Jameis Winston sued for sexual assault 2 weeks before draft

@MBakerTBTimes: BREAKING: Jameis Winston has been sued over sexual assault allegation.

@JFMcMullen: Winston suit was filed by Erica Kinsman, the accuser in the previous Dec. 2012 incident. #NFLDraft

@writerkev: Suit against #JameisWinston filed in federal court in Florida by woman who accused #Heisman winner of rape. @FOXSports1

@Rand_Getlin: Fully expected this to occur. https://t.co/oyIJmLugIO

@ABC: Woman who has accused FSU QB Jameis Winston of sexual assault files civil lawsuit in Fla. court to "hold him accountable" - @AaronKatersky

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Like this wasn't planned to happen right before the draft. I have a very hard time believing her. Something consensual possibly drunk happened, she blackmailed him, he didn't go through, so now, two weeks before the draft.

I am a innocent until proven guilty as well

But come on man....u have absolutely no idea what happened

The facts came out about this long ago. Many FSU students, male and female, spoke out about this person as loose. They called her an attention grabber who frequently chased after athletes to try and lure them into the sack. She slept with many FSU athletes, and she wanted to see Winston more after they slept together and he wasn't interested, so she went this route.

It's ashame because she gives women who have real cases a bad name.

Nonetheless, it doesn't surprise me in the least that 2 weeks before the draft and being so close to a multi million dollar contract, she is sueing Winston. For someone who stated when the incident occuredthat she wanted "nothing to do with being in the public eye" her actions obviously speak louder than words. She even made a movie of it. Go figure.

It's an obvious money grab from a chick who had no class to begin with. I'm sure with all the questions surrounding Winston's character off the field the timing was intentional. Being so close to being first overall i'm sure this girl wants Winston to pay her off so that it would go away before the draft.

But her sorry a$$ doesn't realize that people see through her attempt at blackmailing Winston a second time by trying to hurt his draft stock in hopes that he just pays her off to go away. At least I hope that's the case.

But Winston put himself in that situation, so I'm sure he learned a large lesson on this one.

Edited by dezertbill

Really? Like this wasn't planned to happen right before the draft. I have a very hard time believing her. Something consensual possibly drunk happened, she blackmailed him, he didn't go through, so now, two weeks before the draft.

How would you know? If it indeed happened, and I'm not saying it did or didn't, it is a way to do the most damage to him. If your her dad you wouldn't do the same? The timing has no bearing on weather it happened or not. To say it does is being shortsighted.

I am not a Winston fan and am not as quick to dismiss the woman's allegations. Nevertheless, if her attorney's goal in filing now was a quick setttlement, that is not going to happen. Such a settlement before the draft (in my view) would send a message to teams considering draft a message opposite from the one he wants.

I am not a Winston fan and am not as quick to dismiss the woman's allegations. Nevertheless, if her attorney's goal in filing now was a quick setttlement, that is not going to happen. Such a settlement before the draft (in my view) would send a message to teams considering draft a message opposite from the one he wants.

i believe the timing is clearly to inflict as much damage as possible.

However unlike TRBJ, i think it could easily be explained by "i want to hurt the guy that raped me" just as easily as his interpretation, and that he should give up his attempts to read womens intentions.

i believe the timing is clearly to inflict as much damage as possible.

However unlike TRBJ, i think it could easily be explained by "i want to hurt the guy that raped me" just as easily as his interpretation, and that he should give up his attempts to read womens intentions.

That would seem to be the intent behind the timing.

For sure we don't know what happened, but I know one thing no means no. It doesn't matter if he is already on second or third base if she said yes at first then changed her mind to know, no matter where he was on the playing field, that even includes sliding into home plate, if she says no he has to stop no matter how hard it is to stop he must. If he continues after being told no that is sexual assault or even rape. But again know body knows what happened until it plays out.

If she was really raped she should have done this ASAP...

i dont know if youve caught this case dragging out for quite some time now.... its not like she has withheld the accusation. its simply timing on filing civil suit papers - what difference is filing it ASAP?

Why is it the assumption that this young woman is a money grubbing slut? It is not as though Winston has been a model citizen. Isn't it possible that Wnston assaulted her and when the investigation was derailed, that she was left with no recourse than a civil suit? I believe this was the Brown family's only recourse after OJ was acquitted.