Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

Enough that we didn't have to cut FredEx. As I repeat, cap is an issue you deal with continually. Those who say it's irrelevant I disagree with. If you think otherwise,fine. We disagree. Let's talk next year with some of the signings we have to consider and if we ever get a QB of significance.

As you repeat, you refuse to answer direct questions. Stop the nonsense.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earth to Rodak - if Rex didn't think he was going to a big piece of his D, they would not have signed him to this deal.

@mikerodak: Hughes played 52% of snaps in Pettine/Rex scheme in 2013. Question is how much he plays in 2015, and if he's worth $9M/year.

I'm betting he won't be MIA during critical 3rd down plays or for two quarters of action this year, either.

#Bills and Jerry Hughes have a 5-year deal worth at least $45M with $20M guaranteed to keep him in Buffalo.

That is a crazy deal, I was expecting above $50 million and $25 million guarantee'd

How in the hell did the Bills accomplish this? Something magical is in the air at OBD these days...

What a great contract for the team.

both sides wanted it to happen. That accomplishes a lot. Wasn't there with Byrd.

I realize Byrd is just sitting around counting his $$ these days, but you wonder if he looks at what is happening in Buffalo and has any second thoughts.

Probably not, but it's interesting.

if I'm piecing the reports together correctly, it looks like Jax may have offered more (don't know if it was per year or gtd) but he chose to stay here. He had 5 additional teams express interest but no reports they were higher.

Devil in the details - could be other teams offered more $$ but Bills offered more guaranteed or more favorable structure...as many a player has learned its the guaranteed $$ that count

I realize Byrd is just sitting around counting his $$ these days, but you wonder if he looks at what is happening in Buffalo and has any second thoughts.

Probably not, but it's interesting.

as it stands right now, the Bills are the better team based on record. But anything can happen in NO to put them back in playoffs when you have Brees.

Crow tastes great sometimes. I really thought we'd lose Hughes.

It sure as hell does. I assumed he was gone like a lot of other folks. I know OBD had been saying they were confident it would get done, but I thought they said that about Byrd.

IMO, this money is much better spent on Hughes than Byrd, but it's unimportant right now.

Awesome way to start Monday and free agency hasn't started yet!

I'm on cloud 9 guys.