Scott Chandler to the PATS!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course not. But I also can't root for a no good, stinking, cheatriot either. :beer:

Neither can I.

But i can't hate the guy. He has been a team player and worked hard.

So i will wish him well.

Till game time against those bastards

Had a funny talk with a Pats* fan friend today. He was happy about Chandler signing because he remembered Chandler always hurting them down the middle.

I just smiled

If you're comparing Chandler to Gronk in any way, you're more of a *pats fan than I originally thought. Yes, Brady is better than any QB the Bills have had during Chandler's time, but he's played on more than just the Bills. Chandler is a known commodity, he in no way stacks up to Gronk athletically, blocking wise, route running wise -- he does nothing better.

Wright isn't a TE but a split end playing TE. Chandler could beat him out... but he won't, because Wright is the better receiver and has a year in the system under his belt, including a year of trust with Tommy Terrific.

No, I'm not comparing them athletically. I'm saying every receiver puts up pedestrian numbers in Buffalo. Belichick and Brady will get the most out of Chandler. And Chandler doesn't suck.

No, I'm not comparing them athletically. I'm saying every receiver puts up pedestrian numbers in Buffalo. Belichick and Brady will get the most out of Chandler. And Chandler doesn't suck.

He definitely doesn't suck. He's average to above average at the traditional TE position. He's a big target with suspect blocking skills and the rare mutation of occasionally growing rocks for hands. The is no question he's going into the best coaching and QB situation of his career.

He's just not going to see the field much buried behind Gronk and Wright.

He definitely doesn't suck. He's average to above average at the traditional TE position. He's a big target with suspect blocking skills and the rare mutation of occasionally growing rocks for hands. The is no question he's going into the best coaching and QB situation of his career.

Wright is no more talented than Chandler, IMO. It's not like he had a storied career in Tampa.

Wright is no more talented than Chandler, IMO. It's not like he had a storied career in Tampa.

I don't disagree, they just play different positions. Wright isn't asked to block (Chandler can't really block) but is asked to move around way more than Chandler's capable of. He's also faster, but no where near the same target. I don't think they'll ask Chandler to do what they ask Wright to do. That's why I don't think they have much room for him because Gronk won't be losing snaps to Chandler, and he's really the only one who plays TE for them.

He's not gonna be "buried" behind Wright.

That is pretty much what I'm getting at. I think Chandler will see the field plenty, especially considering how fragile Gronkowski is.

I don't disagree, they just play different positions. Wright isn't asked to block (Chandler can't really block) but is asked to move around way more than Chandler's capable of. He's also faster, but no where near the same target. I don't think they'll ask Chandler to do what they ask Wright to do. That's why I don't think they have much room for him because Gronk won't be losing snaps to Chandler, and he's really the only one who plays TE for them.

You were a little ambiguous before, it sounded like you said the depth chart went:

Gronk - Wright - Chandler

I reaaaally think you're understating the power of Bill Belichick though. If he thinks getting Chandler on the field will help them win football games, he'll get him on the field. Even in a rotational role. Hell, Wright was strictly used in goalline formations for the first 6 weeks he was a Pat, he didn't have a catch that wasn't also a TD.

I don't think they'll go back to twin TE sets because they now have Chandler, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him used as a welcomed cog in their offense.

Maybe they'll just use him for FG block team to keep Gronk healthy.

Yeah he killed the Patriots and lead us to how many wins? 1 in how many games?

How many did Fred lead us to? Cut him. What about Sammy? See ya!

I'm not too sure he will even make the team. After a few missed blocks and a couple drops of an underinflated football in training camp, he will be cut. Even if he makes the team, I don't see much production from him unless Mongo gets hurt.

I am just telling you how pats' "fans" perceive him. They view him as an elite guy based on his production against them.

And we all know how intelligent Pats* fans are when it comes to football. Lol.

He's not gonna be "buried" behind Wright.

...Because they don't play the same position.

He'll be buried behind Gronk.

Make up your mind.

Belicheck is pretty smart guy knows a good player when he sees one to bad in some cases our fans & the Bills front office can't !! :bag:

Chandler averaged 19.2 yds per catch against the Pats & is 3rd all time on the Bills TE list when it comes to catches & yds , not to forget that just was it 2 seasons ago he tied or beat Pete Metzlars one game or single season TD record or something ?? :doh:

Smooth move ! :w00t: Then to add fuel to the fire they hadn't even gotten another TE on the roster yet :wallbash: sometimes i don't know what our FO thinks about ! :flirt: Plus the dude gave us a home town discount last year when he re up'd his contract .

