Jameis Winston sued for sexual assault 2 weeks before draft

Because, like, you were there and know what her testimony and what all the evidence is?

C'mon man. Noone knows what happened. And as far as the timing goes, who knows? Maybe she's a vindictive b* and wants to hit him when it hurts. Or maybe someone who loves a nasty story is bankrolling her legal fees. We don't know what happened there, either!

Chances are very good, if you know the story, that it does not at all seem like a money grab. She did immediately report it, immediately went to the hospital where they did a rape kit, immediately went to the police. She didn't even know who he was or that he was a football player. It's possible she is lying but it's highly unlikely.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The facts came out about this long ago. Many FSU students, male and female, spoke out about this person as loose. They called her an attention grabber who frequently chased after athletes to try and lure them into the sack. She slept with many FSU athletes, and she wanted to see Winston more after they slept together and he wasn't interested, so she went this route.

I really wish I hadn't consumed that 2nd quesadilla right now because this is making me queasy.

FYI, women who want to see a guy more typically don't go to a hospital and get a rape kit the morning after. If you'd worked in an ER and knew exactly what a rape kit involved, you would know that no woman gets one for giggles "just in case". It is in no way a fun process. Humiliating, invasive, and painful.

The timing of the rape kit is a matter of fact.

It's so extraordinarily common for "many students" to "speak out" against a victim of sexual assault or rape by a sports hero that it's become a cliche'.

Do you understand that even if it were true that she were "loose" and had chased other athletes, it really has no bearing upon whether rape occurred in this instance. What matters is whether she 1) was in a state of consciousness to give meaningful consent 2) consented to whatever happened.

If you don't understand this, I suggest you keep to "Rosie Palmer" until it becomes clear. It's really not that difficult.

Edited by Hopeful

I know some of you feel differently, but I want nothing to do this guy.

Been saying he'd be a bust for 2 years. Just waiting. Some people are just bad people. He is one of them.

So maybe don't act like you know she isnt?

Also I never said she was, I just brought up a different scenario.

sure thing, sparky.

I really wish I hadn't consumed that 2nd quesadilla right now because this is making me queasy.

FYI, women who want to see a guy more typically don't go to a hospital and get a rape kit the morning after. If you'd worked in an ER and knew exactly what a rape kit involved, you would know that no woman gets one for giggles "just in case". It is in no way a fun process. Humiliating, invasive, and painful.

The timing of the rape kit is a matter of fact.

It's so extraordinarily common for "many students" to "speak out" against a victim of sexual assault or rape by a sports hero that it's become a cliche'.

Do you understand that even if it were true that she were "loose" and had chased other athletes, it really has no bearing upon whether rape occurred in this instance. What matters is whether she 1) was in a state of consciousness to give meaningful consent 2) consented to whatever happened.

If you don't understand this, I suggest you keep to "Rosie Palmer" until it becomes clear. It's really not that difficult.

thank you.

This thread reminds me of something that my dear mother used to say...sometimes it's better to keep your yap shut and have people wonder whether your stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

She said it a bit differently, but the substance is the same. She also said that just because you have a thought doesn't mean you have to voice it. That fits here too.

Tallahassee police keep looking worse

@VICESports: The Jameis Winston Rape Lawsuit Has Some Damaging New Information. http://t.co/cLEE5DjgKRhttp://t.co/CvYd0A0Qny

Anyone who still believes Winston was righteously "cleared" by that sham of aN FSU hearing--read this and the transcript.

How on earth, in a hearing where he answered NO questions put forward to him and she answered all questions and reviewed all the evidence and questioned her own witnesses, nearly all of whom corroborated that her story has never changed since she it was first reported after the assault, could this goofball Harding conclude that it was less 50% likely he assaulted her? This wasn't a he said/she said....he said nothing! A brief statement saying she gave consent and that he has learned "how vicious the world can be".

