Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Rapoport ‏@Rap_Sheeet 8m8 minutes ago

#Bills have signed Jerry Hughes to a 3 year deal further details undisclosed #NFLFreeAgency

Sorry guys- just saw it wasn't his real account! The wait continues!

How'd this fake guy get the scoop first?

#uselessrealmedia

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

How much cap room did the team have 1 week ago?

Enough that we didn't have to cut FredEx. As I repeat, cap is an issue you deal with continually. Those who say it's irrelevant I disagree with. If you think otherwise,fine. We disagree. Let's talk next year with some of the signings we have to consider and if we ever get a QB of significance.

Enough that we didn't have to cut FredEx. As I repeat, cap is an issue you deal with continually. Those who say it's irrelevant I disagree with. If you think otherwise,fine. We disagree. Let's talk next year with some of the signings we have to consider and if we ever get a QB of significance.

Would really hurt your Fred argument if we pay a replacement just as much

I think the plan is to draft the next "QB of significance". And coming from the draft, that QB will not break the bank for several years.

Would be against the rules to give him a raise for 3 years making us minimum 4 years out.

They have plenty of room to sign Hughes without cutting anyone so resigning Hughes and cutting Fred if they both happen will hv ZERO to do with each other

Fred is at best the number 3 back on this team right now making 2.7 mil but doesn't play on the coverage units so unfortunately that all adds up to the end of his great Bills career

Edited by Max997

Jerry wants to get paid. People will automatically blame the Bills. But the Bills just simply cannot afford to sign him to what he wants.

IMO, Jerry is going to go down as one of those bad FA signings that does not live up to the contract if he gets the 10+MM a year. He will no longer had Mario and Dareus to take pressure off of him.

Good luck to him though.

I agree he'll never put up big sack numbers when he becomes the primary pass rusher on a team, he starts facing a little extra protection and he'll disappear play one year of a new deal and get cut.

What people don't realize who say that he is only good because of the other three guys on the line, outside of the fact that I doubt they want him close, is he constantly beats his man one on one. If he is not going to be putting up these numbers because double teams are coming his way, that is helping his team enormously, and the other three four guys rushing enormously. Even if he doesn't get 10 sacks he could be worth the 10m.

I don't think it's possible to actually watch him on an all-22 or even just watch any game and key on him every single down and NOT think he is a tremendous football player. It's easy to just watch every Bills game and see the play as a whole and his tackles and just conclude by theory that he benefits by his other three linemen.

Posted in MMQB, this is probably good news!

Hughes was at the Bills dinner celebrating the LeSean McCoy deal, with McCoy and team brass, Sunday night.

That is very good news. Someone posted on twitter last night that they were hanging out with Boobie Dixon and Hughes in buffalo, but didn't know their credibility.

That is very good news. Someone posted on twitter last night that they were hanging out with Boobie Dixon and Hughes in buffalo, but didn't know their credibility.

Agreed. That's a very good sign. I think there is a 90% chance we sign him. It looks good from a lot of aspects. But that 10% still lingers.