Boy does this move look pretty dam stupid ! :oops: I just hope when we play the Pats this year Scott doesn't make us pay for the move … :censored:

Yep good ole stone hands Chandler (as i've heard him called here) This is almost as stupid as not drafting a home town guy like Gronk when he was coming out :huh: !!

Worst move of this years off season by far !!

Belicheck is pretty smart guy knows a good player when he sees one to bad in some cases our fans & the Bills front office can't !! :bag:

Chandler averaged 19.2 yds per catch against the Pats & is 3rd all time on the Bills TE list when it comes to catches & yds , not to forget that just was it 2 seasons ago he tied or beat Pete Metzlars one game or single season TD record or something ?? :doh:

Smooth move ! :w00t: Then to add fuel to the fire they hadn't even gotten another TE on the roster yet :wallbash: sometimes i don't know what our FO thinks about ! :flirt: Plus the dude gave us a home town discount last year when he re up'd his contract .

Boy does this move look pretty dam stupid ! :oops: I just hope when we play the Pats this year Scott doesn't make us pay for the move … :censored:

Yep good ole stone hands Chandler (as i've heard him called here) This is almost as stupid as not drafting a home town guy like Gronk when he was coming out :huh: !!

Worst move of this years off season by far !!

Step away from the emoticons, my friend...

Can we please stop with the "you cut Chandler without Clay a sure thing!" narrative.

The two moves aren't mutually exclusive. Whaley cut Chandler because he doesn't fit the new offense as well as the old, was making too much money, and his stats dropped off some last year.

If we miss out on Clay, Gresham is still an upgrade over Chandler. If they can't get either, Zach Miller is still out there and is a better fit here than Scott Chandler. And if they can't get any of the 3 - they'll draft someone they'll feel better about than Chandler.

Nothing about cutting Scott Chandler makes anyone look dumb regardless of what happens in FA. New England signed him as a #2 - which is what he would have been practically anywhere else.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Make up your mind.

in the 2 TE set, he is behind gronk and wright because they play complimentary roles. chandler will be competing with gronk for snaps. So the depth chart (and snap count if all healthy) will likely read Gronk - Wright- Chandler, but chandler isnt quite as directly challenging wright (and is a safety net behind gronk).

That sound like your point fleshed out further, Greggy?

in the 2 TE set, he is behind gronk and wright because they play complimentary roles. chandler will be competing with gronk for snaps. So the depth chart (and snap count if all healthy) will likely read Gronk - Wright- Chandler, but chandler isnt quite as directly challenging wright (and is a safety net behind gronk).

:beer: Gracias!

Does he really need your help, No Saint?

I understood what he meant, but none the less he directly contradicted himself, with snark even.

Chandler combined with Gronk will make for a highly impressive red zone/short yardage duo.Both are over 6-6 with huge catching radius' (or is it radii?). Add Wright, who seems to excel catching red zone TD's, and they have significant matchup possibilities that will heavily stress any defense they face. Especially with a guy like Brady who excels at exploiting such matchups.

Can we please stop with the "you cut Chandler without Clay a sure thing!" narrative.

The two moves aren't mutually exclusive. Whaley cut Chandler because he doesn't fit the new offense as well as the old, was making too much money, and his stats dropped off some last year.

If we miss out on Clay, Gresham is still an upgrade over Chandler. If they can't get either, Zach Miller is still out there and is a better fit here than Scott Chandler. And if they can't get any of the 3 - they'll draft someone they'll feel better about than Chandler.

Nothing about cutting Scott Chandler makes anyone look dumb regardless of what happens in FA. New England signed him as a #2 - which is what he would have been practically anywhere else.

Also might have cut him to sign Easley and Wynn.

It snowed more in Boston last year than Buffalo, let him keep his shovel. Revoke his #Billsmafia membership though!!

The Bills cut him and he went where they will pay him (if he stays)

You can't trash every former Bills player because he got dumped. just saying

and FTR I think the name Billsmafia is insulting to Italian Americans as an Italian Americans of Sicilian descent. Does Guido wear a big gold chain?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You can't trash every former Bills player because he got dumped. just saying

You can when they decide "Hey, I'm going to go sign somewhere where I can cheat with impunity."

Thurman was dead to me too, while he was wearing a Dolphins jersey.

You can when they decide "Hey, I'm going to go sign somewhere where I can cheat with impunity."

Thurman was dead to me too, while he was wearing a Dolphins jersey.

OK. you got me there. If he truly loved Buffalo the Cheatriots would be the last place to visit.