We expect his lawyer to behave as badly as he currently is ("she's 0-6"), but this kid is shameless. If he can't even, in a noncriminal, non-civil hearing, submit his version of events to questioning by this redneck star chamber, then tow things can easily be assumed: he is guilty as charged and the presence of some completely clueless retired state judge was pat of a whitewash orchestrated by FSU.

Chances are very good, if you know the story, that it does not at all seem like a money grab. She did immediately report it, immediately went to the hospital where they did a rape kit, immediately went to the police. She didn't even know who he was or that he was a football player. It's possible she is lying but it's highly unlikely.

I have followed the facts that have been presented in this case (as opposed to the media's slanted versions) and must say that I hope some of the posters on this thread are NEVER jurors in our justice system -- as the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" is as meaningless as a mock draft.

Here are a few tidbits for those of you who are unfamiliar with this case that you might find interesting: 1. the accuser was in a sororiety that used a twitter handle named #fsucleatchasers and openly posted about their pursuit of fsu baseball players (note - Jameis was considerd a star baseball player prior to starting for the football team) 2. the accuser had a picture posted of her and a friend getting ready to attend the FSU-Miami home game in November of 2013 (note - this would be almost 1 year after the 'incident' in which she claims to be raped by the star QB -- not that I have experience but the last thing I would want to do if I were raped would be to cheer for a team whose QB was the alleged rapist -- let alone be in the same building as him) 3. the accuser claimed to have been incoherent and could not remember many of the details surrounding how she arrived at Jameis apartment -- citing two possible scenarios: she was intoxicated and/or drugged as she had 5 glasses of alcohol and multiple shots (her blood achohol level measured .048 a few hours later during the rape exam and showed no signs of any other substance) and the other story was that she could have been hit over the head and blacked out (there were no signs of trauma consistent with a hit over the head at the rape exam hours after the incident) 4. in addition to jameis dna, the accuser also had dna from another male (meaning she had sex with two men that night/day -- something she was not forthright with the state attorney until the tests came back -- the second person was he supposed 'boyfiend' who was notr an frsru rstrurdent or player)

These are just some of the factual details that make this allegation seem less likely to be a rape and more likely to be something else. But then, it probably doesn't matter to some of the judge and jury on this thread.

I have followed the facts that have been presented in this case (as opposed to the media's slanted versions) and must say that I hope some of the posters on this thread are NEVER jurors in our justice system -- as the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" is as meaningless as a mock draft.

Here are a few tidbits for those of you who are unfamiliar with this case that you might find interesting: 1. the accuser was in a sororiety that used a twitter handle named #fsucleatchasers and openly posted about their pursuit of fsu baseball players (note - Jameis was considerd a star baseball player prior to starting for the football team) 2. the accuser had a picture posted of her and a friend getting ready to attend the FSU-Miami home game in November of 2013 (note - this would be almost 1 year after the 'incident' in which she claims to be raped by the star QB -- not that I have experience but the last thing I would want to do if I were raped would be to cheer for a team whose QB was the alleged rapist -- let alone be in the same building as him) 3. the accuser claimed to have been incoherent and could not remember many of the details surrounding how she arrived at Jameis apartment -- citing two possible scenarios: she was intoxicated and/or drugged as she had 5 glasses of alcohol and multiple shots (her blood achohol level measured .048 a few hours later during the rape exam and showed no signs of any other substance) and the other story was that she could have been hit over the head and blacked out (there were no signs of trauma consistent with a hit over the head at the rape exam hours after the incident) 4. in addition to jameis dna, the accuser also had dna from another male (meaning she had sex with two men that night/day -- something she was not forthright with the state attorney until the tests came back -- the second person was he supposed 'boyfiend' who was notr an frsru rstrurdent or player)

These are just some of the factual details that make this allegation seem less likely to be a rape and more likely to be something else. But then, it probably doesn't matter to some of the judge and jury on this thread.

Those are terrible

remind me which of those defenses you'd care about if it wasn't a nole being accused

I gathered you think she was too drunk to say no, that she was in a sorority that liked athletes, she was sexually active with her bf and she got ready on a game day with a friend.... amounts to a rape defense. No commentary on the length of her skirt that night?

