Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I picturing Whaley and Rex here instead?

russ and Marrone

All this clay talk is reminding me of the pitiful clay art pieces I would make in elementary school. I would feel bad giving them to my mom, all cracked, mis-shapen, and vague re what exactly I had made.

pinch pot?

Sources: the Bills are carefully constructing the offer sheet out of actual clay.

Ugh, that adds about 5 days of kiln time! I can't take this!!! Why not just go papyrus and reed pens? It seems like this has gone on since they were in vogue and they'd be faster than clay.

BgPGjh9IIAAVWoQ.jpg

:lol: :lol:

And then there's this...

Awesome how I only see one highlight catch against the Bills, one of which Tannenhill almost gets squashed. That's great. I love how he's even a deep threat and how he scored that TD on 2nd/3rd/4th effort against PIT with 3 minutes left in the game.

@OmarKelly: The Dolphins have not, and will not remove the transition tag on Charles Clay. They fully intend to play him WITH Jordan Cameron.

2nd highest paid TE tandem in history. Unfortunately, that's where the comparison to Gronk and Hernandez begins and ends.

GO BILLS!!!

This same guy, 2 days ago -

@OmarKelly: Folks, the odds of Charles Clay playing with Jordan Cameron are ZERO. Who pays their TE's $14M?

I don't know what would be the best scenario for the Bills, us signing Clay or the Fish devoting 14+ million to 2 above average (at best) TEs.

This same guy, 2 days ago -

@OmarKelly: Folks, the odds of Charles Clay playing with Jordan Cameron are ZERO. Who pays their TE's $14M?

@OmarKelly: The Dolphins have not, and will not remove the transition tag on Charles Clay. They fully intend to play him WITH Jordan Cameron.

So there's a 0% chance that the Dolphins have both guys and 100% chance that they do. Now it makes sense

Omar Kelly doesn't have "sources", according to many Dolphins fans and WGR's Sal Capaccio (he lived in Southern Florida for many years), amongst others. He's just a **** stirrer, like Jerry Sullivan. Whenever there is inside information to what the Miami Dolphins are planning, Omar Kelly is usually the last to know.

I don't know about this. He seems like a me me guy thumping his chest after he scores all those touchdowns :lol:

Don't let that distract you from how he never seems go down upon first contact. He's hard to play against.

GO BILLS!!!

AirPegs on the move again...

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/XSR960

To refer back to the Pegula jet flight tracker thread which was merged into this one: according to the above link, Pegula's jet touched down in Boca Raton at 3pm on Tuesday, which jibes with reports that the Bills arrived in Florida to pick up Clay just as free agency opened. It would be reasonable to expect some kind of news within the next hour or so considering the jet's current flight is arriving right about now at 5:30.

To refer back to the Pegula jet flight tracker thread which was merged into this one: according to the above link, Pegula's jet touched down in Boca Raton at 3pm on Tuesday, which jibes with reports that the Bills arrived in Florida to pick up Clay just as free agency opened. It would be reasonable to expect some kind of news within the next hour or so considering the jet's current flight is arriving right about now at 5:30.

Well it's 5:46 now. Dammit!

I don't know about this. He seems like a me me guy thumping his chest after he scores all those touchdowns :lol:

Yes, that's a bummer. He looks just like Chandler out there. Did you know that he had nearly identical stats to Chandler? It's true. I read it right here.

The Pegula's have a home in Boca Raton. The plane is always flying back and forth between there and Buffalo. I take it as them flying home. Perhaps Clay met them there. But generally Boca Raton on the Pegula jet don't mean jack.

The Pegula's have a home in Boca Raton. The plane is always flying back and forth between there and Buffalo. I take it as them flying home. Perhaps Clay met them there. But generally Boca Raton on the Pegula jet don't mean jack.

Did they fly Clay into and out of Boca the first go round?

Yes, I know. That was my response in the original thread when the link was first posted. My point is, they flew into the same Boca Raton airport on Tuesday when they picked up Clay.

Did they fly Clay into and out of Boca the first go round?

According to the link, they flew into Boca on Tuesday and had a quick turnaround back to Buffalo out of the same airport. So, more than likely, yes.

You are correct. The tags are given a pre-assigned value by the NFL before FA starts. Once the tag is used on a player, it s value counts against the cap until a deal is reached long term or if they sign an offer sheet and the original team matches it.

thanks folks, that clears things up a bit