Jameis Winston sued for sexual assault 2 weeks before draft

How is it a money grab if it happens before the draft? If anything it'll reduce the money he gets assuming the charge has an impact on his draft slot. Saying it's a money grab because of the timing makes no sense. I suggest that eeryone read the NY Times stories about the first episode. Winston is not a particularly admirable human being, and the Talahassee cops are a joke when it comes to FSU players.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html

Agreed. This really does not seem like a money grab to me.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it a money grab if it happens before the draft? If anything it'll reduce the money he gets assuming the charge has an impact on his draft slot. Saying it's a money grab because of the timing makes no sense. I suggest that eeryone read the NY Times stories about the first episode. Winston is not a particularly admirable human being, and the Talahassee cops are a joke when it comes to FSU players.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html

How is this not a money grab? Certainly the term "money grab" isn't being used to describe Winston.... You know they are referring to his accuser, right?

IF the alleged rape happened, good for her- do anything you can to gouge this bastard every way possible...

IF the alleged rape did not happen this is a tasteless money grab by a trashy Whore and I hope she's exposed.

This absolutely.

Could also be why she waited to make the claim. I know 2 weeks before the draft seems "questionable" in timing but it's a perfect storm. Hurts him, FSU, his draft position, etc.

FSU is done with him so they are going to wipe their hands of the accusation completely. It will end up being his word against hers (at least I think that is the intent of the timing).

I know FSU can throw their lawyers in there if needed but would look like they are covering up if they did.

I don't see how the timing of her suti against him makes a difference regarding the draft. It will be many months before anything gets underway in that process and everyone on the planet knew she was going to sue him. She filed suit agaisnt FSU 2 months ago....so why is the timing an issue? The Bucs knew a suit would be coming. They don't care.

FSU is in clear Title IX violation. They can't wipe their hands of anythaing and their lawyers are going to be very busy for a long time. They will also face penalties from the Feds for certain and this will pave the way for a huge payout to the wona from that joke of a school.

@RapSheet: Winstons lawyer David Cornwell on the lawsuit: This stunt was expected. Kinsmans false accusations have already been exposed six times.

@RapSheet: More Cornwell on the lawsuit: This time will be no different. Mr. Winston welcomes the opportunity to clear his name with the truth.

I'm not saying he's 100% right, but if this was truly about getting justice, and righting a wrong, these lawsuits would have been brought up when they first happened, not coincidently two weeks before the draft.

TRBJ, im sorry but i think you a completely off base in that assessment. miles outside of reasonable jusdgement to say that the timing means its not legit.

Edited by NoSaint

No wonder he doesn't want to attend the draft

True he knew this was coming...not the way the NFL wants to present itself . When confronted with making this kid with a rape suit as the face of the NFL on draft day I suspect Goodell told him to stay home..

If the glove don't fit to beating women in elevators the NFL is becoming the face of violence against women..

Edited by rfk

Consent can only happen sober, or in an established relationship, imo. If she were coerced into sex while drunk, but wouldn't have while sober, that qualifies as rape in my book.

I understand that this is the rule, but this means there are thousands of rapes on college campuses every day. Any time a girl wakes up and regrets going home with a fatty, that's rape in your eyes?

It sometimes takes years for sexual assault victims to come forward.

You mean sometimes it takes right before the draft? All she wants is $15,000 which is an odd thing to ask for. I guess her "rape" was actually Winston not paying for her prostitution...

Edited by Beef Jerky

You mean sometimes it takes right before the draft? All she wants is $15,000 which is an odd thing to ask for. I guess her "rape" was actually Winston not paying for her prostitution...

The $15,000 is a jurisdictional allegation. Without reading the complaint, it the practice in Florida to allege that the damages exceed the jurisdictional limits of the circuit court (as opposed to county court). I am sure that she will be seeking more than 15k.

@RapSheet: Winstons lawyer David Cornwell on the lawsuit: This stunt was expected. Kinsmans false accusations have already been exposed six times.

@RapSheet: More Cornwell on the lawsuit: This time will be no different. Mr. Winston welcomes the opportunity to clear his name with the truth.

"Mr. Winston" no longer has the option not to testify.

As an aside, as PFT pointed out, one of the more interesting things about her recent filing is that it refers to another woman who complained about JW. That will be interesting.

Edited by Peter

As an aside, as PFT pointed out, one of the more interesting things about her recent filing is that it refers to another woman who complained about JW. That will be interesting.

If it's the one that has been talked about before, it's a girl that said she wasn't raped but that their encounter was weird or something to that effect.

Classy post. I'm sure she has pursued this for this long simply for a used car. Makes sense.

Edited by NoSaint

Really? Like this wasn't planned to happen right before the draft. I have a very hard time believing her. Something consensual possibly drunk happened, she blackmailed him, he didn't go through, so now, two weeks before the draft.

It's amazing that you've deduced all of this after knowing exactly zero factual data.

Are you saying you don't find the timing of this oddly suspicious?

I'm saying that there are no facts and it's irresponsible to theorize; especially when the theory is that a sexual assault victim is a liar.

Are you saying you don't find the timing of this oddly suspicious?

i think suspicious is a ridiculous word to use here. is it meant to maximize her outcome and his penalty? probably, yea. is that suspicious behavior from a victim? no way.

Classy post. I'm sure she has pursued this for this long simply for a used car. Makes sense.

Nothing classy about the topic at hand... Don't expect the same for the conversation. Just b.c I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am wrong. No one knows but Winston and the Girl.

They need to start having these college athlete bring around consent forms if they are going to have sex. Might sound stupid but in reality it is smart and some athletes/celebrities do this already.

Edited by Beef Jerky