WR Percy Harvin's first visit is with Bills

Punch

It's pretty clear that this team is establishing an identity to run the ball and stop the run, then field position becomes part of the game plan.

People are placing too much emphasis on Harvin the WR, but I have yet to see anyone dispel what he is capable of in the return game. Just look at what he did against the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

He will be able to provide some wrinkles in the passing/running game, but he is more than just that, IMO, and worth the risk.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

OOooOoooOoo RT @PrescottRossi: Was told by a Bills PR staffer to stay at One Bills Drive for a few more minutes. Wheels are in motion.

Not sure if this is referring to Felton or Harvin, but Harvin is reportedly in the building right now.

Pretty sure they will land Felton, but man I hope they sign Harvin. This offense sucked last year and needs playmakers and mismatches on the field. Harvin in the slot would give us that. Keeping him from the Pats is a plus too. BB and Pats scheme is predicated on mismatches.

This is old thinking. A new day has dawned. We leverage as much as any other team these days.

I think that this is an interesting take. There is a lot of truth to it as well. The Bills don't get used much anymore; they use people. If they want something they get it (started with Mario). Since then: Hughes, Watkins trade, Rex, McCoy deal, etc...

I think that this is an interesting take. There is a lot of truth to it as well. The Bills don't get used much anymore; they use people. If they want something they get it (started with Mario). Since then: Hughes, Watkins trade, Rex, McCoy deal, etc...

Except for FA O-Linemen, striking out in that department

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Reportedly Boling and Bulaga - but they both chose to stay with current teams. Hughes-style.

That's kind of the point. They didn't really lose out to another team. Revis may be the exception but he went back to the place that he never wanted to leave. If they would have gotten him in for a visit they would have closed.

The OL that they are rumored to want is Jahri Evans if he hits the market. We will see I guess.

Bulaga was a known target, believe Boling as well. Think they are keeping a close eye on the Saints guards at this point.

Harvin and Watkins would present a difficult choice for defenses, cant let those safeties cheat up the field. Should help out the running game in that regards as well, plus the screen game would be ridiculous if we got some guards in here.

Harvin with a side of Jahri Evans/Ben Grubbs please!

Not at all a certainty and I shouldn't say they are sitting back and waiting by any means, but if it happens, I think he is in the plan.

I guess my point is that Evans is just about all that there is left. If this is Whaley's idea of focusing on the o-line, i'd hate to see what it looks like when he isn't.

The OL is too important for Buffalo to ignore. You don't make all of these large acquisitions without shoring up the OL. This isn't Dick Jauron or other GM's who believe in trying to turn water into wine with subpar players.

Buffalo will upgrade their line, I'm confident in it. Just cuz it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

wisniewski?

delapuente wouldnt be a shock and is ok

barksdale, maybe?

and then if the saints move a guard?

just throwing out some names

all very "meh" to me. Chris Williams territory. just not good enough for a team so focused on running the ball this year. Look I don't deny that the o-line will be better. there are few coaches that can get more from their line than Roman. i just expected more of an emphasis on adding talent.

all very "meh" to me. Chris Williams territory. just not good enough for a team so focused on running the ball this year. Look I don't deny that the o-line will be better. there are few coaches that can get more from their line than Roman. i just expected more of an emphasis on adding talent.

Specious reasoning. Just because we haven't seen a signing yet does not mean that there isn't any emphasis on adding talent on the O line.

Specious reasoning. Just because we haven't seen a signing yet does not mean that there isn't any emphasis on adding talent on the O line.

I'm sure there was an "emphasis" on winning 11 games and going to the playoffs the last 15 years.