lot of baseless claims about the accuser. WEO laid out the real argument, which I haven't seen you refute with any authority.

If you have daughters, I want you to think about what kinds of idiots are out there in the world to protect them from. This includes people who rush to give the benefit of the doubt to somebody with mounting evidence against them, and people who want to slander anyone who claims to be a victim of someone in a powerful position.

But given your uncanny ability to read between the lines and find something that isn't there, I am not surprised that this went over your head.

The troll stuff is rich, though. A-plus.

It wasn't an argument, it was a statement to consider for someone who is making a lot of baseless claims about the accuser. WEO laid out the real argument, which I haven't seen you refute with any authority.

Clearly, your argument is that Jerky is not doing something because he doesn't have daughters. An appeal to emotion, an appeal to personal involvement. A bad argument.

Why would I refute WEO's post?

Clearly, your argument is that Jerky is not doing something because he doesn't have daughters. An appeal to emotion, an appeal to personal involvement. A bad argument.

Why would I refute WEO's post?

Actually, the argument was just to act like a human f---ing being rather than some internet tough / wise guy.

I think usually it takes some kind of personal involvement for a jerk to realize he's being a jerk.

I couldn't have said it better if I tried. Well done Mr Weo .

Well said

Actually, the argument was just to act like a human f---ing being rather than some internet tough / wise guy.

I think usually it takes some kind of personal involvement for a jerk to realize he's being a jerk.

trying to humanize a situation to make someone act like a human being?!? what kind of crazy troll talk will you come up with next?!?

When this story came out and then the report was released, it seemed to me that she was lying. After more has come out about how badly botched the investigation was, I have questioned that view and realized I was wrong to assume she lied. I honestly don't know who to believe now. I'm not going to jump to another conclusion on this issue.

The paragraph I bolded is going to be the biggest he said/she said point of contention IMO. One of those facts you stated is incorrect though. The roommate did not post on Facebook about "what a bad thing he had just seen". Three days after the alleged incident he posted, "I feel the worst I almost felt in my life Smh #stupid." Now this could be in reference to the alleged incident, but it could also be referring to a blackout night at the bar for all we know.

I'm not sure what the level of doubt needs to be in a civil case, though I think it's lower which should help her. I think she'll easily win her case against FSU and the PD because of all the facts known about how the investigation was handled. If she can't get the roommate to testify/corroborate her story and she can't get a copy of the deleted video, how much of a chance do you think she'll stand of winning the suit against Jameis? In the absence of that evidence, will the jury assume that because the investigation was botched that he's guilty?

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Mind your own business for once and stop telling people what they think, feel, mean etc.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Your reliance on the NY Times article to support all of your conclusions is really flawed.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Your reliance on the NY Times article to support all of your conclusions is really flawed.

Were you the one that pointed at her sorority chasing baseball players as proof nothing happened?

Will we ever know what happened that night? Probably not. Due to the school, and local law enforcement burying the story we will be even further from knowing fact. We will see where it goes from here but can you admit there are lots of red flags all over this story for your team and player?

When this story came out and then the report was released, it seemed to me that she was lying. After more has come out about how badly botched the investigation was, I have questioned that view and realized I was wrong to assume she lied. I honestly don't know who to believe now. I'm not going to jump to another conclusion on this issue.

The paragraph I bolded is going to be the biggest he said/she said point of contention IMO. One of those facts you stated is incorrect though. The roommate did not post on Facebook about "what a bad thing he had just seen". Three days after the alleged incident he posted, "I feel the worst I almost felt in my life Smh #stupid." Now this could be in reference to the alleged incident, but it could also be referring to a blackout night at the bar for all we know.

I'm not sure what the level of doubt needs to be in a civil case, though I think it's lower which should help her. I think she'll easily win her case against FSU and the PD because of all the facts known about how the investigation was handled. If she can't get the roommate to testify/corroborate her story and she can't get a copy of the deleted video, how much of a chance do you think she'll stand of winning the suit against Jameis? In the absence of that evidence, will the jury assume that because the investigation was botched that he's guilty?

The jury will hear what Darby has to say in response to examination by the plaintiff's lawyer. He will have to explain what he saw, what he said and what he was instructed to say to the police by Winston's lawyer. The lawyer will also ask about the FB comment and I'm guessing he will pound this poor moron of an athlete over what he meant and why he would delete the post if it was about a "blackout". The existence of a video will be questioned, as well as the reason for its destruction.

My guess is that after this kid delivers his predictably stammering and completely unconvincing responses, the jury will draw reasonable conclusions.

Ok, why don't you put your FSU diploma to use and educate us all: how did the NYT and every other report, as well as the transcript of the FSU hearing (I know you read it, right?) lead us all the the completely wrong conclusion?

I'm not relying on an article. I am drawing a conclusion based on what is known and what has been said in support of the claims of the alleged victim. What is your source of convincing evidence that she is lying about everything?

Come on, help me out here..

Edited by Mr. WEO

The jury will hear what Darby has to say in response to examination by the plaintiff's lawyer. He will have to explain what he saw, what he said and what he was instructed to say to the police by Winston's lawyer. The lawyer will also ask about the FB comment and I'm guessing he will pound this poor moron of an athlete over what he meant and why he would delete the post if it was about a "blackout". The existence of a video will be questioned, as well as the reason for its destruction.

My guess is that after this kid delivers his predictably stammering and completely unconvincing responses, the jury will draw reasonable conclusions.

Ok, why don't you put your FSU education to use and educate us all: how did the NYT and every other report, as well as the transcript of the FSU hearing (I know you read it, right?) lead us all the the completely wrong conclusion?

I'm not relying on an article. I am drawing a conclusion based on what is known and what has been said in support of the claims of the alleged victim. What is your source of convincing evidence that she is lying about everything?

If I recall his arguments

1) she slept with her boyfriend that day and didn't volunteer the information

2) her sorority was known to sleep with baseball players

3) there are photos of her with a friend getting ready on a game day morning like a year after the allegation

4) she was drunk during the sex

Edited by NoSaint

If I recall his arguments

1) she slept with her boyfriend that day and didn't volunteer the information

2) her sorority was known to sleep with baseball players

3) there are photos of her with a friend getting ready on a game day morning like a year after the allegation

4) she was drunk during the sex

The guy should just say nothing. It's clear he hasn't read anything on this topic outside of 'Nole fanblogs.

Ok, why don't you put your FSU diploma to use and educate us all: how did the NYT and every other report, as well as the transcript of the FSU hearing (I know you read it, right?) lead us all the the completely wrong conclusion?

his source: Tomahawk Nation fan forum Edited by YoloinOhio