Edited by NoSaint

Do you understand that only one of your "tidbits" are actually relevant to the question of whether rape occurred in this instance?

What matters is whether the victim 1) was in a state of consciousness to give meaningful consent at the time 2) consented to whatever happened with Winston.

Having been drinking heavily is relevant because it impacts 1) - it makes it less likely

Edited by Hopeful

Those are terrible

remind me which of those defenses you'd care about if it wasn't a nole being accused

I gathered you think she was too drunk to say no, that she was in a sorority that liked athletes, she was sexually active with her bf and she got ready on a game day with a friend.... amounts to a rape defense. No commentary on the length of her skirt that night?

They really are terrible.

Again, read the transcript of the hearing--or better yet, read the NYT (or any other account, all uncontested facts) regarding the police and FSU handling of this case. You'r emissing a few facts, to be kind.

i believe the timing is clearly to inflict as much damage as possible.

However unlike TRBJ, i think it could easily be explained by "i want to hurt the guy that raped me" just as easily as his interpretation, and that he should give up his attempts to read womens intentions.

Good point here. TRBJ's ability to analyze women is pretty much on par with Buffalo Barbarian's ability to analyze quarterbacks.

Obviously the timing is intentional, but that alone says nothing about the validity of her claims either way.

This is what I had assumed had happened all along. Winston took the theft charge as opposed to improper benefits so he could play. If he admitted to having a deal with an employee for free food, he'd have been ineligible.

Can the NCAA go after FSU over this now or is it a dead issue?

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/22/8466133/nfl-draft-jameis-winston-crab-legs-jim-harbaugh

This is what I had assumed had happened all along. Winston took the theft charge as opposed to improper benefits so he could play. If he admitted to having a deal with an employee for free food, he'd have been ineligible.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/22/8466133/nfl-draft-jameis-winston-crab-legs-jim-harbaugh

ah, the Peter Warrick/Laverneous Coles discount. Publix and Dillard's both participate in the special groupon.

ah, the Peter Warrick/Laverneous Coles discount. Publix and Dillard's both participate in the special groupon.

Did they say that they had a deal with an employee too? I'm not as familiar with that one.

We expect his lawyer to behave as badly as he currently is ("she's 0-6"), but this kid is shameless. If he can't even, in a noncriminal, non-civil hearing, submit his version of events to questioning by this redneck star chamber, then tow things can easily be assumed: he is guilty as charged and the presence of some completely clueless retired state judge was pat of a whitewash orchestrated by FSU.

Your criticisms of Winston's attorney and Winston for being shameless in being non-responsive in a noncriminal and non-civil setting is off the mark. Any hack attorney knows that providing any material information when not necessary is foolish to do. The real concern is not about the preliminary non formal proceedings but the concern is how it affects the potential later formal legal proceedings. What is stated in the college judicial settings can be used at a later time against the client (Winston) in the more serious legal proceedings.

There is no doubt that Winston and his family were well aware how serious the stakes were for his future. He sought good counsel prior to the hearings and he acted on the sound legal advice i.e. to say as little as possible.

I have many doubts about the character of Winston. But from a legal standpoint at the hearing you made reference to he took the right reticent approach in order to protect his interests.

This has always been, and always will be, about the money. The civil suit was the play all along after Team Kinsman's initial extortion attempts of Winston failed (Kinsman's aunt tried to score $7 million from Winston in exchange for dropping the suit). This civil suit will likely fail, too. She was clearly lying from the start, and contradicts herself repeatedly in depositions. Her story has changed so many times it's almost comical. Winston would be wise to not settle.

the really amusing part was when they asked him to explain any legal or disciplinary issues and he mentioned his cafeteria incident, and then they prodded more and he mentioned the bb gun, and then almost with a look of disbelief they asked about the crab legs.... and thats of course ignoring the sexual assualt issues.

ultimately, unless the employee was the owner, its still theft from the store - like the previous incident FSU had.

Edited by NoSaint